Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Re: Operation OVERWATCH
Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME
Distribution: N7 Forces Only
Soldiers of the Milky Way –

By now you have probably heard that Operation OVERWATCH succeeded on many fronts. Frankly, I would not be surprised if this message goes unread until tomorrow due to excessive celebrating. You have struck the Reapers where they are strongest and lived to tell the tale. Credit goes to you, to those shuttle pilots who retrieved your teams, and to the many personnel who supported and planned the missions.

But I also want to speak to some of what you may be seeing in the media soon. Eventually, it will be public knowledge that we had operations on Earth, retrieving data and personnel necessary for the military and economic well-being of the galaxy.

This success will bring hope to billions of people. It will also enrage some of them. Be prepared for the tough questions – when are we starting our full-scale assault? Why retrieve this helium-3 magnate but not another one, or save my loved ones? Who are you to play God?

There are no good answers to these questions. The reality is, the Reapers have almost every conceivable advantage -- numbers, firepower, technology – and we make do with what we have. We strike and retreat because facing the foe head-on would be a disaster. Nowhere is this truer than at Earth.

We have started to give them a death by a thousand cuts. Take heart in this, celebrate, and relax tonight. Tomorrow morning, we will get down to business, because there’s nine hundred and ninety left to go.

--Admiral Hackett

We had 1.25 million extractions for the Allied goal and 133,000 extractions for the squad goal.

Reward packs will start to be sent out starting later today. All packs MUST be claimed within one week of being sent or they are no longer valid. We will be updating the countdown clock at the top of the page once the packs have been sent out to let you know they have been sent and how long you have to claim them.

Great work everyone. :)

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 31 July 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Cohen le Barbare

Cohen le Barbare
  • Members
  • 1,789 posts
Yeah, Eagle V, ammo card, here I come!!!

Edited by Cohen le Barbare, 31 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

JG The Gamer

JG The Gamer
  • Members
  • 969 posts
WOOHOO! We did it!

And yes, I read this in Hackett's voice.

Ledgend1221

Ledgend1221
  • Members
  • 6,383 posts
Gettin' mah Paladin!

Creston918

Creston918
  • Members
  • 1,566 posts

Cohen le Barbare wrote...

:D:D:D

I'm still missing four N7 characters, so it'll be nice to FINALLY get a new one to play with.

Jade Elf

Jade Elf
  • Members
  • 1,141 posts
Yes! :wizard: (Couldn't view the thread a few minutes ago, I guess I was too fast :P)

Lynx7725

Lynx7725
  • Members
  • 1,568 posts
1.25 million extractions eh? That overshot the target.. a little.

sandboxgod

sandboxgod
  • Members
  • 1,457 posts
Awesome work guys!

PsychoticBiotic

PsychoticBiotic
  • Members
  • 6,456 posts
Nice!

born2beagator

born2beagator
  • Members
  • 3,082 posts
 Yay.  Another Eagle incoming for me:crying:

Fennekin

Fennekin
  • Members
  • 307 posts
Yay :D

Prince Bubblegeth

Prince Bubblegeth
  • Members
  • 388 posts
all the medi-gels didn't really go to waste! OH YEAH~

Riotstean

Riotstean
  • Members
  • 218 posts
SWEET!

Catastrophy

Catastrophy
  • Members
  • 4,580 posts
Thanks, relating to the longer extraction time: That only applied to the (now finished) operation, no?

IllusiveManJr

IllusiveManJr
  • Members
  • 12,262 posts
Cryo Ammo IV for the win!

IronRush

IronRush
  • Members
  • 1,012 posts
Great!

Nissun

Nissun
  • Members
  • 4,318 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

Frankly, I would not be surprised if this message goes unread until tomorrow due to excessive celebrating. 

*uncorks champagne bottle*

Sorry, did you say something?

Cathey

Cathey
  • Members
  • 664 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Excellent! Nice work everyone :D

Lord Chun

Lord Chun
  • Members
  • 2,064 posts
Hurray now we get to relax and why did we thank the pilots they took longer then usual those slackers :)

TheWout

TheWout
  • Members
  • 712 posts
Yes, but whenever Reapers select Earth Maps to fight us on, random Destroyers will show up in their game.

Velocithon

Velocithon
  • Members
  • 1,419 posts
Finally. I can't get a new character for the life of me (only have N7 Paladin so far).

Although if I get another Paladin in the pack, I just...I'll probably just stop playing again.

Stephen442

Stephen442
  • Members
  • 53 posts
Now isn't it good when it all pays off, well done guys!

ElectroNeonPanda

ElectroNeonPanda
  • Members
  • 523 posts
Can we have that extra medi-gel slot now please? I mean, this event was an acknowledgement you dropped the ball with the previous Reaper event communication which was meant to yield the upgrade on completion.

ol MISAKA lo

ol MISAKA lo
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Cohen le Barbare wrote...

Same here, except it's gonna be a IV.:bandit:

Kain_Pure_evil

Kain_Pure_evil
  • Members
  • 65 posts
Quick question Chris, if we are missing an N7 char will we get that, instead of a card of one we already have? Becuase the N7 Fury STILL elludes me, and after spending over 6 mil credits im beginning to get annoyed and stopping playing due to this.