Photo

Next DLC has all the DLC writers.

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts
This news is interesting, at least to me. 
[Link]
As you can see here, all of the writers are on board. Wonder what the next DLC has in store for us. Some think this might be the last DLC even. Your thoughts?

Eterna

Eterna
  • Members
  • 7,006 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
My body isn't ready.

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts
 Mine isn't either. :P

MegaSovereign

MegaSovereign
  • Members
  • 10,794 posts
Must be IT DLC.

Sorry, I had to.

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts

MegaSovereign wrote...

Must be IT DLC.

Sorry, I had to.

Does this prove IT?
I hope it doesn't. 

Edited by Zenor, 23 November 2012 - 11:50 PM.

xsdob

xsdob
  • Members
  • 8,575 posts
Either it means the squadmates will have dialouge or there will be a massive amount of plot in it.

All of which points to it being a good thing, since voiced squadmates means confirmed squadmates for the dlc and not silent or absent squadmates, and a more story dlc is always a plus.

This is pretty good news.

mass perfection

mass perfection
  • Members
  • 2,196 posts
Citadel DLC?

Grub Killer8016

Grub Killer8016
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts
Omega seems like it is going the be the only DLC for SP worth getting.

xsdob

xsdob
  • Members
  • 8,575 posts
How so?

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts

Grub Killer8016 wrote...

This isn't for the Omega DLC. This is the DLC AFTER Omega.

Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot
  • Members
  • 2,215 posts
Interesting. If it means moar squad dialogue, I'm all for it. It made Leviathan miles better.

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts

Shadrach 88 wrote...

Interesting. If it means moar squad dialogue, I'm all for it. It made Leviathan miles better.

Squad dialogue makes everything better. :happy:

Grub Killer8016

Grub Killer8016
  • Members
  • 1,459 posts

Zenor wrote...

Grub Killer8016 wrote...

This isn't for the Omega DLC. This is the DLC AFTER Omega.

Oh:pinched:, then I have no clue

SpamBot2000

SpamBot2000
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts
I'd like to be excited about this. I hope they know what needs to be done.

dgcatanisiri

dgcatanisiri
  • Members
  • 1,152 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Here's hoping for that romance/character focused pack about 96% of the fandom's calling for.

jstme

jstme
  • Members
  • 1,922 posts
Hmm. Sounds good. I assume it will be that Citadel DLC.
Lets just wait and see what comes out of this. And since i actually agree with Xsdob on something for the first time i hope it does not mean that world will come to an end prior to its release.
Maya, damn you , you better be wrong!

Mcfly616

Mcfly616
  • Members
  • 7,011 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

SpamBot2000 wrote...

I'd like to be excited about this. I hope they know what needs to be done.

Yeah.....like a few extra missions on Priority:Earth before the beam run.....using the Suicide Mission mechanic, making us assign specific squadmates and War Assets to complete certain tasks. And maybe a vehicle section for good measure.

That'll send the game out with a bang....

It's certainly a good sign that all the writers have a part

Eterna

Eterna
  • Members
  • 7,006 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Didn't one of the writers say they were going to Vancouver to look at landmarks and implied he was doing so for a reason?

Earth dlc.....maybe..... just maybe.

iSpider-Man

iSpider-Man
  • Members
  • 676 posts
The epic conclusion will finally come for this game?!

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts

Eterna5 wrote...

Didn't one of the writers say they were going to Vancouver to look at landmarks and implied he was doing so for a reason?

While I'm not 100% for a new ending DLC (though can accept it) or IT (do not want), I am however 100% for an expanded final mission. Though I doubt it's that...but might be cool if it is at least *part* of it.

Mcfly616

Mcfly616
  • Members
  • 7,011 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

Zenor wrote...

Eterna5 wrote...

While I'm not 100% for a new ending DLC (though can accept it) or IT (do not want), I am however 100% for an expanded final mission. Though I doubt it's that...but might be cool if it is at least *part* of it.

yeah. I agree with everything you said.

Aryn Shepard

Aryn Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,752 posts
I would support an expansion of Priority: Earth. Not because I think it is a bad mission(I liked it just fine), but because I would like to see all enemy factions play a role(even the Collectors) in fighting against Shepard.

Think about it. The Reapers amassed their strongest defense around Earth to protect the thing that could kill them if it fell into enemy hands.

The Geth have platforms which are loaded with nothing but Reaper code(I would presume it's their equivalent to husks)
Cerberus remnants are probably severely indoctrinated by now(TIM certainly is) and would be under Reaper control.
The Collectors are basically the Prothean husk-equivalent anyway. Just repeatedly cloned from stored DNA.(Anybody who says bringing the Collectors back breaks lore just need to remember that one fact. Reapers are DNA storehouses, Collectors are all clones.2+2=They're baaaack.)

Reofeir

Reofeir
  • Members
  • 2,507 posts
Hm, since Citadel DLC was rumored. Wonder if this is it. Maybe we might see some romances since we got all the writers.

Joy Sauce

Joy Sauce
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Zenor wrote...

Hm, since Citadel DLC was rumored. Wonder if this is it. Maybe we might see some romances since we got all the writers.

Better keep your fingers crossed Miranda/Jack/Thane/Jacobmancers. Personally I don't think it's going to happen, but I would definitely approve if it did.

Lawrence0294

Lawrence0294
  • Members
  • 2,292 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
So there is a totale of 8 writers for this DLC, including Mr. Walters........hope for the ME2 squadmates?
Just maybe.....