HR Textures & Meshmods by Ottemis

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

Ottemis

Ottemis
  • Members
  • 3,350 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

I have created this thread to have an easy way of showcasing all my Mass Effect texture and mesh modding projects.
Since the relaunch of the BSN I haven't finished cleaning up my OP yet, bare with me as the Image max per post was reduced so most of my links are currently broken hah.

Important Notices!
Jun 22 2014: Slowly started adding Mirrors to file-downloads. Please use the Nexus where possible and endorse if you like my work! Mediafire mirrors added for downtime or similar issues.
Jun 08 2014: Do not use ME3Explorer REVs below 623 (Mar 18th '14).
Dec 25 2013: I've been working on moving all my mods to the Nexus as well as hosting them here.

General Installation Instructions

Any mod released in .TPF format can be temporarily applied via Texmod or be permanently applied via ME3Explorer's TPF/DDS Tools as long as they are format-fixed. Some of my mods are not yet inherently compatible, you can recognize them by where they are hosted as everything I moved to the Nexus is also format fixed and will work with the toolset out of the box.
Any mod released in .MOD format can only be applied via ME3Explorer's ModMaker.
If you are new to using ME3Explorer, check out the following guide. It includes notes on how to use ModMaker for the application of your .MOD file.
I have also written a compact guide on how to use TPF/DDS Tools, find it here. If you are new to using Texmod, check out the following guide.

ARMOR

ALL of the ME3 Armor sets have been completed. When using ME3Explorer be sure to BACK UP YOUR GAME FILES before attempting to run TPF files through the TPFTools for permanently replacement.

armor_collage4wkmv.jpg
N7 --- Nexus
Rosenkov --- Nexus
Kassa Fabrication --- Nexus
Serrice Council --- Nexus
Armax Arsenal --- Nexus
Ariake Technologies --- Nexus
Hahne Kedar --- Nexus
I've created a project that holds all seven sets --- Nexus --- Mirror

Armax Arsenal Arena Nightmare, Spirit, Shade Armor

Notes on coalesced edits for helmetless version can be found here.

armax_collagec8psv.jpg
Cerberus colour scheme, Male and Female --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
N7 colour scheme, Female (Red & Silver Gauntlet) and Male --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Alliance colour scheme, Male and Female (Liara theme) --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Alliance colour scheme, Female (Ashley theme) --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Spectre colour scheme, Male (Leng brown) --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

Headgear
Kuwashii Visor --- Currently unavailable

Mesh ports
Shepard Blue From Ashes Armor (Male). This mesh/texture mod replaces male sheps Dragon Armor with Vega's Bue From Ashes Armor. This armor is fully retextured. I've attached the N7 helmet to go with the armor, though because the original slot hides the head under the helmet using the armor requires an additional coalesced edit. I've provided basic instructions on the Nexus. --- ME3Explorer .MOD

SQUADMATE ARMOR

This is a project I work on from time to time. Some of the Squadmate armors will be re-released soon in tpf and possibly .MOD format. Be sure to take ME3 Explorer's advice and BACK UP YOUR GAME FILES before replacing textures or meshes permanently.

garrus_collage12ojw.jpg
Garrus' Original Armor (Including helmet/visor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Garrus' AA Armor (blue with yellow trims) --- Nexus --- Mirror
Both featuring a HR facial texture based on Church's conversion of JeanLuc's ME2 Face.

17-1-1386209789plssw.jpg
Kaidan's AAP Armor (Black Bulk with alternate Blue version) --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

masseffect32013-03-108tr56.jpgmasseffect32013-02-28slebl.jpg
Vega's AAP Armor (Blue Bulk with alternate Black version) --- Nexus --- Mirror

edi_collage24sh1.jpg
EDI's default armor - Mesh and Texture mod --- Nexus --- Mirror
EDI's alternate black catsuit - Mesh and Texture mod --- Nexus --- Mirror

EDI's From Ashes catsuit - Mesh and Texture mod --- Nexus
EDI's AAP armor (brown armored alternate no-boob-window) --- Nexus --- Mirror

liara_collaget0qh9.jpg
Liara Default armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Liara CE Armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Liara From Ashes armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Liara Silver Combat Armor --- Nexus --- Mirror

ashley_collagewhrig.jpg
Ashley's Default armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Ashley's CE armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Ashley's From Ashes armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
Ashley Blue Combat Armor --- Nexus --- Mirror
And if you're wondering why Ash looks so fabulous, check out the Ashley Legacy project by ELE08.

