Photo

GameStar Preview

638 replies to this topic

Janus198

Janus198
  • Members
  • 4,331 posts

The german Fansite Dragonage-game.de has made summary about the GameStar Preview.

Here is a quick translation.

Two new companions

-The bald elf mage called Solas who is an apostate and expert for the fade

-The Qunari Iron Bull. David Gaider describes with this words: He fears nothing only the past.

-GameStar saw also an archer (likely Sera)

-The Inquisitor can make his/her own rifts (is it the correct word for Risse) in the fade and summon demons

-No fade puzzles (transformations) like Origins

-Two voice actors for each gender. (I don´t know if this mean 16 for each race and gender or only 4)

-Skyhold or Homebase system. You will also be able to customize certain rooms and buy upgrades, like a garden to grow plants for alchemy. The journalist also suspects that there will be a "map room", where you can allocate troops to open new trade routes or occupy outposts.

-dynamic wildlife. If you kill all the wolves in a forest they are gone for a while. In the same forest another player can met deer.

-new enemy giants they like Darkspawn ogres and throw rocks.

-A dragon is especially vulnerable on the head

The pros:

-large and beautiful areas

-elaborate tactic camera

-challenging fights

-Savegame import

There is the link: http://www.dragonage-game.de/

• Cigne, ladyofpayne, AtreiyaN7 and 22 others like this

TheLittleBird

TheLittleBird
  • Members
  • 4,120 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins

I have never been so unhappy that it is not yet Fall.

• Ispanius, bettak, Teddie Sage and 10 others like this

azarhal

azarhal
  • Members
  • 3,106 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

-The Inquisitor can make his/her own rifts (is it the correct word for Risse) in the fade and summon demons

This seem quite counter productive to me if the Inquisitor job is to close the veil tear (rift) and fight the demons invading.

• Thunderfox, Woldan, Senya and 2 others like this

the_Green_Dragon

the_Green_Dragon
  • Members
  • 998 posts

-Two voice actors for each gender. (I don´t know if this mean 16 for each race and gender or only 4)

Reznore57

Reznore57
  • Members
  • 3,647 posts

Yeah a garden!

Yeah Iron Bull! I just warmed up to this guy these past few months , I mean shirtless+ one eye missing+ secret past +stupid name= win!

I hope he isn't too barbarian , I'm drawing the line at killing nugs for the LOLZ.

About the Inquisitor breaching the veil on purpose?

Well it's strange, I know we will be able to collect some stuff called fade shards or something...think it was in Game Informer.

But why would someone do that , when the deal is closing the fade breach?

TKavatar

TKavatar
  • Members
  • 1,311 posts
Remember in Awakening you could only repair the veil tears while in the Fade? Maybe it's something like that.

Heimdall

Heimdall
  • Members
  • 7,593 posts

Probably

It seems a little odd that the Inquisitor can open tears and summon demons, but I'm guessing this is either linked to healing the tears or the preview is a little confused and this is a Mage Inquisitor only special ability.

Herr Uhl

Herr Uhl
  • Members
  • 13,361 posts

About the Inquisitor breaching the veil on purpose?

Well it's strange, I know we will be able to collect some stuff called fade shards or something...think it was in Game Informer.

But why would someone do that , when the deal is closing the fade breach?

It might be more similar to Avernus summoning of demons in Warden's Keep. A demonology spec for mages would be neat.

• cindercatz likes this

Janus198

Janus198
  • Members
  • 4,331 posts

Thanks. You could continue with the Translation yourself if you want. I only translate what is in your summary.

dragondreamer

dragondreamer
  • Members
  • 1,289 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2

Probably

It seems a little odd that the Inquisitor can open tears and summon demons, but I'm guessing this is either linked to healing the tears or the preview is a little confused and this is a Mage Inquisitor only special ability.

I've kinda suspected since the Game Informer stuff and one of the concept art releases that the Inquisitor might have some special power and that's the reason s/he's the Inquisitor in the first place.  This might be confirmation of that.  How or why the Inquisitor has that sort of power might be a mystery even to the Inquisitor.  But it would certainly cause the kind of suspicion that the Inquisitor supposedly faces after surviving the initial veil rip.  For all the Inquisitor knows maybe they ARE responsible for it.

• Johun, Senya, mrpoultry and 1 other like this

Ianamus

Ianamus
  • Members
  • 3,060 posts

If there are two voice actors per gender I'm assuming that PC Dalish elves will not speak with an accent, which is understandable given resource constraints but does make me wonder how or even if it will explained in-game. 

dragondreamer

dragondreamer
  • Members
  • 1,289 posts

Oh wait a minute...  If ALL Inquisitors do this demon summoning thing...  

Well, might end up solving an issue I was potentially facing with my Dalish Inquisitor, pff.

Vincent-Vega

Vincent-Vega
  • Members
  • 243 posts

If there are two voice actors per gender I'm assuming that PC Dalish elves will not speak with an accent, which is understandable given resource constraints but does make me wonder how or even if it will explained in-game. 

