Photo

Follower Fridays

1038 replies to this topic

Swagger7

Swagger7
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Yes, finally more news on companions!  And a schedule for when new info will be released, helping to break up the wait for DAI's release.  Splendid!

• Flurdt Vash likes this

Eluvianus Rex

Eluvianus Rex
  • Members
  • 24,920 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

First Vivienne update:

Vivienne_004-1024x576.jpg

Referred to as Madame de Fer, “the Lady of Iron”, Vivienne lives up to her title. A leader among the mages and official enchanter to the Imperial court, she is renowned as a fearsome woman who achieved her position through guile and deft political maneuvering. Vivienne allows nothing to stand in the way of what she desires—not those who claim she is a social climber, not those who seek to restrict her power, not even her fellow mages who would conscript her into a rebellion with which she disagrees. Vivienne fights to restore order in a world gone mad…so long as that leaves her among those left standing, once all is said and done.

Check back Wednesday for the next update on Vivienne!

• Flurdt Vash, bairdduvessa, legbamel and 3 others like this

Friera

Friera
  • Members
  • 817 posts

Does this mean that Vivienne is "march companion", and another revelation (for instance Solas) will be in April?

Vivienne reminds me of a fashionable Morrigan. Morrigan and Vivienne will either be friends... or enemies...for sure.

• Flurdt Vash likes this

Flurdt Vash

Flurdt Vash
  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2

Gahhhh I HATE her hat ............ but Im attracted to her all the same ?!?!? CURSE YOU BIOWARE FOR ALWAYS MAKING MY IN GAME LOVE LIFE CONFUSING !!! :P

With that said, Soooooooooooo cant wait to see whos NEW :o  I think most of us are pretty happy with the knowledge of Cassandra and Varric, and I ahve been interested in Vivi :wub:  So its cool to see her as the lady of the month ... so to speak :rolleyes:  Like most, Ive been on board since Origins and am still Ravenous for my Dragon Age, cant wait for more info, thanx David :D

Flurdt Vash

Flurdt Vash
  • Members
  • 298 posts

I love that last line, "Your journey into the Dragon Age begins now...."

Awwwww Yeeeaaahh! My body is ready.

Yeah, its been a long time coming, and Im ready B) Just as Im sure most of us are ;)

Flurdt Vash

Flurdt Vash
  • Members
  • 298 posts

I hope we will see six followers ;) .

:D

Honestly Id like to see 8 .... but Im greedy :P

Danny Boy 7

Danny Boy 7
  • Members
  • 3,591 posts

Is there any chance to see in that information we are going to get who is the writer for each companion? Or voice actor?  :rolleyes:

I love this idea, but I suspect we won't. I think Mary Kirby announced that she was Vivienne's writer though (as well as Varric's writer) if you didn't already know that.

• Flurdt Vash likes this

Danny Boy 7

Danny Boy 7
  • Members
  • 3,591 posts

Does this mean that Vivienne is "march companion", and another revelation (for instance Solas) will be in April?

Vivienne reminds me of a fashionable Morrigan. Morrigan and Vivienne will either be friends... or enemies...for sure.

Seems like it.

fchopin

fchopin
  • Members
  • 4,723 posts
It will be nice to know more about Vivienne, thank you for the info.

Lluthren

Lluthren
  • Members
  • 258 posts

This has made me even more excited about the game than I'd even thought possible at this point.

I told my self I wouldn't look up any info on the companions, but now I want to see them. I really want baldy to be next.

Thread's got me all gitty now. :wub:

Zeldrik1389

Zeldrik1389
  • Members
  • 595 posts

Wish we get a short clip of Vivi's talking. I mean after all we read and saw bout her, listen to her voice would be really awesome. 

• Flurdt Vash and bettak like this

Flurdt Vash

Flurdt Vash
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Wish we get a short clip of Vivi's talking. I mean after all we read and saw bout her, listen to her voice would be really awesome. 

Yeah a little "This is me ..." in her own words, style Companion trailer :D  That would be pretty cool B)

• Will-o'-wisp, bairdduvessa, bettak and 2 others like this

Monoten

Monoten
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Yeah a little "This is me ..." in her own words, style Companion trailer :D  That would be pretty cool B)

You mean a bit like with mass effect 2? I liked those trailers. 

