Photo

Redeemed DLC Unofficial Troubleshooting and FAQ (PC Only)

2701 replies to this topic

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Redeemed DLC Troubleshooting FAQ
Last Updated : 18 May 2010
New additions will be in yellow in the table of contents

This is for the PC version of the game.

Introduction :

Hello everyone. It seems a lot of people have troubles downloading/accessing/activating the DLC that come from a lot of different places. I started this thread since there was no real solutions yesterday night when I was contacted by a few friends of mine with the problem. This morning, the day after the release, more and more people came up with variations of the same issue. I will try to merge the info we collected in this thread.

Table of contents

0.PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY ACTIONS (This forum and the paths)

The suggestions for these issues are not foolproof nor absolute. They come from my experience and the results in the thread.

0.1. List of common issues and which sections/fixes/methods could be used as a workaround to solve them.
....0.1.1. Nothing shows up at all in all three tabs while in-game (Available Content, Download and Installed).
....0.1.2. When I try to utilize Dragon Age: Origins content I've downloaded, I receive an error message indicating that I'm unauthorized to do so.
....0.1.3. In-game issues with the DLC in spite of successfully being installed.
....0.1.4. Code not recognized, please check that you have entered it correctly. Unable to redeem code.
....0.1.5. Some of the DLC are stuck at 0% in my Download Content tab in the game.
....0.1.6. Some of the DLC are stuck at 100% in my Download Content tab in the game and not installing in the Installed Content tab.
....0.1.7. All of the DLC are stuck at 0% in my Download Content tab in the game.
....0.1.8. All of the DLC are stuck at 100% in my Download Content tab in the game.
....0.1.9. Some of your DLC are showing in the Available Content tab while you are entitled to it as seen on http://social.biowar...ntitlements.php
....0.1.10. The service just won't start, Error 1053 or timeout
....0.1.11. Can't start the service, Error 5 Access Denied
....0.1.12. Content Not Authorized when it worked before.
....0.1.13. Service is running, cleaned the updater data, everything seems yet major DLC not showing
....0.1.14. None of the previous fixes to install the DLC worked and you're NOT using Windows with English and US regional settings.
1. Redeeming your DLC correctly on the social Bioware website.
2. How to log in with your social Bioware account in which you redeemed your DLC content once in the game.
..2.1 How to check what is linked to your account
3. My DLC are redeemed and I'm still having problems.
..3.1. Some noteworty stuff to look up before going in the more advanced troubleshooting.
....3.1.1. Some users reported problem when their My Documents folder is located on a different drive/partition or on a Network
....3.1.2. Uninstalling Dragon Age and reinstalling it borked the service needed to download the DLC
....3.1.3.Not running the game or the Updater service as administrator could cause several problems with Windows Vista and Windows 7
....3.1.4.Make sure your firewall doesn't block the service
......3.1.3.1. Configuring Dragon Age: Origins to always run as an administrator
......3.1.3.2. Configuring Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater service to always run as an administrator
....3.1.4. Disable your Antivirus software for the duration of your attempt to download the DLC
....3.1.5. Run the CMD or Command as administration (Windows Vista & 7) if you encounter problems with some of this FAQ sections
..3.2. When in-game, nothing shows up in the three DLC tabs (Available Content, Download, Installed).
....3.2.1. Making sure the Dragon Age Updater Service installed properly
....3.2.2. Manually start the Dragon Age Updater Service if present
....3.2.3. Installing the Dragon Age Updater Service if it's missing
....3.2.4. Uninstalling and reinstalling Dragon Age Updater Service if you receive errors at point 3.2.2 or everything else failed.
....3.2.5. If everything looks perfect and you still can't access any DLC, perform 3.3.1 to clean all the Updater data.
..3.3 When in-game, some DLC shows up in Downloaded and Installed with different status (Not installing, stuck at 100%, not authorized, etc...)
....3.3.1. Cleaning the Dragon Age Updater data to force the game to redetect and redownload/reinstall all your DLC
4. Addtionnal procedures and methods used for reference on specific issues.
..4.1 List of the DLC and their folder name as well as the link for a direct download.
..4.2 How to manually install a DLC (You still need to own it to get them to work)
..4.3 How to delete a DLC (and / or a partially downloaded one)
..4.4 How to Show hidden files so you can located the All Users folder

0. PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY ACTIONS

All of these instructions will be performed at your own risk. I'm not working for Bioware.

All of the paths listed in this post might end up messed up. There is something on these forums that keep addins new backslash (\\\\) when writing paths.

Exemple : c:\\\\program files\\\\Dragon Age Origins\\\\

Make sure to always trim these down to only have one in any paths you encounter.

This was created quickly to cope with the amount of people with the issues.

0.1. List of common issues and which sections/fixes/methods could be used as a workaround to solve them.

....0.1.1. Nothing shows up at all in all three tabs while in-game (Available Content, Download and Installed).

