Photo

Full Extraction IS required for Community (Allied) Goal

266 replies to this topic

xCreamyy

xCreamyy
  • Members
  • 354 posts
There seems to be a little bit of confusion over this, and I'm not sure we have a thread dedicated to clarifying. So, here goes:

Derek Hollan wrote...

CmnDwnWrkn wrote...

Did they clarify yet whether "Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficulty" means full extraction is required?

Yes, full extraction all members.

Leave no one behind. 

Posted Image

Link to Source (Fixed. Thanks to Dorje Sylas)

Unfortunately not everyone- especially PUG randoms- will see this, but maybe it'll help spread awareness a little bit. Apologies to everyone who already knew; keep up the good work.

Edited by xCreamyy, 14 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Lokiwithrope

Lokiwithrope
  • Members
  • 4,390 posts
I would assume so.

WestLakeDragon

WestLakeDragon
  • Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
I now know I've only contributed 3 the of 400K needed so far, instead of 10. This news, though has made me now know to not play any more PUGs for now, 'cause all 3 of mine were with friends, I can't rely on Randoms to full extract.

k1ngl1ves

k1ngl1ves
  • Members
  • 6,659 posts
Spam bronze. Solo if necessary. I did about 20 solos since yesterday... at work now. Sucks.

xCreamyy

xCreamyy
  • Members
  • 354 posts

k1ngl1ves wrote...

Spam bronze. Solo if necessary. I did about 20 solos since yesterday... at work now. Sucks.

I've done a handful myself, but if only half of us are aware that full evac is necessary there are going to be a lot of angry people on Tuesday if we've failed.

CoddyXD

CoddyXD
  • Members
  • 330 posts
Did a silver with pugs. One got grabbed 15secs into wave 11

Well that 20mins wasted.....

Dorje Sylas

Dorje Sylas
  • Members
  • 1,423 posts
Your link is busted. Seriously Bioware needs to stop this game. This comes up every time "extraction" missions are going. They need to use the bloody terms that are built into the game. Just list them out.

http://social.biowar...159/14#13114528

Edited by Dorje Sylas, 14 July 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Vault Boy X360

Vault Boy X360
  • Members
  • 196 posts

xCreamyy wrote...

There seems to be a little bit of confusion over this, and I'm not sure we have a thread dedicated to clarifying. So, here goes:

Derek Hollan wrote...

CmnDwnWrkn wrote...

Did they clarify yet whether "Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficulty" means full extraction is required?

Yes, full extraction all members.

Leave no one behind. 

Posted Image

Link to Source

Unfortunately not everyone- especially PUG randoms- will see this, but maybe it'll help spread awareness a little bit. Apologies to everyone who already knew; keep up the good work.

Stupid PUG's are driving me crazy. There is always one person who dies because they are not playing the 11th round or because of stupidity and throwing themselves into the enemy with 10 seconds left. <_<
I also only have 3, though I should have around 6.

Sidney

Sidney
  • Members
  • 3,855 posts
I thought extractions were extractions, not full extractions. So we get the solo prize if we are part of a team in which ANY person extracts but that mission won't count towards the allied goal? It almost sounds like this is a built to fail mission..coupled with the time frame as well.

Someone With Mass

Someone With Mass
  • Members
  • 34,913 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Meh. The reward for the community goal usually sucks, anyway. If they put in another Commendation pack in there, then I'd care.

Walhorin

Walhorin
  • Members
  • 97 posts
pff and I have been going out of my way to choose reaper forces to fight against... been using all my sniper consumables... aah wel back to gold geth.

SOMETHING_FOR_NOTHING

SOMETHING_FOR_NOTHING
  • Members
  • 2,189 posts
im calling it now'

There is no way we can make 400k for the allied goal with full extracts teh reapers are gonna win again

xCreamyy

xCreamyy
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Someone With Mass wrote...

Meh. The reward for the community goal usually sucks, anyway. If they put in another Commendation pack in there, then I'd care.

You don't think +1 maximum Medigel capacity is worth contributing a few full extractions?

With Platinum just around the corner, I'll take any boosts I can get. I'm sure there are people here who feel the same.

Moonphos87

Moonphos87
  • Members
  • 896 posts
Been doing solo bronze for the community goal, got bored of seeing partial on silvers even lol. Although only 3 games out of all the games I had for the day/

WandererRTF

WandererRTF
  • Members
  • 564 posts
If they would count actually extracted persons then the 400k might be feasible - though i have no real idea on amount of games that take place during a challenge.

GreatBlueHeron

GreatBlueHeron
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
So, soloing will count? I can solo bronze, extract and it will count towards community goal?

xCreamyy

xCreamyy
  • Members
  • 354 posts

GreatBlueHeron wrote...

So, soloing will count? I can solo bronze, extract and it will count towards community goal?

Yes.

Doesn't matter how many people are in the game, as long as the whole team extracts. If 'the whole team' is one guy, it still counts.

Midou-Kun

Midou-Kun
  • Members
  • 179 posts
Did not notice that. Thankfully, I'd just been doing Gold runs so far to assure me a commendation pack. Knowing my track record though, I believe I'll be contacting EA pretty soon for them. Kinda makes me feel a little bad because I never pushed for a full extract in all those games. Had I known, I might have let loose more rockets on wave 11.

frudi

frudi
  • Members
  • 1,476 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
400k FULL extractions against Reapers? That's a joke, right? One of those "you're not supposed to make it" goals, like the 3 million banshees a while ago? We'll be lucky to hit 100k, 400k is beyond hopeless.

At least I can stop wasting my time with all the uselessly awful Reaper PUGs and go back to U/U/G...

GreatBlueHeron

GreatBlueHeron
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Thanks.

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 3,640 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Yes it is a lofty goal, but the prize is one that you wont see often at all

MingoStarr

MingoStarr
  • Members
  • 859 posts
I decided to go back to bronze for this event, I feel so powerful doing this! Even then I've had some people just not be in the extraction zone, pisses me off! But at least on bronze the matches are closer to 10-15 minutes.

Ledgend1221

Ledgend1221
  • Members
  • 6,297 posts

Bryan Johnson wrote...

So no six missles?
I am........disappointed.

Zero132132

Zero132132
  • Members
  • 7,916 posts
400k isn't THAT absurdly unlikely. I started doing bronze runs last night, and the two gold runs I completed were full, so I'm already at around 10 personally. Probably will hop on again soon.

Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 3,640 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

Ledgend1221 wrote...

Bryan Johnson wrote...

So no six missles?
I am........disappointed.

Who knows that the future will hold ;)