Photo

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy Update

1360 replies to this topic

David Hulegaard

David Hulegaard
  • BioWare Employees
  • 55 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
 With Mass Effect Trilogy releasing soon on X360 and PC, External Producer Ryan Warden has written a blog with an update on the PS3 version.

Read it here: bit.ly/ToKZRc

ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
  • Members
  • 2,783 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
PS3 version releases on December 4th (7th in Europe) for those that just want to know the date. ;)

I still recommend reading it though. It's a good read.

Edited by DoomHK, 01 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

hotdogbsg

hotdogbsg
  • Members
  • 651 posts

DoomHK wrote...

PS3 version releases on December 4th (7th in Europe) for those that just want to know the date. ;)

WOOO!!!

pmac_tk421

pmac_tk421
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
Alright. So PS3 gets bring down the sky. Good. I played it back when I played ME1 on PC(around launch) and it was ggod, and I've heard little praise for pinnacle station, so I'm not to upset that we don't have it.

LadySuspense

LadySuspense
  • Members
  • 168 posts
This is awesome! Now to buy the dlc for my ps3 and wait...^.^ Giving this series another chance to wow me. I know that several people didn't like the endings and I myself am still on the fence (though refuse still seems optimal to how I percieve Shepard react to the end events,) So here we go again. Some to ME1 for the first time! Me1 is still probably my favorite of the three and I will gladly enjoy playing it again, along with the other two on PS3 thank you to all of the developers who worked so hard on this! Thank you for getting the information to us as well. Now to sit and wait!

DragonRacer

DragonRacer
  • Members
  • 6,979 posts
Oh, I am soooo glad this got posted. I thought we were getting it next Tuesday, too, so now I know I need to move that vacation day I'd scheduled off work! LOL

And hurray for getting Bring Down the Sky! I never could get that to install properly on Windows 7, so I'll finally get to play it.

Lawrence0294

Lawrence0294
  • Members
  • 2,292 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
YES. YES.

This is fantastic news. I cannot wait to play ME1 on PS3 and have the whole trilogy on it.

Thank you for all your hard work :wizard:

shepskisaac

shepskisaac
  • Members
  • 15,672 posts
But what about Pinnacle Station??? xD

ElectronicPostingInterface

ElectronicPostingInterface
  • Members
  • 3,783 posts
Wait, what? Pinnacle Station isn't free on PC...

AWT42

AWT42
  • Members
  • 335 posts
Yay!
Glad it's being released this year, just in time for Christmas. :)
*adds to Christmas list*

Battlepope190

Battlepope190
  • Members
  • 2,279 posts
Bring Down the Sky comes with the PS3 version of ME1, which is all I wanted, so I'm extremely happy.

December 4 is only 2 days after my Bday...I wonder if I can work something out there...

EDIT: BTW, when it was revealed that this Trilogy would only feature Male Shepard on the art, it was said that you had something else in store for us Femshep fans. Any update on that?

"we've got a little something special planned for FemShep coming, so keep that chin up!" - ME3 Twitter

Edited by Battlepope190, 01 November 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Loaderini

Loaderini
  • Members
  • 255 posts
Pinnacle Station is not free. Is it?

Karim_A

Karim_A
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
MY BODY IS READY! Glad that Bring Down the sky is available for both the disc and PSN versions. I already own all the DLC for both ME2 and ME3, so I can hold out on getting the collection later. (for collector's purposes :D)

Mass Effect Christmas marathon! :wizard:

Thanks for the hardwork guys! The trilogy (essentially ME1 for PS3) was announced on my birthday, its all for me! :wub:

Heggy

Heggy
  • Members
  • 1,201 posts
I wonder how ME1 will differ on PS3, if at all. Also, Pinnacle Station is not free.

Carol L S

Carol L S
  • Members
  • 226 posts

AWT42 wrote...

Yay!
Glad it's being released this year, just in time for Christmas. :)
*adds to Christmas list*

ME too!  Putting it on my list right now!  Oooo, winter months of cozying up with Mass Effect! Posted Image

ioannisdenton

ioannisdenton
  • Members
  • 1,883 posts
BIOWARE Y U NO TAKE MY HOT CASH ALREADY?

loungeshep

loungeshep
  • Members
  • 1,818 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Oh good. Can't wait.

Thanatos144

Thanatos144
  • Members
  • 924 posts
This is what I am talking about! I will have to make room on my ps3 for this but who that's shouldn't be hard. I will have to most likely wait till after Christmas LOL but trust me I am so getting ME1 ....not getting the trilogy cause I already have 2 and 3 and cant justify the cost. ...... My wife already thinks I am nuts anyway for having the same games on PC as well as ps3.

NinjaDragonSword

NinjaDragonSword
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Maybe Bethesda should hire these guys with their DLCs trouble.

TrveOmegaSlayer

TrveOmegaSlayer
  • Members
  • 1,090 posts
I want to pay for Pinnacl on PS3
I want it all!!!

Battlepope190

Battlepope190
  • Members
  • 2,279 posts

TrveOmegaSlayer wrote...

I want to pay for Pinnacl on PS3
I want it all!!!

If you've played it on PC, you'll know we really aren't missing out. BDTS is the only one that matters for ME1.

Edited by Battlepope190, 01 November 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Satnamji

Satnamji
  • Members
  • 34 posts
This is awesome news! I'd been holding off on major gaming purchases until I knew about ME1's release, because I planned to play all three games in order as soon as it hit the PSN. Disappointed it won't include Pinnacle Station, but it wouldn't be EA/Bioware if they didn't try to squeeze a few extra pennies out of us fans--but then again, we have yet to see an annoucement that Pinnacle Station will even be made available as DLC for the PS3.

Edited by Satnamji, 01 November 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Porter98

Porter98
  • Members
  • 42 posts
I am so happy about this. Hope all goes well and they can keep to the release date. Looking forward to this,

shepskisaac

shepskisaac
  • Members
  • 15,672 posts
2 updates from Ryan on Twitter regarding Pinnacle Station and patch for ME2 to allow save import:

twitter.com/LesPaulDuJour/status/264097809735749632
Re: Pinnacle Station on PS3, the source is corrupt and we can't build it. Unfortunately, it won't be coming to the PS3 along with ME1.

twitter.com/LesPaulDuJour/status/264096052418846720
@LesPaulDuJour I'm assuming the patch for existing copies of ME2 to allow import will come to PSN on Dec 4 too? :)
around then sometime -- potentially a little before, but it's hard to say for sure right now

Porter98 wrote...

I am so happy about this. Hope all goes well and they can keep to the release date. Looking forward to this,

The game already went gold. Unless all Blu-Ray factories in the world get shut down, nothing can change the release date from December 4 now ;)

Edited by IsaacShep, 01 November 2012 - 08:41 PM.

TMB903

TMB903
  • Members
  • 2,927 posts
ME1 finally. Thanks