• Try 3.2.1 and go to 3.2.2 if the service IS listed. Try the easiest stuff before messing with installing the service. If the service is NOT listed you have no choice but to install it with 3.2.3 before going anywhere else in this thread!
  • I would try by disabling the antivirus / firewall software
  • Try 3.1.3 so the game and the service are running with sufficient rights to perform the tasks they were coded to do. 3.1.3.1 for the game and 3.1.3.2 for the service
  • A mention to 3.1.1 about your windows user files
  • If you service is present and none of the previous hints helped, you can always try to uninstall and reinstall the service manually. This is done with 3.2.4.

Dermoth wrote...
For me, reinstalling the Microsoft.NET Framework did the trick. Before, all my DLC wouldn't show up in all three tabs in the DLC Menu ingame. Then I read the hint from the OP to do something with the Microsoft.NET folder, I searched and couldn't find it on my drive, so I just downloaded it. Now everything works like a charm!

....0.1.2. When I try to utilize Dragon Age: Origins content I've downloaded, I receive an error message indicating that I'm unauthorized to do so.
  • Contrary to what Bioware is saying, EA says this : http://help.dragonag...=&p_faqid=23584
  • Make sure you are logged in... Also make sure it is your account. Delog and relog just to be sure.
  • Make sure you registered the game itself to your account. Click here and make sure your Dragon Age version is registered.
  • Try 3.2.2 and check if the service stopped working.
  • In DA:O Launcher, click configure and then Repair and click the button "Clear Download Cache"
  • Try 3.3.1 to clear the data from the updater

....0.1.3. In-game issues with the DLC in spite of successfully being installed.

This section is newly edited. I will keep the information I previously put for this kind of issue since it had some success with some people. Kepha made a thread addressing in-game DLC issues.

I suggest trying Kepha's Dragon Age DLC In-Game Errors FAQ (DLC items disappeared. Sulcher’s Pass, Levi,....
Good info on this kind of issues in her thread. There's some explanation on why and what is happening and instructions to fix it, not make it worse, etc...

Both threads are now linking to each other so with the both of us, we got a lot covered. I'm not copy/pasting the information from that other thread to use here obviously.

I'll keep the 'old' information for this point, just in case.

So far it's very random.

Some people had successes when uninstalling and reinstalling the faulty DLC. It seems some of the people had a successful download and install but the DLC folder had the wrong sidz once installed. Game thinks it's all good but of course it's not. So by using the section 4 to locate the DLC, delete it and let the game reinstall it worked for some.

Things to try :

• Make sure your service is started (3.2.2) or just stop it and restart it.
  • Properly logged in your account in game. Try to delog and relog first.
  • Check these forums for schedules servers maintenances that could prevent you from logging in game and thus breaking the DLC (at least momently).
  • Try to set the game as admin (3.1.3.1. and 3.1.3.2.). The DLC files themselves are not in the normal Dragon Age game folder.
  • Maybe it's an extension of the 3.1.1?
  • Last resort, reinstall the faulty DLC (Section 4.)

....0.1.4. Code not recognized, please check that you have entered it correctly. Unable to redeem code.

Cheiron the Centaur wrote...
PROBLEM SOLVED! My Stone Prisoner code was refused, until someone recommended that I first register the game itself here on the site. So I added the CD code here under Profile/Register Games, and after that I tried again to redeem the Stone Prisoner code. This time the code was accepted!

Hope this helps someone else as well...

....0.1.5. Some of the DLC are stuck at 0% in my Download Content tab in the game.

• Select the DLC, in the right pane is a description of the DLC and a little picture. Underneath the description is a DOWNLOAD button. Try it to force the download.
  • Try 3.2.2 just to check if the service crapped on you.
  • In DA:O Launcher, click configure and then Repair and click the button "Clear Download Cache"
  • 3.1.3.1 and 3.1.3.2 SHOULDN'T apply since some of the DLC downloaded and installed.
  • Shouldn't be the firewall/antivirus also since you managed to get some of the DLC
  • Kick start the service so it can redetect your DLC and such, use 3.3.1 for that
  • Manually install the DLC that is giving problem, use 4.2 in with 4.1 as reference.
  • Very last resort, reinstall the service with 3.2.4

....0.1.6. Some of the DLC are stuck at 100% in my Download Content tab in the game and not installing in the Installed Content tab.

• Select the DLC, in the right pane is a description of the DLC and a little picture. Underneath the description is a DOWNLOAD button. Try it to force the download.
  • In DA:O Launcher, click configure and then Repair and click the button "Clear Download Cache" Warning : In the case of Stone Prisoner(500megs) and Warden's Keep(300megs) it will take a while to redownload
  • 3.1.3.1 and 3.1.3.2 just to make sure.
  • Kick start the service so it can redetect your DLC and such, use 3.3.1 for that
  • Manually install the DLC that is giving problem, use 4.2 in with 4.1 as reference.

