But in-game testing by various forum posters has resulted in the following hypotheses:
* Shadow Strike doesn't benefit from power increases at all; the character builder is lying, as it does with Ultralight Materials for the SMG.
* Shadow Strike does benefit from power-damage bonuses, but only for the damage from Evo 3.
* Shadow Strike somehow benefits twice from damage bonuses in Tactical Cloak (not including damage from Evo 4, which is counted only once).
* Shadow Strike uses the Shadow's heavy melee damage as the base, making the displayed power damage irrelevant.
* Sword Mastery Evo 5 is bugged, and adds no damage to Shadow Strike (but Evo 6 works normally).
The evidence appears contradictory, even more so since multiple combinations of the above seem to fit the way the Shadow works in play.
This is, to put it mildly, important information for anyone who's trying to build or play a Shadow. Is it possible to get some official clarification on what should provide damage bonuses to Shadow Strike, as well as what currently does?
Edited by rmccowen, 01 August 2012 - 04:54 PM.