Photo

ashley romance cut content

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

jdmteggy4life

jdmteggy4life
  • Members
  • 438 posts
 i found this cut content and cant help but wonder why did bioware take this out??? please add this bioware thats all im asking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSqOlD61FZw&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYIjPFcgLM&feature=watch_response_rev

after talking to some people i would like to know bioware, was this intentional or did it happen by accident???

Edited by jdmteggy4life, 21 August 2012 - 09:26 PM.

BadExamp1e

BadExamp1e
  • Members
  • 1,944 posts
Never gonna happen.

:/

Juggle

Juggle
  • Members
  • 46 posts
Oh no, this is not even all that was cut. There's much more, I remember the old script. In the old script Ashley says a lot of things, about Shepard death, about war, council and how to being spectre, and much more.

Must say, without these lines she's a bit OOC. Not to mention the fact that after the coup she is silent almost all the time, even with romance.

Psycho Mantis I

Psycho Mantis I
  • Members
  • 575 posts
I really want more content for her but, i doubt they are going to put this back though.

iSousek

iSousek
  • Members
  • 948 posts
Now I finally know what that 'remind me' from Shepard was about.

It's funny how most of these conversations not only make Ashley seem more like Ashley but they actually make all of her ME 3 content more sensical and simply... better.

When I see this I get the feeling that at the last moment a ninja infiltrated BW's studio and sabotaged Ashley's content.

Considering some of those are 'bugged' conversations you can tweet this to Gamble or Priestly so maybe it can be repaired.

Also, considering how all of those audios were taken from ingame written files, and often Ashley's scenes fade out for no reason in the middle of her sentance, I can only conclude that Ashley's content is massively bugged.

As I said, activate the twitter brigade... politely ask the question if some of this content was bugged or intentionally cut from the game. If it was bugged, I'm sure BW will try to repair it with the next patch or something.

EDIT: Don't be so pessimistic, be pro-active. Bioware may not even know that these bugs exist (if they are indeed bugs, and not intentionally cut content. I have to say, I call bug on this one)

Edited by iSousek, 19 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Padt

Padt
  • Members
  • 283 posts
I think I get why they cut that first one. I mean, it's very cute (the thing about the hair is priceless), but I dunno if it fits the more...solemn and somber tone of the ME3 love scenes. I really wish they would've kept the second one in, though. As it is in the game right now, the way the cutscenes/audio of Ash's Citadel date play out (if you romanced her in ME1) is...pretty awkward.

And I really, really wish the fourth had made it into the game, too. I assume it's meant to be either an intercom conversation or a moment where Ashley visits Liara in her office. In the vanilla game, Ashley neither leaves the starboard observation deck (unless you do the Tuchanka: Bomb mission after you've recruited her, case in which she stands in front of the Normandy's memorial wall) nor talks to anyone via intercom (again, unless you do Tuchanka: Bomb after having recruited both her and Tali). It makes her seem very isolated.

Apathy1989

Apathy1989
  • Members
  • 1,966 posts

JDeelane wrote...

Oh no, this is not even all that was cut. There's much more, I remember the old script. In the old script Ashley says a lot of things, about Shepard death, about war, council and how to being spectre, and much more.

Must say, without these lines she's a bit OOC. Not to mention the fact that after the coup she is silent almost all the time, even with romance.

le sigh.

But yeah Ash is a bit out of character since she has a different writer iirc.

Skullheart

Skullheart
  • Members
  • 4,344 posts
They needed to cut things to make more space for walters waifu.

BP93

BP93
  • Members
  • 2,021 posts
This thread is what makes me sad.

krukow

krukow
  • Members
  • 3,886 posts
At least Ash's different writer did better than Thane's different writer...

BadExamp1e

BadExamp1e
  • Members
  • 1,944 posts
I just hate people.

Hats

Hats
  • Members
  • 3,866 posts

krukow wrote...

At least Ash's different writer did better than Thane's different writer...

I guess..

Felspharr

Felspharr
  • Members
  • 9 posts
It's a shame how much was cut. Thane had an astronomical amount of cut content.

iSousek

iSousek
  • Members
  • 948 posts
As I sad, you can't really be sure that this content was cutted. For me personally it seems like some lines are obviously bugged (like the date on the citadel, or her dialogue with sister)

Don't forget that some other characters also have lines that are bugged. Example Liara who due to bug doesn't recognise LOTSB romance even though the content exist on the disc.

Don't be so pessimistic. Is there anyone with twitter account who can maybe ask Priestly (or someone) was this intentionally cutted or are some lines simply bugged ?

iSousek

iSousek
  • Members
  • 948 posts
My question is, was this intentionally cut or are some of these lines actually bugged?

I'll tweet this to Mr. Priestly and hopefully he will be able to answer.

AnubisOnly

AnubisOnly
  • Members
  • 543 posts
Bugged? I don't think so...
So why it was not patched for half of the year?

iSousek

iSousek
  • Members
  • 948 posts

Lucas1987Dion wrote...

For the same reason Liara still isn't patched. For most story related bugs BioWare turned to the fans to point them out. This is one of the things no one could've noticed untill it was uploaded on YT.