....0.1.7. All of the DLC are stuck at 0% in my Download Content tab in the game.

• 3.1.3.1 and 3.1.3.2 is a must in this trouveshooting process.

....0.1.8. All of the DLC are stuck at 100% in my Download Content tab in the game.

• 3.1.3.1 and 3.1.3.2 is a must to test in this situation
  • Very important also 3.1.1

....0.1.9. Some of your DLC are showing in the Available Content tab while you are entitled to it as seen on http://social.biowar...ntitlements.php

This is NOT for your if the DLC is ALSO NOT showing on [urlhttp://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php[/url]

Otherwise here is what PadForce had to say for people who redeemed a (or more) DLC, sees it in their entitlements page and when logged in with the same account in game, still sees the DLC as one they need to pay for.

PadForce wrote...

If you are having trouble with content you are entitled to still being listed as requiring purchase follow the link in the troubleshooting guide to technical support, select the chat option, wait to be connected and then they credit the item to your account.

I had this problem and am now downloading the relevant adventure.

....0.1.10. The service just won't start, Error 1053 or timeout

• Use 3.2.1 to locate the service, double-click it. Select the TAB Log On. Instead of "Local System Account" select "This account" and type in your windows Vista or 7 administrative account along with the password twice.
  • Reinstall the service with 3.2.4.
  • Install the .Net Framework updates from Windows Update or Microsoft Update. (Start menu, Windows Update or Microsoft Update)

....0.1.11. Can't start the service, Error 5 Access Denied

These 3 "solutions" were posted bu other user in the thread. Some other users confirmed that this fixed their issues while it didn't work for some.

Swanner85 wrote...
Update************************

If you are getting the "error code 5: invalid access" problem when trying to start the daupdater service. try this.
This is for vista

go to the run bar and type in services, right click and open as admin.

then find the dragon age service once more right click and hit properties

for logon click "this account" then click the browse option and type in your name click cheack name make sure its your login name then press ok.

under your login name enter your password and confirm it press ok and it should give you a pop up saying that you have log on rights or something like that.

then right click and start the proccess

worked for me!

Shick1981 wrote...

OK! I found a WEIRD workaround or my DLC problem. I was getting the "Error 5" problem, with Windows XP. Now, I have the game installed in my Steam folder on my N:\\\\ drive. So, I uninstalled the service, and copied the bin_ship folder to my C drive, where Windows is installed. I then reinstalled the service and started it. It worked PERFECTLY. Like i said, a werid work around, but it works, and I'm not complaining!

This means to use 3.2.4 with a twist. You uninstall the service and before reinstalling it, you copy you bin_ship folder to your Windows drive (usually c:). Instead of using the defaul paths for your game when reinstallating the service, you use c:\\\\bin_ship\\\\ .

Exemple :
installutil /u "C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe"
you copy/paste the bin_ship folder on the c: drive
installutil "C:\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe"

Ent O wrote...
I was having problems with error 5 and error 1069 to do with permissions and such,
I had to go to:
right click and service properties >
Log on tab >
Click the "This Account" button and also hit "Browse.." >
Click on "Advanced" >
Find Now >
Select Local services and click OK.

The service should now run and DLC working - hope this saves somebody more time than I spent messing :)

This is one of the most baffling issue because it points to an existing little problem already present on the computer. Might not be but this is most likely. Especially if you receive errors trying to install the service manually.

....0.1.12. Content Not Authorized when it worked before.

jprat28 mentioned that his game wasn't registered anymore on social.bioware.com. He entered his cd-key a second time and everything is working. People with this issue should make sure they registered their game in the first place.

Some people had successes when uninstall and reinstalling the faulty DLC.

http://daforums.biow...&forum=146&sp=0

Here's a 12 pages thread on the subject. I skimmed some pages here on the social.bioware.com but I can't find anything conclusive.

Things to try :

• Make sure you registered the game itself to your account. Click here and make sure your Dragon Age version is registered.
  • Make sure your service is started (3.2.2) or just stop it and restart it.
  • Properly logged in your account in game. Try to delog and relog first.
  • Check these forums for scheduled server maintenances that could prevent you from logging in game and thus breaking the DLC (at least momently).
  • Try to set the game as admin (3.1.3.1. and 3.1.3.2.). The DLC files themselves are not in the normal Dragon Age game folder.
  • Maybe it's an extension of the 3.1.1?
  • Last resort, reinstall the faulty DLC (Section 4.)

Also, just on a hunch, it could be nice if the people with these issues could post these informations :

• Windows version
  • Game version 1.0 or 1.01(the patch)
  • If you have the 1.01 patch, did it only start after that?
  • What version of the game to you have? Physical retail box, digital version with the seller (Steam, Impulse, D2D, etc...)?
  • Did you have to use this thread (or any fiddling because it didn't work by itself) to get the DLC in the first place?
  • What you already tried to fix your issue.

....0.1.13. Service is running, cleaned the updater data, everything seems yet major DLC NOT showing.

