Photo

Will there be a reference or memorial of some sort for Robin Sachs in the new DLC?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ChuckTesla

ChuckTesla
  • Members
  • 282 posts
 I saw a thread touch on this, but it didn't really ask if this would acually happen. I'm just curious if there is a reference to Zaeed's VA Robin Sachs in the Citadel DLC or if it was too far in development to really be able to do anything.

tux2197

tux2197
  • Members
  • 19 posts
maybe it was to far but they we have operation tribute so i guess it the best they can do but am happy with the operation in memory of him plus you get a tribute banner i bet

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
I believe there is an acknowledgement in the credits. Unfortunately, the story content was locked when we learned of his passing and changes couldn't be made.

This weekend's multiplay challenge is meant to be a tribute to him. :)

:devil:

ChuckTesla

ChuckTesla
  • Members
  • 282 posts
Thank you! That is great to know!

drinkurmilk

drinkurmilk
  • Members
  • 231 posts
Having him appear on the memorial wall would be a start

Norwood06

Norwood06
  • Members
  • 329 posts
I failed to connect those dots. Guess I'm spending this weekend with Jessie, then. Nice tribute.

Zakuspec089

Zakuspec089
  • Members
  • 924 posts
I wasn't a fan of the character much but he was a badass though like Aria.

Shad Croly

Shad Croly
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

Unfortunately, the story content was locked when we learned of his passing and changes couldn't be made.

So... if the DLC will let us do more revisiting with past squad members, does that mean Zaeed's lines were done before he passed away?

ILuvMe3

ILuvMe3
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Mike Gamble tweeted that this DLC has Robin Sachs as Zaeed featured.

Warlock Adam

Warlock Adam
  • Members
  • 413 posts

Shad Croly wrote...

Chris Priestly wrote...

Unfortunately, the story content was locked when we learned of his passing and changes couldn't be made.

So... if the DLC will let us do more revisiting with past squad members, does that mean Zaeed's lines were done before he passed away?

As opposed to what, doing them AFTER he passed away?

chasemme

chasemme
  • Members
  • 330 posts
I don't generally play MP, but I think I'll give this challenge a go. :)

Gibb_Shepard

Gibb_Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,683 posts

Warlock Adam wrote...

Shad Croly wrote...

Chris Priestly wrote...

As opposed to not having them at all due to his passing.

Guest_Gangnam Style_*

Guest_Gangnam Style_*
  • Guests

Warlock Adam wrote...

Spirit mediums are an important part of show business

Robbiesan

Robbiesan
  • Members
  • 1,094 posts
Thanks for the weekend tribute challenge BW. Nice thing to do.

Cyberstrike nTo

Cyberstrike nTo
  • Members
  • 1,074 posts

Shad Croly wrote...

Chris Priestly wrote...

Most likely.

WardyLion

WardyLion
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

chrisutd wrote...

Hear-hear!  

It was bad enough that Zaeed's name doesn't appear on the wall if he dies.  Having Robin Sachs' name on the wall would be a small but fitting tribute to him.

Come on BioWare - you owe this to Robin, to us and yourselves.  

Ice Cold J

Ice Cold J
  • Members
  • 2,320 posts
Dunno if this matters, but Robin WAS able to voice Zaeed in the upcoming DLC, so there is that much at least.

Doctor_Jackstraw

Doctor_Jackstraw
  • Members
  • 2,211 posts
Curious if the memorial wall glitch that prevents zaeed's name from showing up is fixed in this dlc.

GamerrangerX

GamerrangerX
  • Members
  • 300 posts
in my ME3 Zaeed is alive fighting and Kicking

Alien Number Six

Alien Number Six
  • Members
  • 1,900 posts
I think it's great we get Robin Sachs' final voice over performance in the new DLC.

ChrisDV

ChrisDV
  • Members
  • 552 posts

WardyLion wrote...

chrisutd wrote...

Hear-hear!  

It was bad enough that Zaeed's name doesn't appear on the wall if he dies.  Having Robin Sachs' name on the wall would be a small but fitting tribute to him.

I'm sorry, but that would be really tacky & would trivialise his passing but putting his name alongside a group of fictional characters who died in the narrative.

Putting a dedication at the end of credits is more likely, and a lot more respectful.

WardyLion

WardyLion
  • Members
  • 121 posts

ChrisDV wrote...

I'm sorry, but that would be really tacky & would trivialise his passing but putting his name alongside a group of fictional characters who died in the narrative.

Putting a dedication at the end of credits is more likely, and a lot more respectful.

Well that's a fair point - at least fix it so that Zaeed's name appears on the wall, should he die in game.  

Urdnot_Bucdawg

Urdnot_Bucdawg
  • Members
  • 182 posts
Easy fix ; VO an ANN news break regarding either Zaaed or " Admiral Sachs " , something on that order .

drinkurmilk

drinkurmilk
  • Members
  • 231 posts

WardyLion wrote...

chrisutd wrote...

Hear-hear!  

Just to clarify, I was referring to the Zaeed name glitch.