According to the link Janus posted, you can choose which of the two voices you want at the beginning of the game.

Will-o'-wisp

Will-o'-wisp
  • Members
  • 272 posts
A few other things mentioned in the article:

You can't pick a male voice when playing a female character (kinda obvious, but apparently one of the Journalist asked ; P)

The Protagonist can actively jump but not climb.

There won't be mod-support for DA:I

Morrigan will make an appearance but won't be a party member. The same goes for Hawke and the Warden.

Im not quite sure if I trust the last bit of info there but that's what the article says. ; )
  • Herr Uhl, Heimdall, Wiedzmin182009 and 10 others like this

Herr Uhl

Herr Uhl
  • Members
  • 13,361 posts

Morrigan will make an appearance but won't be a party member. The same goes for Hawke and the Warden.

Huh, so Warden and Hawke confirmed then.

Chewin

Chewin
  • Members
  • 4,920 posts

"And thus the screams of joy and terror echoed in the halls of men."

• Heimdall, Puddikoma, CybAnt1 and 14 others like this

Wulfram

Wulfram
  • Members
  • 15,939 posts

Jumping?  Oh dear.  Jumping is the path to the dark side

Jumping leads to Jumping puzzles

Jumping puzzles lead to anger

anger leads to hate

hate leads to suffering

• Remmirath, Nars, Absafraginlootly and 24 others like this

dragondreamer

dragondreamer
  • Members
  • 1,289 posts

Oh dear Maker and Creators...  There will be nothing to stop me from bouncing everywhere, will there?

Im not quite sure if I trust the last bit of info there but that's what the article says. ; )

Yeah, taking everything with a big grain of salt but...  Wow if they actually confirm that last bit.

• Enchant_m3nt likes this

ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
  • Members
  • 2,976 posts

Great to have some news. It all sounds great. Big thanks to those that are actively posting and translating!

• cindercatz likes this

The Elder King

The Elder King
  • Members
  • 13,744 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
Hmm. I wonder about the Fade tears and summonings. It could be that it's not an ability available to all (mages only), but I suspected that the Inquisitor/Inquisition possesses special powers.

ElitePinecone

ElitePinecone
  • Members
  • 10,652 posts

According to the link Janus posted, you can choose which of the two voices you want at the beginning of the game.

Interesting!

• Zafina likes this

Andraste_Reborn

Andraste_Reborn
  • Members
  • 2,631 posts

Thrilled that there will be two voice options for each gender - that's double the number I was expecting! Good idea to let us choose, as well, in case someone wants a deeper voice for their elf or a lighter one for the Qunari. (All I want is for my beefy warrior Qunari and my mage elf not to sound the same.)

What, really?! They actually confirmed that Hawke and the Warden will appear?!

... I should probably go hide in a bunker until December or thereabouts, but then how would I get my game news?

• Enchant_m3nt likes this

Parmida

Parmida
  • Members
  • 1,592 posts
  • Dragon Age 2

Demon summoning is awesome!

• Zered likes this

CybAnt1

CybAnt1
  • Members
  • 3,639 posts

-The Inquisitor can make his/her own rifts (is it the correct word for Risse) in the fade and summon demons (1)

-No fade puzzles (transformations) like Origins (2)

-Skyhold or Homebase system. You will also be able to customize certain rooms and buy upgrades, like a garden to grow plants for alchemy. The journalist also suspects that there will be a "map room", where you can allocate troops to open new trade routes or occupy outposts. (3)

-dynamic wildlife. If you kill all the wolves in a forest they are gone for a while. In the same forest another player can met deer. (4)

-new enemy giants they like Darkspawn ogres and throw rocks.(5) 

(1) BTW, there seem to be no magics yet for binding and controlling demons, so I'm not sure that's a good idea. (Of course, maybe we're about to get some.) 

I hope that doesn't also mean the Inquisitor simply "has the power" to seal rifts without otherwise having to do something else. (Not interesting enough.) 

(2) Well, two different things. Does that mean the Fade has no more puzzles (like, "sort these dream barrels and get a bonus") or there's no more Fade shapeshifting (I kinda liked that, but it was only in DAO). 

(3) We already know the strongholds are customizable, but ... well, looks like the map room concept art might have meant something after all (however untrue it appears to be to historical medieval warfare)

(4) OK. So I parse that to mean, "when it comes to your generic wildlife, it's randomly/dynamically generated". There aren't set "wolf spots" on every map and in every play through. Sort of like those Emergent Systems they've been talking about. 

(5) About time the biguns could do something else other than just charge and knock you down. "BOULDER ... INCOMING!" 

• Quicksilver26 and Enchant_m3nt like this

JeffZero

JeffZero
  • Members
  • 12,270 posts
I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THIS MAYBE-HAWKE AND MAYBE-WARDEN
  • Cigne, Naesaki, Mes and 3 others like this