The three major DLC (Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar) need an Offer file before the game can do anything else for the DLC.

In the Warden's Keep exemple, not having this file means Levi won't show up in the camp (along with the dialogue options telling you to buy Premium Content).

So, if your service is running correctly, you cleared the service updater data (deleting the .xml files and what not), other DLC are working and can't get those three major DLC to show up under available tab...

Do the following :

Check in your My Documents\\\\Bioware\\\\Dragon Age\\\\Offers folder and make sure you have the following folders :

• DAO_PRC_OCP_2 - The Stone Prisoner Offer
  • DAO_PRC_ONRX_1 - Warden's Keep Offer
  • DAO_PRC_OCP_1 - Return to Ostagar Offer

You now need to download the Offer file and manually install them. Proceed with these steps :

• Now, refer to section 4.1 for the list of direct download links for the DLC. Get the Offer of the one giving you problem.
  • Remember the location where you saved the file. The file should be with the extension .dazip
  • Locate the daupdater.exe application in your bin_ship folder from your Dragon Age game folder. Ex. : C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship)
  • Double click daupdater.exe to start it.
  • Click on the Select DAZIPs[/] button and naviguate to the location of your previously downloaded the Offer file.
  • Select the dazip Offer file and click Open.
  • Your files should be listed in the daupdater window. Select it and click Install Selected.
  • Close daupdater and start the game to see if it solved your problem.

....0.1.14. None of the previous fixes to install the DLC worked and you're NOT using Windows with English and US regional settings.

toxic wrote...
The exact issue that fixes is in non us/eu region settings xml parser has a bug, so it wont let you install the entitled DLCs you have. When u try to install the dlcs (from the ingame dlc menu or outside method) it downloads the stuff to %100 but it will say "Install failed" after a second.

Even your suggestions posted here will NOT solve this problem. BUT when changing the regional settings in your control panel to US, it will correctly install the dlc. its a quick workaround for the RestOftheWorld.

ArathWoeeye wrote...
I tried EVERYTHING in your FAQ. All. Not skipped one that applied to me (even a few that didn't). Every single time, my DLC's ended up being "Install failed." and updater gave an error.
What saved me was:
-Control Panel
-Regional and Language Settings
-First tab, change language to English (USA)
-Go to updater, use dazips (I even used the dazips that the game downloaded, not the ones from the links you provided) to install.

1. Redeeming your DLC correctly on the social Bioware website.

You should already know the website : http://social.bioware.com

You have different options here, you can either use your existing Bioware account, your EA account or create a new one. I strongly suggest to use the Bioware first then the EA and if you never created any of those two before, only then using the create new account function.

The thing is that your DLC redeem codes will be linked to the account you select, so you'll have to use the same account informations while you're in Dragon Age Origin.

Once your account is created, check your personal menu to the left and go in Profile and select Redeem Promo Code. You enter one code and press the REDEEM CODE button. Repeat as many times as you have special DLC codes.

2. How to log in with your social Bioware account in which you redeemed your DLC content once in the game.

Start the Dragon Age Origins game and once on the main menu, locate the Log In button at the bottom left of your screen. Enter the account information. If successful you should receive a prompt with some kind of End User License Agreement popup.

..2.1 How to check what is linked to your account

Go to social.bioware.com. Log-in with your account.

Either go to http://social.biowar...ntitlements.php

or

From the menu : Profile, Redeem Promo Code and in that page, on top of the box to enter your cd-keys is this ; To view your Registered Game Promotions click here.

3. My DLC are redeemed and I'm still having problems.

You redeemed your DLC content without any problems but you can't seem to get them to work/download/install/etc... I tried to divide the different issues correctly in this section.

..3.1. Some noteworty stuff to look up before going in the more advanced troubleshooting.
....3.1.1. Some users reported problem when their My Documents folder is located on a different drive/partition or on a Network

Severals users reported that setting their My Documents folder to the default location (without telling Windows to copy the content to the new destination) and then started the game made the DLC to work correctly. Some even reverted to their original My Documents setting location and simply copy/pasted the folders and files that created themselves in the default location.

Splinter The Archer wrote...
Thanks for the advice on this thread. I have "my documents" on a network drive, so the DLC downloaded but then "failed to install". Temporarily moving location of "my docs" to local C: drive seemed to do the trick, the content installed, then I copied the content onto the network folder, and reset the "my docs" location. All seems well - content showing as "installed" now. Regards, sp.

....3.1.2. Uninstalling Dragon Age and reinstalling it borked the service needed to download the DLC

This seemed to happen to. If you did and everything is not working correctly (especially if it worked flawlessy before you uninstalled the game) please follow this little FAQ to spot your issue and attempt to resolve it.

....3.1.3. Not running the game or the Updater service as administrator could cause several problems with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Before trying more advanced troubleshooting options, make sure to run the game as an administrator.  This is performed by navigating in your Dragon Age Origins folder. right clicking the daorigins.exe file and selecting Run as Administrator. If it fixes your problem you'll need to enter this file properties and tell Windows to always start as administrator when this file is concerned.

