Genies, magic carpets, etc; This is an idea inspired by the nice tileset made by Zwerkules in the Oriental challenge.
Creatures:genies, CEP included all kind of genies in D&D but in my opinion most of them don't look very nice; Also any other creature from AD&D "Al-Qadim" campaign would be nice...
Tilesets: We have some Arabian cities like Zwerkules' city; But there is other nice Arabian backgrounds, for example Arabian interiors, with lots of decoration. Also additions for existing tilesets could be nice, for example some Arabian cities tilesets included ships, but i think that any of them had included a truly Arabian ship like the medieval arb-ship "dhow" with the typical triangular sails...
Arabian style heads also would be nice, we don't have too much of this...
And as usually: Arabian armors, clothes, weapons, placeables, and any other stuff....
This theme was suggested by Shemsu-Heru.
- It must be fully working in game.
- Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine, though state-of-the-art amateur's work would require 100% original work, but that's up to you.
- Teamwork is welcome.
- Beginners most welcome, don't be afraid, just try, you'll be surprised!
- All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by October 1st, 2012 at 10 AM EST. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too. ;-)
Somethings you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:
- 2da lines needed.
- Screenshot *from in game* for use on the vault page (this also gives me hints on how to display the new goodie).
- Portraits (if needed) of your new goodie. ** Placeables and monsters should include a portrait. **
- Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goodie.
- Any credits you would like listed.
- If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).
- Also if you would like an invite to the CC Makers group, send Rolo Kipp a friend invite. The group is nothing spectacular, mostly just documentation on 2da lines.
- If you are doing tileset content, *please* let me know ahead of time so I can get you the set and itp files to work with. I’m horrible at merging those so this bit you will need to provide.
If you have concerns/questions about this month’s Challenge please post in this thread.
If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here.
***When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.***
If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge. We'll try to help!
Have no fear and join the fun!
And finally, you can:
Submit theme suggestions.
[*]Vote for October's CCC theme.
Email content to: NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com
Edited by The Amethyst Dragon, 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM.