1900 replies to this topic

Chewin

Chewin
  • Members
  • 5,489 posts

POPULAR

E3_DA2014final.jpg

(logo by no other than BouncyFrag)

For those people who weren't present during the last years E3 event here on BSN, Fiery Knight (later spearheaded by me) created a general E3 coverage thread for everything Dragon Age: Inquisition related during the Electronic Expo. This thread will cover all the info, footages, trailers and possibly more that will be revealed at E3, keeping the forums from overflowing with threads and making it easier for people to find everything that happened at the convention.

Electronic Entertainment Expo is less than a month away, which is slated for June 10-12 and will once again take place in Los Angeles Convention Center. It will be a bit slow here for the time being, so speculations and discussing what will be shown and what people would like to see is advised for the time being, and will later when the Expo is here be updated regularly with info. A live chat will also be open as well this year.

BpUq40cIQAAYPo6.jpg

Follow DA:I E3 event at Twitter.

NEWS

DA:I Female Qunari Gameplay (IGN): http://www.ign.com/v...gn-live-e3-2014

DA:I Companion Trailer: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=zGYtwoghEXU

DA:I Dragon Battle Gameplay: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Hol0qyZAuQo

DA:I E3 Gameplay Trailer: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=jNOK8x4tcgM

How Dragon Age Inquisition Improves Dragon Combat

DA:I Demo at E3 with Game Trailers

LIVESTREAMS

Twitch at E3

E3 Insider

Game Trailers

IGN E3

TIMER & TIMEZONES

Countdown to E3

Event Time Announcer

Schedule

Tuesday 6/10 PT:
  • 9:00am – Nintendo Digital Event
  • 10:00am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)2
  • 10:15am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
  • 10:30am – Dragon Age: Inquisition (EA)
  • 11:00am – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
  • 11:20am – The Division (Ubisoft)
  • 11:40am – Farcry 4 (Ubisoft)
  • 12:00pm – Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
  • 12:20pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
  • 12:40pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
  • 1:00pm – DRIVECLUB (SCEA)
  • 1:20pm – Evil Within (Bethesda)
  • 1:40pm – Lords of the Fallen (NAMCO)
  • 2:00pm – Destiny (Activision/BUNGIE)
  • 2:20pm – The Order: 1886 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
  • 2:40pm – Nintendo (Unannounced title)3
  • 3:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)
  • 4:00pm – Super Smash Bros. Invitational (Nintendo)
tumblr_n6pnw2ru641qghomuo1_1280.png

Kudos to Ericander77 and Giubba for the timeslots.
  • Cat Lance, Giubba, Murder Knife and 67 others like this

obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn
  • Members
  • 532 posts

Thank you for all your hard work on setting up/managing this.

Chewin

Chewin
  • Members
  • 5,489 posts

Ah it wasn't that hard. Only took a couple of minutes to make with some help. ^_^

Fiery Knight

Fiery Knight
  • Members
  • 655 posts

Great to see the thread up and running again this year. I bet it will be bigger than last year! :wizard:

• PlasmaCheese likes this

andar91

andar91
  • Members
  • 4,732 posts

I am praying for a new walkthrough demo with new information (at least some) akin to what they did at PAX, only with higher quality. Also, a trailer. If I get those things, I'll be satisfied. 

• obsessedwjpn and Al Foley like this

obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn
  • Members
  • 532 posts

Yeah it would be nice to have Bioware show a new area and walk us through a bit of it. I really want to see some gameplay in action. Perhaps they could bring out femQuizzy :) or have the Inquisitor as a rogue or mage class type.

ElitePinecone

ElitePinecone
  • Members
  • 11,698 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

Yay! I remember the thread you did last year.

Master Che

Master Che
  • Members
  • 5,812 posts

This and Mass Effect... *bites Knuckles*

• rapscallioness likes this

Kingtrace

Kingtrace
  • Members
  • 89 posts

I have no doubt that by the end of E3 this year we will have the names of the last three companions, that's probably the best news that they could give this year. Maximum hype, minimum spoilers. 

I honestly can't think of what else they would reveal.

• Al Foley likes this

Clat1

Clat1
  • Members
  • 37 posts

I Hope for some news about the collector's edition.

• Master Che likes this

ev76

ev76
  • Members
  • 1,829 posts
Awesome! Good job. Only a month away.

The Elder King

The Elder King
  • Members
  • 17,045 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3

I have no doubt that by the end of E3 this year we will have the names of the last three companions, that's probably the best news that they could give this year. Maximum hype, minimum spoilers. 

Multiplayer? :whistle:.
  • mp911 likes this

Ajna

Ajna
  • Members
  • 4,647 posts

A reveal of the remaining three companions?  I'd like to see that, that's really what I'm looking forward to the most, some female Inquisitor would be nice too...who am I kidding, I'm desperate for any shred of information, ANYTHING!  I'd also like some Mass Effect info.

Fiery Knight

Fiery Knight
  • Members
  • 655 posts
Yeah, info on Collectors Edition would be sweet!

andar91

andar91
  • Members
  • 4,732 posts

Yeah it would be nice to have Bioware show a new area and walk us through a bit of it. I really want to see some gameplay in action. Perhaps they could bring out femQuizzy :) or have the Inquisitor as a rogue or mage class type.