....3.1.4.Make sure your firewall doesn't block the service

Too many firewalls to list, make sure it's not blocking the Dragon Age : Origins - Content Updater service. Just disable it for a few minutes to test.

......3.1.3.1. Configuring Dragon Age: Origins to always run as an administrator

Check out this link http://www.sevenforu...inistrator.html and refer to Option Three (Using Compatibilty Mode)

Do that little procedure for the Dragon Age Origins executable which is daorigins.exe in the folder you installed the game in.

With default Steam installation it should be something like c:\\\\Program Files(x86)\\\\Steam\\\\steamapps\\\\common\\\\Dragon age origins\\\\

Steam has weird shortcuts, not sure about other digital distributors.

You can usually the http://www.sevenforu...inistrator.html procedure directly on your shortcut to your Dragon Age game. If you can't you  have to do it with the daorigins.exe file.

......3.1.3.2. Configuring Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater service to always run as an administrator

Check out this link http://www.sevenforu...inistrator.html and refer to Option Three (Using Compatibilty Mode)

Do that little procedure for the Dragon Age Origins service which is DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe  in the folder you installed the game in.

Exemple : C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe

....3.1.4. Disable your Antivirus software for the duration of your attempt to download the DLC

....3.1.5.Run the CMD or Command as administration (Windows Vista & 7) if you encounter problems with some of this FAQ sections

Sometimes you might get permissions error or access errors when using the CMD or Command Line in some of the sections from this FAQ.

In these times, use this method to make sure you run the CMD as an administrator to have the rights to perform the installations/uninstallations/deletions/etc...

..3.2. When in-game, nothing shows up in the three DLC tabs (Available Content, Download, Installed).
....3.2.1. Making sure the Dragon Age Updater Service installed properly

1.) Press the windows key + R (or click Start and then RUN) and type in services.msc and press ENTER
2.) Locate the Dragon Age: Origins - Content Update in the list of services.
3.) If i t's not listed, go to 3.2.3 otherwise go to 3.2.2

....3.2.2. Manually start the Dragon Age Updater Service if present

1.) Press the windows key + R (or click Start and then RUN) and type in services.msc and press ENTER
2.) Locate the Dragon Age: Origins - Content Update in the list of services.
3.) Right click it and select START
4.) If nothing happens, run the game check the DLC content section again
5.) In case of an error or a timeout go to 3.2.4

....3.2.3. Installing the Dragon Age Updater Service if it's missing

1.)
Windows XP :  Press the windows key + R (or click Start and then RUN) and type cmd and press ENTER
Windows Vista & 7 : Run CMD as administrator as per section 3.1.5
2.)
Naviguate to c:\\\\Windows\\\\Microsoft.NET\\\\Framework\\\\v2.0.50727\\\\
Perform these commands to do so (your prompt should be in Windows\\\\System32 by default) :
cd..
cd Microsoft.NET
cd Framework
cd v2.0.50727
installutil "C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe"
net start DAUpdaterSvc

Make sure to use the path where your game is actually installed (something like c:\\\\Program Files\\\\Steam\\\\steamapps\\\\common\\\\Dragon Age\\\\ for Steam for exemple)

In case you don't have the exact same Framework version, etc... the Framework path won't work. I suggest you perform a normal file search in Windows for the file installutil.exe and note the full path and substitute your own folders to match.

You could also copy installutil.exe in your Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\ folder and simply dragging DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe on installutil.exe. As you can see it's way too hard to list all the possibilities here. It shouldn't be to hard to adapt this to your folders locations for most users.

....3.2.4. Uninstalling and reinstalling Dragon Age Updater Service if you receive errors at point 3.2.2 or everything else failed.

1.)
Windows XP :  Press the windows key + R (or click Start and then RUN) and type cmd and press ENTER

2.)
Naviguate to c:\\\\Windows\\\\Microsoft.NET\\\\Framework\\\\v2.0.50727\\\\
Perform these commands to do so (your prompt should be in Windows\\\\System32 by default) :
net stop DAUpdaterSvc
cd..
cd Microsoft.NET
cd Framework
cd v2.0.50727
installutil  /u "C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe"
installutil "C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Dragon Age\\\\bin_ship\\\\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe"
net start DAUpdaterSvc

Make sure to use the path where your game is actually installed (something like c:\\\\Program Files\\\\Steam\\\\steamapps\\\\common\\\\Dragon Age\\\\ for Steam for exemple)

In case you don't have the exact same Framework version, etc... the Framework path won't work. I suggest you perform a normal file search in Windows for the file installutil.exe and note the full path and substitute your own folders to match.

....3.2.5. If everything looks perfect and you still can't access any DLC, perform 3.3.1 to clean all the Updater data.