SHEPS CASUAL OUTFITS

Note that the Aliiance Blues and first Casual outfit are housed under the NPC outfit section.

fourth_collageusu7y.jpg
Fourth Casual outfit in black, blue, red and green (incs bloody versions) --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPFs

Femshep Dress in twelve versions. --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

hoody_collager6qvh.jpg
Hoodie N7 edition. --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Hoodie Grey Alliance edition. --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Hoodie White Systems Alliance edition. --- TEXMOD /ME3Explorer TPF

GLOBAL NPC OUTFITS

In development. This project is meant to replace and improve all jarringly bad NPC outfits in the game.

npc1_collagedmj6r.jpg
- Alliance Dress Blues. NPCs, Shepard, Sanders, Anderson, Hackett. --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
- Science outfits (human/salarian/turian). NPCs, Chakwas, Shepard. --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
- Combat Fatigues. Gellix, Grissom Academy, Citadel, The Normandy crew and the first casual for Shepard --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

- All but two of the female humanoid dresses.
- 1/2 Turian casual outfits.
Current release version --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

DLC NPC PACK

In development.

List of changes:
- Female Shepard formal dresswear & corresponding 'units' changed to my version of the dress in original colours. !NB! Works WITHOUT coalesced changes! !NB!
- "Thrash" NPC texture and outfit improvements. These NPCs are on one texture-sheet, I've improved a couple of them and am working on the rest in conjunction with the global NPC pack.
- Combat Fatigues on Normandy crew during certain parts of the DLC content changed to HR version from Global NPC pack. For some reason they switch from using texture in basefiles to one in the dlc files, so it needed a fix.

Current release version --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

CITADEL ENVIRONMENTAL PACK

In development. I wanted to be an interior decorator, it itched, I scratched. This is totally my preference, not necessarily true to stock. Clicky the images for an impression. I'm gradually adding Citadel DLC texture replacements to this as well.
Current release includes 102 textures, total number in development is currently 102.

enviro01_collagew2p7j.jpg
Current release version --- Nexus --- Mirror

SHEP CUSTOM HAIR

Beep Boop. Combined mesh .mods and texture .tpfs. Run the textures through Texmod for the moment.

FemBraided01.jpg

Femshep Braided Hair --- Nexus

MISCELLANEOUS

MP Characters:
N7 Shadow  --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

Enemies:
masseffect32014-05-29ncoix.png

Kai Leng --- Nexus

Weapons:
M8 Avenger --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
M6 Carnifex --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

Ship exteriors:
The Normandy Cinematic and Docked textures --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF
Alliance Cruiser  --- TEXMOD / ME3Explorer TPF

--

I also have an ME2 Armor Project (much like this ME3 one), but it is restricted to work completely for Femshep alone at the moment. This pack changes the look and feel of the ME2 armor to fall more inline with the ME3 equivalent pieces and/or sets. I will be both making it fully compatible with Maleshep and providing all pieces with a normalised Normal map in time.
Aside from these projects, I have several others up under my project page. Feel free to have a look.

MODS BY OTHERS

Coming soon.

-----

Usefull links:
umod
Texmod
ME3 Explorer Forums
Guide: ME3Explorer first time setup information
First time MOD tutorial for ME3Explorer
Guide: Creating Texmod Package Files (TPF) for Mass Effect
Saltisgood's video Tutorials on how to edit textures

To close this OP off, I would like to give thanks to the creators of the ME3 Explorer / Texplorer tools / Mod Maker functionality and the creators of the Texmod and umod utilities. Saltisgood for his tutorial on normal map creation in ME3 and creating .MOD files using ME3 Explorer. ELE08 for explaining the basics of creating TPF's to me, way back in the day =P Didact for generously offering to help with the .MOD conversion of my projects originally.
Last but not least, my friends for driving me and listening to my endless ramblings.