• Flurdt Vash likes this

CarrionFowl

CarrionFowl
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Well, now I'm really getting excited as well... And I know that I'll probably start a huge discussion with this, but I'm not sure if I really 'like' Vivienne... I mean, the last Bioware persona that was nicknamed 'Iron Lady' was Meredith and she was a nutso... Not that it was her fault precisely, that's not what I mean... Of course, I'll reserve judgement on her, until I've played the game, for now, its just a feeling of mine and I don't think anybody can argue with that (or at least I hope so :unsure: )

... And I think I'm going to shut up now, before I get nailed to the nearest tree^^

I do like the concept of 'Follower Fridays' and I'll be checking regularly to see if there is new info^^ I like to know something about my future companions *gg* Also, I like the fact that not everyone of them will be revealed, that gives a nice element of surprise... And I like surprises *squeal*

Akernis

Akernis
  • Members
  • 1,295 posts

Well, now I'm really getting excited as well... And I know that I'll probably start a huge discussion with this, but I'm not sure if I really 'like' Vivienne... I mean, the last Bioware persona that was nicknamed 'Iron Lady' was Meredith and she was a nutso... Not that it was her fault precisely, that's not what I mean... Of course, I'll reserve judgement on her, until I've played the game, for now, its just a feeling of mine and I don't think anybody can argue with that (or at least I hope so :unsure: )

To each their own of course.

I am usually reserve judgement if there is something I am less than enthusiastic with until I have played the game.

Concerning companions I am usually pretty optimistic, out of Kotor, DAO, DA2 and ME 1-3 there was only a bare handful of companions I disliked, and in most of those cases it was not that I disliked them, simply that they were just not my type of characters.

Vivienne might not sound like someone I would have in my party all the time, but I am definitely interested in meeting her in the game.  

wcholcombe

wcholcombe
  • Members
  • 2,738 posts

Umm its wednesday, where is our new update today?

Nimlowyn

Nimlowyn
  • Members
  • 843 posts

Looking forward to the new update today weeeee!

• Thunderfox, Will-o'-wisp and Aremce like this

Thunderfox

Thunderfox
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Umm its wednesday, where is our new update today?

They typically do updates around noon Mountain time, from what I've noticed.

• Nimlowyn likes this

Zeldrik1389

Zeldrik1389
  • Members
  • 595 posts

Wonder what they are going to show us today. Hopefully not her wardrobe. That would take more than 1 short article lol 

Eluvianus Rex

Eluvianus Rex
  • Members
  • 24,920 posts

SHE's HERE:

Vivienne_Blog01-1024x796.jpg

“Vivienne was a truly great character to build,” says senior artist Rion Swanson. “I was hooked from the very beginning when I saw the first concept.”

Swanson credits the work of BioWare’s concept artists as a key component to locking down Vivienne’s final design. In particular, he recalls a lot of back-and-forth to ensure that her character met the high-quality standards of the studio.

“In the end, I think we achieved quite a dramatic look for this strong new character,” Swanson says. “The combination of sleek and powerful shapes with the ornate gold and fine fabrics gives Vivienne a pretty unique appearance.”

With Vivienne’s work complete, what does Swanson think about setting her loose on the world of Thedas?

“Watching her move through the world with flowing fabric and using her awesome mage abilities is a real nice counterbalance to some of the other heavily armored characters in your party. Enjoy!”

Learn more about Vivienne here.

• SiN82, Nimlowyn and Tevinter Soldier like this

Nimlowyn

Nimlowyn
  • Members
  • 843 posts

I am just *loving* that no matter how you change her outfit, she's still distinctly Vivienne (I'm especially appreciating this now as I'm playing Origins and dealing with ugly mismatched armor LOL). Such an awesome feature. I am so excited for this game.  <3  <3  <3

Chanda

Chanda
  • Members
  • 3,173 posts

I really like the red mask part on her face versus the white mask part. Red really suits her.

Chanda

Chanda
  • Members
  • 3,173 posts

Bottom Vivienne, second to the right, is definitely my favorite. Now I can't wait to see the rest of the followers and their outfits! Varric will be stunning in anything, of course. And I'm hopeful that if Cullen is follower, his wardrobe will suit him, as well.

Will-o'-wisp

Will-o'-wisp
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Bottom Vivienne, second to the right, is definitely my favorite.

Yeah, she Looks absolutely stunning with that red lipstick and the black hat, but the Outfit as a whole is a little too dark for my taste. My favourite one is the armor in the upper right corner. It looks lighter than the other ones, shows a tasteful little bit of cleavage and the colours and hat match very well.

Eventhough her clothes look really amazing, I was a little disappointed by today's reveal, I was really hoping for a video... but maybe on friday! :lol:

Zered

Zered
  • Members
  • 747 posts

Ugh I can't stand her outfits. So absurdly Orlaisian. :lol:

• Flurdt Vash likes this