..3.3 When in-game, some DLC shows up in Downloaded and Installed with different status (Not installing, stuck at 100%, not authorized, etc...)
....3.3.1. Cleaning the Dragon Age Updater data to force the game to redetect and redownload/reinstall all your DLC

1.)
2.) In the command line type net stop DAUpdaterSvc
3.) Navigate normally with My Computer to 'My Documents\\\\BioWare\\\\DragonAge\\\\Settings' and delete 'Manifest.xml'

Some people reported that deleting or renaming (as to not lose the files just in case) all the .xml from that folder helped them when only Manifext.xml didn't do the trick.

You may Need 4.4 to show the All Users
4.) Navigate normally with My Computer to  to 'C:\\\\Documents and Settings\\\\All Users\\\\Application Data\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\' and delete the 'DAUpdater' folder
Under Win 7 it's c:\\\\Users\\\\All Users\\\\Bioware\\\\Dragon Age
5.) Optional (If 3.3.1 didn't work for you before for exemple) : do 4.3 for everything in the Addins folder. Be warned that Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner are close to 1000megs (1gig) in size.
6.) In the command line type net start DAUpdaterSvc
7.) Restart Dragon Age: origins and log in
8.) Your content will be available for redownload on the Download Progress tab

4. Addtionnal procedures and methods used for reference on specific issues.
..4.1 List of the DLC and their folder name as well as the link for a direct download.

NOTE : If your issue is similar to not seeing anything on the three content tabs in-ggame, your entitled stuff not even trying to show on the Download Content tab... all the 4.X wouldn't work because to the game, it looks like you have a DLC that you aren't authorized for the simple reason that the game in the first place (or now) can't compare the manual DLC installed to the same DLC linked to your account.

It's like if you e-mail website worked, you have an account with that website but for some reasons when you enter your username/password, it can't compare it to the list of members. Everything seems to work but just because you and the e-mail website (the game in this exemple) can't seem to communicate correctly, you'll get a access error message even tho you know you have an account.

DAO_PRC_OCP_2 - The Stone Prisoner Offer
DAO_PRC_CP_2 - The Stone Prisoner
DAO_PRC_ONRX_1 - Warden's Keep Offer
DAO_PRC_NRX_1 - Warden's Keep
DAO_PRC_OCP_1_1 - Return to Ostagar Offer
DAO_PRC_CP_1_1 - Return to Ostagar
DAO_PRC_DRK_1_0 - The Darkspawn Chronicles
DAO_PRC_PROMO_1 - Memory Band
DAO_PRC_PROMO_2 - Feral Wolf Charm
DAO_PRC_PROMO_3 - Guildmaster's Belt
DAO_PRC_PROMO_4 - Band of Fire
DAO_PRC_PROMO_5 - Dalish Promise Ring
DAO_PRC_PROMO_C2 - CE Bergen's Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason
DAO_PRC_PROMO_EDG - The Edge
DAO_PRC_PROMO_EMB - Embri's Many Pockets
DAO_PRC_PROMO_HOD - Helm of the Deep
DAO_PRC_PROMO_LKS - The Lucky Stone
DAO_PRC_PROMO_LNP - The Lion's Paw
DAO_PRC_PROMO_ME - Blood Dragon Armor
DAO_PRC_PROMO_ME_1.1 - Blood Dragon Armor Version 1.1 Fix the female elf bug
DAO_PRC_PROMO_VGL - Mark of Vigilance
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WAR - Amulet of the War Mage
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WKD - The Wicked Oath

..4.2 How to manually install a DLC (You still need to own it to get them to work)

NOTE : If your issue is similar to not seeing anything on the three content tabs in-ggame, your entitled stuff not even trying to show on the Download Content tab... all the 4.X wouldn't work because to the game, it looks like you have a DLC that you aren't authorized for the simple reason that the game in the first place (or now) can't compare the manual DLC installed to the same DLC linked to your account.

It's like if you e-mail website worked, you have an account with that website but for some reasons when you enter your username/password, it can't compare it to the list of members. Everything seems to work but just because you and the e-mail website (the game in this exemple) can't seem to communicate correctly, you'll get a access error message even tho you know you have an account.

I really don't like this method because people are reporting the DLC are still stuck in the Download tab but are working in game. Way to mix things up when trying to troubleshooting stuff later on!

Refer to 4.1 to download the DLC that is giving you problem. Remember where you put the file.

Just to be on the safe side delete a partially installed DLC, check (default values like usual)
Windows XP c:\\\\Documents and Settings\\\\YourUsername\\\\My Documents\\\\Bioware\\\\Dragon Age\\\\AddIns\\\\
Windows Vista / 7 C:\\\\Users\\\\YourUsername\\\\Documents\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\AddIns\\\\

Delete the folder (if present) that matches your DLC (refer to the list on 4.1)

Navigate to C:\\\\Users\\\\All Users\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\DAUpdater\\\\
You might need 4.4 to see All Users

Delete your DLC in both the folder Data and Info. Refer to 4.1 for the filename.

