Photo

Take Your Place in the Inquisition Contest

224 replies to this topic

phunx

phunx
  • Members
  • 315 posts

So one of us might have a chance to voice an NPC in the upcoming game.

Here are the details: http://blog.bioware....he-inquisition/

I unfortunatly can't since I am not from one of the countries that can participate (US, UK, Australia, Canada)

So who's doing it? :) Maybe some of you can share your posts with us?

• Renmiri1 likes this

JCAP

JCAP
  • Members
  • 923 posts

Same boat as you my friend. And my accent would be... "problematic".

• Loghain Mac-Tir likes this

AlexJK

AlexJK
  • Members
  • 806 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
I might well give it a go! But since I have about the least interesting or charismatic voice ever... I don't hold out much hope :(

Naesaki

Naesaki
  • Members
  • 3,309 posts

I might well give it a go! But since I have about the least interesting or charismatic voice ever... I don't hold out much hope :(

Never say never! :) good luck if you do try :)

I would love to try, but atm got a throat infection T___T <-- worst luck ever...

Maugrim

Maugrim
  • Members
  • 3,459 posts

Well I'd never win this still very cool contest.  Maybe I can convince a family member or two with more intereresting voices to give it a go.

Anvos

Anvos
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Doubt I'll enter but it was at least a fun diversion trying how I would, though I can only imagine the sheer outrageousness the second script will attract in the voice acting.

PsychoticFox

PsychoticFox
  • Members
  • 143 posts

I really want to give it a go but my southern drawl is godawful and for games set in what amounts to fantasy Europe... well. It just doesn't quite fit.

JRCHOharry

JRCHOharry
  • Members
  • 7,657 posts

Sounds cool, I'll give it a go when I get back at college and get a hold of some decent mics!

Torayuri

Torayuri
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Well, my voice is nothing special, but since I'm eligible why not?

Aremce

Aremce
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Best of luck to everyone trying it! :)

I already caught myself trying to read those scripts theatrically - but, alas, I have absolutely nothing to do with acting in any kind, have an accent, AND am living in a wrong country.

Mresa

Mresa
  • Members
  • 608 posts

I wish I could but alas no, living in a wrong country. Bleh I miss out so much...

But best of luck to everyone else who can participate!

Angangseh

Angangseh
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Going to give it a go just for the fun of it, even though I don't have a chance in hell of winning. But which script? 

Ieldra

Ieldra
  • Members
  • 21,055 posts

Ah, too bad. Not eligible. People do say I have a pleasant voice but I'm not from one of those countries and my spoken English isn't nearly as good as when I write anyway. So....good luck for whoever wins, and may you make a better impression than the last non-professional VA in a Bioware game ;).

Torayuri

Torayuri
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Ooh, the first script is quite interesting. A struggle for power between Empress Celene and Gaspard (whoever he is)...?  :huh:

Eluvianus Rex

Eluvianus Rex
  • Members
  • 17,558 posts

Ah, too bad. Not eligible. People do say I have a pleasant voice but I'm not from one of those countries and my spoken English isn't nearly as good as when I write anyway. So....good luck for whoever wins, and may you make a better impression than the last non-professional VA in a Bioware game ;).

Oh, Ieldra with the shade!!!!

:D

Lorien19

Lorien19
  • Members
  • 3,412 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Too bad I'm not from any of the countries that participate! :(

I'd love to participate in this!

thats1evildude

thats1evildude
  • Members
  • 5,803 posts

To be clear, we only read from one script, correct?

Even if you only end up voicing an NPC who shouts "Potatoes for sale!", I'm definitely eligible and eager to try. I just have to figure out how to record my voice and send it in.

Nefla

Nefla
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts

Fun ^_^ I might enter unless I chicken out!

bazzag

bazzag
  • Members
  • 2,979 posts

Would love to enter. Alas, lack a recording device :(

BrownMinotaur

BrownMinotaur
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

Alas, I am from Quebec, the only part of Canada that isn't allowed to enter.  Funny that Bioware Montreal is set up in Quebec, but no one in our province is allowed to enter.

Knight of Dane

Knight of Dane
  • Members
  • 6,162 posts

Hm, isn't a "legal resident of UK" possibly anyone from the EU who lives in the UK?

I'm not sure if living in London makes me a "legal resident of UK" when I'm from Denmark.

• KennethAFTopp likes this

KennethAFTopp

KennethAFTopp
  • Members
  • 992 posts

Aw FUDGE!

Hm, isn't a "legal resident of UK" possibly anyone from the EU who lives in the UK?

I'm not sure if living in London makes me a "legal resident of UK" when I'm from Denmark.

Good question, perhaps it's a question of where they can invite you to, to record your voice. I am also from Denmark so I wish I could do it. Good chance looking at a script though.

Guest_Avejajed_*

Guest_Avejajed_*
  • Guests

So excited! But question- If I'm American, do I have to use my natural accent? Or could I use an accent if I wanted to?  Not that I'm going to, only curious.

wildannie

wildannie
  • Members
  • 1,934 posts

This sounds like fun! I'm in.

• coldwetn0se likes this

Ukki

Ukki
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
What, just anglos?? That's outragious, racist I tell ya!

I'll have you know Bioware that I have a deep sexy voice with finnish accent. Or so I have been told by foreign ladies abroad.