I think for a walkthrough, it would work best if they showed us small bits of multiple areas to show us different things. They did that at PAX, only with the same exact party. So they could show a 15 minute portion with a human warrior who's been fairly diplomatic, then show a Qunari rogue, then a mage and so on. Maybe the first section could show off a basic quest where you have to make a decision, the second could show...stealth or puzzle options? OR Maybe they show the same scenario playing out 2 or more different ways. As in, what if you go to Crestwood instead of the Keep, only with a rogue this time.

I obviously don't want huge spoilers for the game, but the game is supposedly so big, I'd think it would be relatively easy to show gameplay.

In Exile

In Exile
  • Members
  • 18,667 posts

I want to see PC gameplay, with the top down isometric view. Not the action console gameplay they mostly featured so far, with the ability to briefly switch to isometric. 

GuitarShredUK

GuitarShredUK
  • Members
  • 371 posts

EDIT: and of course, info on the full (aka "Uber") Collector's Edition!

A few short previews of different areas would be nice, also continuing what andar91 said about areas and classes of PC. I was actually very surprised they stuck the official release date on the end of the last Inquisitor trailer, I was expecting that to be the **applause** moment at E3, but cool to know that in advance.

Of the classes and races, a mashup of the two elements would be cool to see; here's a Qunari as a mage, a rogue, then a warrior, versus a human or elf of the same to demonstrate the variety of movement/reactions/abilities/skills of each. The Qunari in particular are what I'm most looking forward to seeing PC wise, the female more so than the male counterparts as I remember Mark Darrah saying that her WIP character model looked awesome about 3-4 months back. 

noxpanda

noxpanda
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts

Im going to be chanting 'DEMO' all throughout E3. I dont really expect it, but if it does pop up i'll run round screaming like a small girl for a week :P

• Cat Lance and PopCola like this

DanielCofour

DanielCofour
  • Members
  • 227 posts

I want to see PC gameplay, with the top down isometric view. Not the action console gameplay they mostly featured so far, with the ability to briefly switch to isometric. 

You can:

They begin playing in tactics mode somewhere around 18:00.

• Arkwright99 and Jilljitsu like this

In Exile

In Exile
  • Members
  • 18,667 posts

You can:

They begin playing in tactics mode somewhere around 18:00.

That's not PC gameplay. I know the feature is in the game. I care about UI, controls. I want point and click mouse keyboard, not the action RPG combat they've showcased so far. Simply zooming out to give orders is not equivalent to what DA:O was like. 

DanielCofour

DanielCofour
  • Members
  • 227 posts

A million and one things. Crafting system, detailed Keep-conquering system. The Inquisition itself and how it works. Factions. Regions. Romance. etc. And those are just the one I thought of. Then there are the things that only Bioware is privy to.. 

• LilyasAvalon, fiveforchaos and N7_5P3CTR3 like this

DanielCofour

DanielCofour
  • Members
  • 227 posts

That's not PC gameplay. I know the feature is in the game. I care about UI, controls. I want point and click mouse keyboard, not the action RPG combat they've showcased so far. Simply zooming out to give orders is not equivalent to what DA:O was like. 

Ahm... well.. I wasn't expecting that you'd ask for key-bindings. But if you want to be that specific, I can say what Mike Laidlaw said: that the PC(mouse and keyboard) UI will be different than the console version, similar to what the previous two games were like. And that pausing combat in tac. view is optional(on the consoles as well, if I'm not mistaken).

But ultimately the console version is the actual gameplay footage. The only thing different on the PC will be key-binding and UI. So if you want information on gameplay in tactical view, you already have it(sort of). 

In Exile

In Exile
  • Members
  • 18,667 posts

Ahm... well.. I wasn't expecting that you'd ask for key-bindings. But if you want to be that specific, I can say what Mike Laidlaw said: that the PC(mouse and keyboard) UI will be different than the console version, similar to what the previous two games were like. And that pausing combat in tac. view is optional(on the consoles as well, if I'm not mistaken).

But ultimately the console version is the actual gameplay footage. The only thing different on the PC will be key-binding and UI. So if you want information on gameplay in tactical view, you already have it(sort of). 

I just want to see it, because the gameplay matters to me a lot. How I'd play the game, that is to say. I want to see if I can play DA:I the same way I played DA:O. 

DanielCofour

DanielCofour
  • Members
  • 227 posts

I just want to see it, because the gameplay matters to me a lot. How I'd play the game, that is to say. I want to see if I can play DA:I the same way I played DA:O. 

Yeah, that's fair, but I doubt they'll be using keyboard and mouse at E3(if they have a gameplay demonstration, which is almost certain). Keyboard and mouse require a table and you have to sit... a controller is much simpler, both for on-stage and hands-on demos. 

In Exile

In Exile
  • Members
  • 18,667 posts

Yeah, that's fair, but I doubt they'll be using keyboard and mouse at E3(if they have a gameplay demonstration, which is almost certain). Keyboard and mouse require a table and you have to sit... a controller is much simpler, both for on-stage and hands-on demos. 

I know, but I would like there to be gameplay trailers with PC gameplay.