Photo

Dragon Age Lead Writer David Gaider blogs about the environment on the BSN.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
475 replies to this topic

David7204

David7204
  • Members
  • 15,187 posts
Has anyone seen this? Posted four days ago.

http://dgaider.tumbl...ic-environments

It's kind of depressing, honestly. It's obvious the ME 3 story section is far worse than the DA III section.

Yate

Yate
  • Members
  • 2,320 posts
he's got it right

some of the people here are really sickening

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts
When I see people calling for people to actualy lose their jobs and livelyhood because some video game didn't turn out the way they envisioned it in their heads I don't blame devs for just ignoring the BSN altogether.

Fifmut

Fifmut
  • Members
  • 150 posts
I'm sure there would be a lot less negativity if they hadn't lied in our faces pre-release :whistle:

Guest_Finn the Jakey_*

Guest_Finn the Jakey_*
  • Guests

Yate wrote...

he's got it right

Wow, if someone not liking a video game is 'sickening' to you, you must have a pretty low opinion of humanity.

Grubas

Grubas
  • Members
  • 2,315 posts

KotorEffect3 wrote...

When I see people calling for people to actualy lose their jobs and livelyhood because some video game didn't turn out the way they envisioned it in their heads I don't blame devs for just ignoring the BSN altogether.

Prerelease statements? bioware quality control? Have you been living behind the moon?

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts

Fifmut wrote...

I'm sure there would be a lot less negativity if they hadn't lied in our faces pre-release :whistle:

Quit trying to justify the inexcusable crappy behavior of the bsn.  Devs are human beings and don't deserve to be insulted and threatened.

Krimzie

Krimzie
  • Members
  • 443 posts

KotorEffect3 wrote...

+1.

Additionally, most of BSN's negativity comes down to the culture of the board: overuse of negative memes and phrases instead of actual conversation, using an ME3 ending choice as a basis of judgment on a poster, good conversations being shut down because of troll baiting -- overall, I'm not sure that BSN's toxicity level even has anything to do with BioWare at all.

I wouldn't be against a full restart of the boards, or at least the ME3 ones, with really harsh posting rules (at least at first). Or a post rating system, so the quiet polite ones can self-police.

wafflez

wafflez
  • Members
  • 689 posts
Yay! Acknowledgement! Recognition! Not the good kind mind you, but still.

Ticonderoga117

Ticonderoga117
  • Members
  • 6,751 posts
"Hey, let's lie about what we are going to deliver and then totally not expect poo to fly!"

Yeah, seems legit.

Fifmut

Fifmut
  • Members
  • 150 posts

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Fifmut wrote...

Quit trying to justify the inexcusable crappy behavior of the bsn.  Devs are human beings and don't deserve to be insulted and threatened.

I'm a human being too, and I got insulted. Did I deserve to be insulted and lied to?

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts

Finn the Jakey wrote...

Yate wrote...

he's got it right

Wow, if someone not liking a video game is 'sickening' to you, you must have a pretty low opinion of humanity.

Actualy there are alot of reasons to have a low opinion of humanity.  And what is sickening is not whether or not  you like something but how you treat people just because something didn't turn out the way you wanted.  Just because I don't like my lunch doesn't mean I go up to the person that made it and spit in their face.

moater boat

moater boat
  • Members
  • 1,213 posts
I'm actually glad this is becoming a toxic environment. Bioware deserves it. I want the developers to get a queasy feeling in their stomach every time they think about visiting these forums. I am no longer hoping for change. Now the best I can hope for is to spread some misery to those that deserve it.:devil:

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts

Fifmut wrote...

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Fifmut wrote...

I'm a human being too, and I got insulted. Did I deserve to be insulted and lied to?

Not once have I seen a bioware dev insult anybody.

Malanek

Malanek
  • Members
  • 6,925 posts
It's probably fair enough. Welcome to the internet. Large community where everyone has anonymity. Unfortunate but it is hardly that different (in fact in many ways I think this place is better) to other places.

vandalDX

vandalDX
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Neither do I.  Which is too bad, because despite the backlash, BioWare certainly seems to still care a great deal about its fans and players, and they repeatedly say that the decisions they make are a result of feedback from the forums.  As far as I know, BioWare is the ONLY company supporting its game (of the Year Posted Image) with continuous, free DLC to keep its experience fresh and engaging.  Treyarch isn't doing that.

I'm 100% behind BioWare.  I thank them for their hard work.

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts

moater boat wrote...

I'm actually glad this is becoming a toxic environment. Bioware deserves it. I want the developers to get a queasy feeling in their stomach every time they think about visiting these forums. I am no longer hoping for change. Now the best I can hope for is to spread some misery to those that deserve it.:devil:

Which shows what a disgrace you are and why you represent the worst of humanity.  What a selfish little brat

Ithurael

Ithurael
  • Members
  • 2,785 posts
He obviously never saw the Dino DLC thread..

jeez

Leonardo the Magnificent

Leonardo the Magnificent
  • Members
  • 1,920 posts
I've actually seen someone say that they were trying to balance out the positive opinions one time, so the boards wouldn't just be filled with mindless and inane praise, or somesuch nonsense. I think it was Femlob, but I could be mistaken. Either way, Stan's response to the comment was funny.

moater boat

moater boat
  • Members
  • 1,213 posts

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Bull****. No one is immune to the repurcussions of their actions.

Ledgend1221

Ledgend1221
  • Members
  • 6,306 posts
I think a big problem is the lack of communication on the SP side of the fourms.
It does feel like BW is sticking their heads in the sand, and it's up to them to do something about it.

Ticonderoga117

Ticonderoga117
  • Members
  • 6,751 posts

valhallaVANDAL wrote...

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Neither do I.  Which is too bad, because despite the backlash, BioWare certainly seems to still care a great deal about its fans and players, and they repeatedly say that the decisions they make are a result of feedback from the forums.  As far as I know, BioWare is the ONLY company supporting its game (of the Year Posted Image) with continuous, free DLC to keep its experience fresh and engaging.  Treyarch isn't doing that.

I'm 100% behind BioWare.  I thank them for their hard work.

Say hello to 343 Industries. Say hello to free STORY DLC.

Fur28

Fur28
  • Members
  • 729 posts
Well, i atleast hope they know where to look for some good criticism and feedback

Epique Phael767

Epique Phael767
  • Members
  • 2,468 posts

Ticonderoga117 wrote...

"Hey, let's lie about what we are going to deliver and then totally not expect poo to fly!"

Yeah, seems legit.

"Hey, let's grossly widen our target audience and give an ending that the new wider audience probably won't understand!"

"Hey, let's let a talentless game journalist from IGN voice a character, because that totally doesn't show corruption in any way!"

KotorEffect3

KotorEffect3
  • Members
  • 8,163 posts

moater boat wrote...

KotorEffect3 wrote...

Bull****. No one is immune to the repurcussions of their actions.

Okay internet badass since you have no morals and you don't care about how you treat other people I guess it means people can spit in your face.  You certainly deserve it.  Or are you a hypocrite?