Locate daupdater.exe in your game folder. Exemble for Steam : c:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Steam\\\\steamapps\\\\common\\\\dragon age origins\\\\bin_ship\\\\
Run dauptader.exe
Click Load DAZIPs and browse to the location where you downloaded your DLC .dazip file.
Install it.
Run Dragon Age: Origins and check your DLC

If this fails, try 3.3.1 and after that start daupdater.exe to install the DLC as mentioned just above.

..4.3 How to delete a DLC (and / or a partially downloaded one)

First, where the DLC is installed (default values like usual)
Windows XP c:\\\\Documents and Settings\\\\YourUsername\\\\My Documents\\\\Bioware\\\\Dragon Age\\\\AddIns\\\\
Windows Vista / 7 C:\\\\Users\\\\YourUsername\\\\Documents\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\AddIns\\\\

Delete the folder matching your DLC, check 4.1 for the list.

Second, locate where the service puts the file when it downloads. You might need 4.4 for that so you can see All Users. (Default values again)
Windows XP C:\\\\Documents and Settings\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\DAUpdater\\\\
Windows Vista / 7 C:\\\\Users\\\\All Users\\\\BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\DAUpdater\\\\

Delete your DLC in both the folder Data and Info. Refer to 4.1 for the filename.

If this fails, perform 3.3.1 instead of the second step.

..4.4 How to Show hidden files so you can located the All Users folder

http://maketecheasie...dows/2009/09/05

Use
Display Hidden Files in Windows Vista or Windows 7[/b] or How To Display Hidden Folders in Windows XP

Some users reported that they couldn't spot All Users after doing this. In the same place where you check Show Hidden Files you have another option called "Hide Protected Operating Files" that you can uncheck. Make sure to check it back once everything works.

----- THE END ------

Edited by HemisH, 19 May 2010 - 03:57 AM.

jdhas10

jdhas10
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Well, that's interesting. I have no Dragon Age: Origins - Content Update service listed at all.

Running Windows 7 x64, for what it's worth....

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts
Try this : go to c:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\Steam\\\\steampps\\\\common\\\\dragon age origins\\\\bin_ship\\\\ and run daupdater.exe

Then start the game and log in.

Edited by HemisH, 04 November 2009 - 05:11 AM.

Vaelic1976

Vaelic1976
  • Members
  • 13 posts
worked for me right off the bat. /shrug

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Vaelic1976 wrote...

worked for me right off the bat. /shrug

Yeah me too (beside registering the game itself....). My 2 friends had the issue of  nothing showing up anywhere in the DLC areas from within the game. They both have the pre-order collector with some of the flash game bonus.

Arcadionn

Arcadionn
  • Members
  • 378 posts
I run the daupdater.exe but it asks me to select a file to open and does not do anything...

do you guys just open daupdater.exe and run the game ? or is there something happening in between?

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts
I wonder if running c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steampps\\common\\dragon age origins\\bin_ship\\ and running  daupdatersvc.service.exe would create the service and if it still doesn't work, try what I typed to manually start the service.

HerMyT

HerMyT
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Just to add to the fun, if you have redirected documents to a network location you'll need to temporarily revert it to default settings or it won't work either, not sure if redirected to another drive is an issue as mine's to a network drive but another thing for those having issues, I changed my redirection and I started getting downloads right away.

ken683

ken683
  • Members
  • 1 posts
CANT REDEM MY IN GAME IDEMES CODES I GOT WHIT MY XBOX 360 AT GAME STOP

NEED HELP PLEASE

THX

33Bomber33

33Bomber33
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Steps 1 to 7 all worked perfectly for me thank you for the post....

Darkbeer

Darkbeer
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Deleting 'Manifest.xml' worked for me!

Details:

Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate. At first, the Blood Armor add-on downloaded and installed. The Lucky Stone and Shale add-on sat at 0% downloaded all night. If I rebooted and re-started DA:O, the downloads screen would be blank. After letting the game sit for 20 – 30 mins, eventually the downloads would show back up, but still sit at 0%. Also, Warden Keep never showed up as available for download.

Checking HemisH’s post this morning: For me, the DAUpdaterSvc was already running. I stopped it, and restarted it without issue. But the downloads still sat at 0%. I exited the game, found and deleted 'Manifest.xml' and re-started the game. Both Lucky Stone and Shale downloaded and installed. Warden Keep showed up and was purchasable. It downloaded and installed.

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts
I'm glad this is helping some people. It worked for me when I tried one of my friend's account to check if the it had the bonus items linked to his account in the first place. It made the game redownload everything he had access to.

When you have nothing at all in Download and Installed and yet see NOTHING in Available Content, you can be sure your problem is coming from the service. Because with no stuff downloaded or installed, the game should think you have access to no DLC and offer you to buy them in the Available Content.

Edited by HemisH, 04 November 2009 - 01:53 PM.

