Photo

Share Your Shepard -- Mass Effect 2 Face Codes Database!

• Please log in to reply
2731 replies to this topic

vesperknight

vesperknight
  • Members
  • 39 posts

[Edit 13 Sept 2010: Originally a thread to share vesperknight's website allowing people to share the new face codes for ME2, it quickly became a place to simply share screenshots of their Shepards. So feel free to post those screenshots and, if you're particularly proud of them, share those face codes so other can bask in your Shepard's glory. - Pacifien]

[Edit June 6th 2014:

Wow 2730 replies later I am amazed how this thread has grown!

4 years ago I created this thread and masseffect2faces.com and today I launched my new website which includes years' worth of feature requests and improvements.

To get a good idea of what the site feels like check out this link http://fogn.me/vtef8 and click on "Showcase"

The new site allows you to upload up to 10 images per submission. 

It has a special "showcase" view for viewing your images in full screen mode.

It allows you to log additional details about your character such as decisions you've made in the plotline

It has a pretty cool advanced search with sorting and filtering.

It's got many more things! Member search.. a full fledged-forum, a live chat.

Soon I'll add Twitch intergration, a very unique rating system like nothing you've ever seen on a website, file uploads and much much more.

Oh and did I mention this new site is not only for Mass Effect characters but for characters from ALL games that allow character creation!!!

You can learn all about the site by going to the same URL: http://www.masseffect2faces.com

I invite you to read my short "launch announcement" here: http://forums.faceso...-ride-its-been/

If you decide to skip it.. here are some important links to join the closed beta of my new site: 

http://fogn.me/me2f <--- Get your beta invitation key here and then please register with it :)
http://fogn.me/fog <--- If you just want to look click here

Please join the facebook fan page to get notified about the latest feature updates: https://www.facebook.com/FacesOfGaming

~Vesperknight]

===UPDATE===
Now with thumbnails and a celebrity section!

I cannot wait to see some awesome celebritiy lookalikes uploaded! RIght now John Locke takes the cake I can't believe how alike he looks!

Hi everyone!

This morning as I was reading about the game and how it now allows you to share your generation codes for your character's face I decided to take a look around to see if anyone had already shared some good looking faces with their codes. And I found a few here and there but I realized these would be hard to find unless they were all added in a list somewhere.

So seeing as how I had some free time today I decided to whip up a quick website to handle this task!

This was done very quickly (took me about 3 hours) so I know it looks a bit ugly right now. I'll try and get one of my graphic designer friends to whip up a header or maybe even a full skin for it later this week. In the meantime well at least it's functional.

I'll be adding many improvements in the next days such as a search box, pagination, sorting and a rating system.

If you have any comments or suggestions I'd love to hear from you on this as well. I haven't added a contact link to the page yet but I will add a suggestion box soon. In the meantime feel free to reply to this thread.

Enjoy!

Here's the link: www.masseffect2faces.com

Please spread the word / link on other forums or threads? I'd hate to see my efforts goto waste and have nobody visit the site.

Thanks!

Edited by vesperknight, 07 June 2014 - 09:09 AM.

Bobojim

Bobojim
  • Members
  • 111 posts
Great site :)

Kruczinski

Kruczinski
  • Members
  • 17 posts
Hey Vesperknight,
The owner of the save-games database has been trying to contact you:

http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

Oh yeah, and some contact info
(me2saves@gmail.com) or (AIM: AnnakieSA)

Edited by Kruczinski, 25 January 2010 - 08:12 PM.

MadLaughter

MadLaughter
  • Members
  • 329 posts
This site looks awesome. Love Tyrone!

Captain Crash

Captain Crash
  • Members
  • 6,813 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Really good idea, nice work! Bookmarked for later use! (dont have ME2 just yet)

GvazElite

GvazElite
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts
uploaded mine

crapmonster13

crapmonster13
  • Members
  • 659 posts
awesome idea mate!

Annakie

Annakie
  • Members
  • 27 posts
Thanks Kruczinski, I've sent vesperknight a PM here, so hopefully he'll get back to me when he has time! :)

Kruczinski

Kruczinski
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Annakie wrote...

Thanks Kruczinski, I've sent vesperknight a PM here, so hopefully he'll get back to me when he has time! :)

No problems. Good to see other people who are protected on these god forsaken forums ;)

seblor

seblor
  • Members
  • 12 posts
sweet site! Tyrone was awsome.

jedierick

jedierick
  • Members
  • 280 posts
For pc only?

MadLaughter

MadLaughter
  • Members
  • 329 posts
No, 360 has codes too I believe.

Evil Space Leprechaun

Evil Space Leprechaun
  • Members
  • 58 posts

jedierick wrote...

For pc only?

As far as I know, it's not. You can't directly "copy and paste" the face serial like on PC, but I'm pretty sure you can just write it down and input it manually on the 360.

DocSun

DocSun
  • Members
  • 268 posts
This needs to be stickied!! And totaly bookmarked.

DSKzZziX

DSKzZziX
  • Members
  • 126 posts
Very cool

Fragglespank

Fragglespank
  • Members
  • 324 posts
Heh, I knew Tyrone would have to be on there.

Gilsa

Gilsa
  • Members
  • 4,129 posts
The artist in me is squeeing right now. Thank you for doing this. I can't wait to see this expand.

cowsaysoink

cowsaysoink
  • Members
  • 87 posts
Thank you. Bookmarking.

vesperknight

vesperknight
  • Members
  • 39 posts
Awesome response :) It would be amazing if this was stickied!.

As I said in my earlier post.. expect to see many improvements done both in functionality and in the look (though the look will be harder as I totally suck at graphics design).

Oh and I got in touch with Annakie and added a link to her site in my footer, along with a contact link to email me directly.

I can't wait to see what this evolves into in a couple of weeks!

kelmar6821

kelmar6821
  • Members
  • 708 posts
-snip

Edited by kelmar6821, 25 January 2010 - 09:06 PM.

SomethinNothing

SomethinNothing
  • Members
  • 293 posts
I hope this can be used on the 360 as well, even if it means more effort.

SidNitzerglobin

SidNitzerglobin
  • Members
  • 661 posts
Very cool.

Stickify this please.

Couple of improvement I could see would be and automatic thumbnail of the provided image and maybe a browse mode where the thumbnails are displyed in a grid with links to the codes and info.

Edited by SidNitzerglobin, 25 January 2010 - 09:12 PM.

jedierick

jedierick
  • Members
  • 280 posts
Awesome I think this is just brilliant way to go

kelmar6821

kelmar6821
  • Members
  • 708 posts
You should make a separate celebrities section.

uv23

uv23
  • Members
  • 317 posts
Kudos to you for a great effort. The only thing I'll say is that it absolutely will have to have thumbnails in order to be useful, especially when there are more entries uploaded. Having to click on each one will get onerous very quickly. Cheers.