Edited by Ottemis, 25 July 2014 - 10:39 PM.

• Dark_Ansem, Silver, Merchant2006 and 9 others like this

merylisk

merylisk
  • Members
  • 645 posts
Yay!!! Will be following this thread.

Tup3x

Tup3x
  • Members
  • 3,461 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
Nice!

Syrdeth

Syrdeth
  • Members
  • 258 posts
It's about time you got your own thread. I love your texmods. Subscribed!

Lucky Thirteen

Lucky Thirteen
  • Members
  • 1,209 posts
It has arrived. Be prepared to have your mind blown by the amazing, hard work ottemis has put into these mods.

Silver

Silver
  • Members
  • 1,544 posts
Yaaaay, your own thread :lol:
It was about time that you got your own "place" to show your stuff. It'll be much easier to follow your stuff this way too :wub:

AmyBA

AmyBA
  • Members
  • 378 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
Niiice. Best texmods ever! I think I have all of them.

Hedera

Hedera
  • Members
  • 1,219 posts
You're awesome, you know that? Thank you so much for the .mods!

Jesse

Jesse
  • Members
  • 296 posts
Whoop! You finally did it ;)

Great to see you putting it down together, instant subscribe too :)

Thanks for all the work you put into these mods, love all of them.

ELE08

ELE08
  • Members
  • 1,923 posts
Awesome, subscribed.

Gilsa

Gilsa
  • Members
  • 4,129 posts
I adore your work.

challenger18

challenger18
  • Members
  • 707 posts
*Casually subscribes while squeeing with joy*

iSpaz

iSpaz
  • Members
  • 418 posts
Awww hell yeah simply awesome.

Been a fan of your mods especially your armor and casual textures. Totally excited to read that you plan on doing all the armor sets for both male and female.Thanks for your hard work, can't wait! ^_^

meonlyred

meonlyred
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts
*Grabby hands* Fix all the textures!

Delerius_Jedi

Delerius_Jedi
  • Members
  • 1,433 posts
Woohoo - glad to see you got your own thread up. Subscribed!

Ottemis

Ottemis
  • Members
  • 3,350 posts
Thanks for the support guys, It's good to have finally taken 'the leap'. =) Going to be releasing an updated and final version of Kai and Vega's bulk armor later today, stay tuned.

Silver

Silver
  • Members
  • 1,544 posts
I'm looking very much forward to all those mod files, which will make Texmod almost obsolete.
Not saying that Texmod is in any way bad, but it has a rather shoddy history with my chosen brand of GPU's ;)

MizzNaaa

MizzNaaa
  • Members
  • 1,014 posts

meonlyred wrote...

*Grabby hands* Fix all the textures!

ALL the textures is belong to us!

Ottemis

Ottemis
  • Members
  • 3,350 posts
First Casual outfit replacer Shepard and Normandy crew, original blue trim available for download now.

Silver

Silver
  • Members
  • 1,544 posts
Eeeeeeeeh *bounces to the download link* :wub:

Dr_Extrem

Dr_Extrem
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
very ambitious project.

keep up the good work.

Endgame22

Endgame22
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Very nice texmod and happy you finally have your own page and i am wondering would you ever do a Normandy pack?

LorelynF

LorelynF
  • Members
  • 685 posts
Outstanding quality. :happy:

Ashoken

Ashoken
  • Members
  • 277 posts
Thumbs up!!

Ottemis

Ottemis
  • Members
  • 3,350 posts

Endgame22 wrote...

Very nice texmod and happy you finally have your own page and i am wondering would you ever do a Normandy pack?

You're the second to ask today actually =) Yes, probably will, but not before my armor-project is concluded.
As it stands now, the Serrice set will be released later today. After that I have three sets left, but effectively only 4 pieces to retexture due to the work I'd already done on them in extend to Femshep. Shouldn't take too long to release all armor. With that done, I'll have more freedom to pick up new projects.

@Everyone, thanks again for the support guys, glad you like =)

Edited by Ottemis, 15 March 2013 - 07:58 AM.