Some scenes from Ashley also heavily look like they are bugged. Some of here scenes fade out in the middle of her sentence (for example the scene at the memorial)

Also, these files were taken from the game disc, not from beta. Meaning, they weren't really cut, they exist but don't happen. There is high chance that for some reasons they don't "proc", the same way Liara has an error with recognising LOTSB romance.

That's why it would be nice if we could get an official answer from someone from BioWare. Just to know if this conversations intentionally do not happen or is it bugged and can be repaired.

Edited by iSousek, 22 August 2012 - 05:32 PM.

CptData

CptData
  • Members
  • 8,646 posts

Felspharr wrote...

Let's say, if I were Chris L'Etoile, I would cry every single day 'cause of what the new guys did to Thane and Ashley.
Pretty much this.

The sad part is: Ashley's cut lines are pretty much those lines you NEED to see in game to get an idea who Ashley truly is - even if you already know her from ME1. Since the lines are missing you can't hook up with Ash. It's hard enough for her fans - and impossible for those who started with ME2 or ME3.

And Thane?
No need to talk about him. I would support a Thane focused DLC to save him, even if I never romanced that guy. He's a friend of Shepard, damnit!

Padt

Padt
  • Members
  • 283 posts

iSousek wrote...

Lucas1987Dion wrote...

For the same reason Liara still isn't patched. For most story related bugs BioWare turned to the fans to point them out. This is one of the things no one could've noticed untill it was uploaded on YT.

Some scenes from Ashley also heavily look like they are bugged. Some of here scenes fade out in the middle of her sentence (for example the scene at the memorial)

Also, these files were taken from the game disc, not from beta. Meaning, they weren't really cut, they exist but don't happen. There is high chance that for some reasons they don't "proc", the same way Liara has an error with recognising LOTSB romance.

That's why it would be nice if we could get an official answer from someone from BioWare. Just to know if this conversations intentionally do not happen or is it bugged and can be repaired.

You know, looking at the Citadel memorial scene, at least:

I do rather get the sense that there might be some buggage going on there (scroll to near the end to see where the dialogue starts). The audio seems to cut out somewhat abruptly, for one thing, and even after it does Ashley's character model gesticulates as if she were still speaking.

Omega Torsk

Omega Torsk
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts
My gosh, some snipping of the first one the full inclusion of the second... Bioware, make it happen!!! The part where you rekindle your romance with Ash always felt bugged, like some dialogue was always missing... now I know why!

The third and fourth ones aren't very essential. Maybe incorporate the third into auto-dialogue.

Apathy1989

Apathy1989
  • Members
  • 1,966 posts

Lucas1987Dion wrote...

Better question: Why weren't they patching and implementing recorded dialogue, instead of making day 1 DLC?

CptData

CptData
  • Members
  • 8,646 posts

Apathy1989 wrote...

Lucas1987Dion wrote...

Better question: Why weren't they patching and implementing recorded dialogue, instead of making day 1 DLC?

Most likely because the dialogue needs to be animated / implemented as full dialogue - which means extra work.
I'm sure BW did the scenes but never finished them for a release.

I can't get it why BW recorded lines they're not using in game. After all, the money was spent already ...

Allstar27

Allstar27
  • Members
  • 257 posts
Wow....The lock-in date on the Citadel always felt bugged...I guess this explains why

Felspharr

Felspharr
  • Members
  • 9 posts

CptData wrote...

Felspharr wrote...

Let's say, if I were Chris L'Etoile, I would cry every single day 'cause of what the new guys did to Thane and Ashley.
Pretty much this.

The sad part is: Ashley's cut lines are pretty much those lines you NEED to see in game to get an idea who Ashley truly is - even if you already know her from ME1. Since the lines are missing you can't hook up with Ash. It's hard enough for her fans - and impossible for those who started with ME2 or ME3.

And Thane?
No need to talk about him. I would support a Thane focused DLC to save him, even if I never romanced that guy. He's a friend of Shepard, damnit!

Thane had an entire arc dedicated to character development. Him, Kasumi, and Kolyat were all involved in the Citadel Coup.

Which, also, had nothing at all to do with Cerberus taking the station by brute force, making it much more thematically consistent. To be honest, most of the content in the leaked script back in Novemeber made so much more sense than what we got.

I was expecting Ashley and Shepard talking existentially and Thane having a heartwrenching death, and what we got was so sub-par. That's not the only thing, either.

You have Thessia which was supposed to involve sacrifice, nightmares that were supposed to make sense, Shepard questioning his very identity beyond one line in the last two hours of the game. For fleeting instances I think they removed this out of spite for our response for the things that weren't as well written.

CptData

CptData
  • Members
  • 8,646 posts
^ seems so.

But really ... that ethical question should have been part of the game and especially for the LI (in our case Ashley). A remnant of that is the very short dialogue on board of the Cerberus HQ, but that's it. And no, it does not do the trick since Ash accepts it too easily - which hints they already had a talk dealing with it before.

Sometimes I wonder who was deciding what stuff got cut. In this case, it was a bad mistake. The only good thing: I can use it in a fanfic to deal with it.