Photo

Using DLC offline *****SOLVED*****

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I play Mass Effect 2 90% of the time offline. When I try to load my save with the DLC for preordering. It says because I am not online I can't play that save. Really? I have to have an online save and an offline save? Dragon Age didn't have this issue. And Online isn't even option for me I work nights and I play the game then I have no internet at work. Is there a work around for this or just crappy DRM?

Edited by AcrazyGerman, 29 January 2010 - 05:18 PM.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Wha? I play offline without any issues.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I get a message when I am offline that my DLC is missing and won't let me load any of my saves using the DLC.

I have

Blood Dragon armor

Normandy Crash Site

Zaeed

When I connect to the Cerberus network I can play my saves and every thing with the DLC working fine when I am offline it says its unauthorized and won't let me load.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Have you connected to the Cerberus network at least once since installing the DLC? If you have try connecting again. Maybe it messed up authenticating. I play offline with the DLC working without any errors.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts

AcrazyGerman wrote...

I get a message when I am offline that my DLC is missing and won't let me load any of my saves using the DLC.

I have
Blood Dragon armor
Normandy Crash Site
Zaeed

When I connect to the Cerberus network I can play my saves and every thing with the DLC working fine when I am offline it says its unauthorized and won't let me load.

Did you bring this save file from another computer to a work computer?

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I play online and offline on the same laptop. I logged in the first time connected to Cerberus network downloaded and installed every thing. Played online for awhile. I wanted to test it on offline mode turned my internet off and I can't load any of my saves I turn it back on and I can.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Weird. I can't mess around with mine at the moment. But have you disabled "auto sign in" in the game settings? I have that disabled and I'm able to play offline.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I tired that just now myself and it doesn't work I thought it would, Because when I started the game online but not signed in it let me play my save. I then kept the new settings of not auto sign in and feedback and went offline and I still could not use my save games.

Gocad

Gocad
  • Members
  • 210 posts
I had the same problem with DA:O.

It seems indeed that you can't use a save game containing activated DLC content without being connected to EA Online (aka Cerberus Network).

LarryBann

LarryBann
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Actually, Dragon Age did have this issue, but only if you have DLC. I thought I had read on the forums that this was supposed to be fixed for ME2 but I see not. What you can do in Dragon Age if you want to play offline, is just do so without DLC content checked. Seeing as there is no way to uncheck DLC for ME2, I'm not sure how you would go about it. I also read an article where you can't have ME2 offline for more than 10 days (your PC offline) as DRM in game will lock out the entire game on the 11th day because it can't verify your copy of the game. When I first read the article I thought it was for the DLC, although now, I'm not so sure.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
But I was on DA:O with all my DLC offline all the time without any issues. Now all of a sudden I have to be connected to use any of them? Was there a fix for DA:O that I might try with ME 2?

LarryBann

LarryBann
  • Members
  • 36 posts
I just was looking for the article and it looks like they did removed that 10 day DRM feature. Good to know for those of you who play offline.

Edited by LarryBann, 28 January 2010 - 06:07 PM.

LarryBann

LarryBann
  • Members
  • 36 posts

AcrazyGerman wrote...

But I was on DA:O with all my DLC offline all the time without any issues. Now all of a sudden I have to be connected to use any of them? Was there a fix for DA:O that I might try with ME 2?

Huh.  I had the problem all the time with my DLC in DA:O.  I eventually stopped trying to play offline.  Maybe they fixed it since the last time I tried.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts

LarryBann wrote...

AcrazyGerman wrote...

Huh.  I had the problem all the time with my DLC in DA:O.  I eventually stopped trying to play offline.  Maybe they fixed it since the last time I tried.

I've played DA:O from day one offline as well, with the DLC installed.  I had to just be online at least once to make sure it was active.  Never had an issue.  (btw I should mention these are both Steam versions)

LarryBann

LarryBann
  • Members
  • 36 posts

TormentedPhoenix wrote...
I've played DA:O from day one offline as well, with the DLC installed.  I had to just be online at least once to make sure it was active.  Never had an issue.  (btw I should mention these are both Steam versions)

I'm on Steam for both as well.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Steam here as well.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Steam here as well. no idea why it did a double post

Edited by AcrazyGerman, 28 January 2010 - 06:24 PM.

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts
So weird...  I wont be much of a help then.  It's always worked for me.  :(

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Where did you guys download your Mass effect DLC from?

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts
I got Normandy crash and Zaeed from the site it brought me to after inputing my Cerberus code. The rest, (DDE and Blood Dragon) I got from this site.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
any more ideas?

TormentedPhoenix

TormentedPhoenix
  • Members
  • 129 posts

AcrazyGerman wrote...

any more ideas?

I thought of something.  The save file I am using offline has never been connected to the internet.  Try this in this order:

1:  Start up the game while online, make sure it connects to the Cerberus network.

2:  Once connected change the setting so that it doesn't auto connect you to EA.

3:  Restart the game in Steam's offline mode.

4:  Start a new game and hope the DLC works.  I believe if you don't get an error about the DLC you should be good, but get to a point where you can check if the DLC is there.

Maybe this will work.  If it does I wouldn't allow it to connect to the Cerberus while playing that save.

rupert003

rupert003
  • Members
  • 25 posts
I don't have this problem.

For DA:O I got around this by turning off my network card. It seemed that as long as the game thought I was able to connect it would lock me out, or let me play all naked since my character was wearing the DLC armor. This led to being able to equip TWO sets of armor at once.

Keep trying :)

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
going to steam offline mode doesn't put you offline just makes it so the steam app doesn't try to connect to the servers. I turn off my internet switch to test this.

AcrazyGerman

AcrazyGerman
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I made a new char offline that I can play offline but the second I load it when I am online it becomes unloadable offline. I will have to load a save that hasn't been online, no idea if the DLC works on that save or not yet. I am still in the med bay