Midnight Voyager

Midnight Voyager
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Strange, because only one step applies to me: I do not have a manifest.xml. Nothing I do brings one up.

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Midnight Voyager wrote...

Strange, because only one step applies to me: I do not have a manifest.xml. Nothing I do brings one up.

I think you are like one of my friend. He didn't have the manifest because it never tried to do anything but he had the service. We started the service manually and everything downloaded.

Follow my second set of instruction and try to locate the Dragon Age Updater service. If it's listed, right click it and select Start. Run the game again and check the DLC section.

wintermoot

wintermoot
  • Members
  • 2 posts
uninstalling the game causes this problem as the updater service is botched upon uninstall. subsequent re-installs of the game will not have DLC until this fix is preformed.

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

wintermoot wrote...

uninstalling the game causes this
problem as the updater service is botched upon uninstall. subsequent
re-installs of the game will not have DLC until this fix is
preformed.

How lovely! Like HerMyT said earlier, I'm wondering if this issues rears its ugly head when you just have your My Documents on a different hard drive (or partitions) than Dragon Age itself.

Edited by HemisH, 04 November 2009 - 03:16 PM.

Midnight Voyager

Midnight Voyager
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Ohh, that is a very good thought, Hemis, about the MyDocs folder location. Mine IS on another hard drive. I'll definitely try that when I get off work.

Sansin

Sansin
  • Members
  • 44 posts
OK, I followed the OP's directions (was having the exact problems)...

AND IT TOTALLY WORKED. Everything DL'd/installed FINE after doing this. Shame we have to come up with a workaround ourselves eh?

NICE POST!

ShPhoenix

ShPhoenix
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Those without the service installed can do the following to install it:

1. Open up an Administrative Command Prompt

- Click Start -> type "cmd" -> Right Click on "cmd.exe" and choose "Run As Administrator"

2. Navigate to your Windows directory (usually C:\\Windows), and then from there go to the Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727 directory.

- ie, C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727

3. Enter the following command:

installutil.exe "Path to daupdatersvc.service.exe"

4. Assuming no problems with the installation you can start the service and everything should hopefully be good.

torgoservo

torgoservo
  • Members
  • 61 posts
For what it's worth I was having the same problem from starting the game yesterday (put in the codes before-hand) until logging off that night. When I started it up this morning though it had all the DLC waiting to come in. I have to imagine the rush of people and the new method for rolling things out is causing more than a few problems, but it seems like they're getting to it fairly quickly by all accounts. Thanks to any and all who are working on it though whether Bioware officials or forum advocates like HemisH & xoeia (you're the main 2 that I've seen thus far trying to puzzle it out)!

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

torgoservo wrote...

For what it's worth I was having the same problem from starting the game yesterday (put in the codes before-hand) until logging off that night. When I started it up this morning though it had all the DLC waiting to come in. I have to imagine the rush of people and the new method for rolling things out is causing more than a few problems, but it seems like they're getting to it fairly quickly by all accounts. Thanks to any and all who are working on it though whether Bioware officials or forum advocates like HemisH & xoeia (you're the main 2 that I've seen thus far trying to puzzle it out)!

Did you shut the computer off last night? Maybe it finally installed the service for you this morning.

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

ShPhoenix wrote...

Those without the service installed can do the following to install it:

1. Open up an Administrative Command Prompt
- Click Start -> type "cmd" -> Right Click on "cmd.exe" and choose "Run As Administrator"

2. Navigate to your Windows directory (usually C:\\\\Windows), and then from there go to the Microsoft.NET\\\\Framework\\\\v2.0.50727 directory.
- ie, C:\\\\Windows\\\\Microsoft.NET\\\\Framework\\\\v2.0.50727

3. Enter the following command:
installutil.exe "Path to daupdatersvc.service.exe"

4. Assuming no problems with the installation you can start the service and everything should hopefully be good.

THank you I was working on a way to describe that. The problem is I've seen this solution but some people who didn't get the game from Steam or Infurious (can't remember the name of that other digital service) don't have the right folders or Windows 7 prevent them from goin there. My internet just got disconnected for a while in the middle of a research. I'm trying to find a more universal way of doing it!

Scavar

Scavar
  • Members
  • 13 posts
ShPhoenix, I think that you're saying is how I'd be able to fix my issue, since the service won't start even when I go into services and tell it. The problem is, I'm not sure how I need to do this. I can't seem to cmd to recognize the installutil.exe.

HemisH

HemisH
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Scavar wrote...

ShPhoenix, I think that you're saying is how I'd be able to fix my issue, since the service won't start even when I go into services and tell it. The problem is, I'm not sure how I need to do this. I can't seem to cmd to recognize the installutil.exe.

You don't have to do Phoenix steps if you already see the service listed tho. What error does it give you when you try to manually start the service?

Triplanetary

Triplanetary
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Excellent, I finally got the DAO updater service started, and my DLC is finally working. Thanks guys!