Photo

Is Europe not getting a PS3 version of Awakening?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
I've checked a bunch of sites (like Amazon.co.uk or HMV) that already have the PC and 360 versions up for preorder, but the PS3 version is nowhere to be seen. 

Now does this mean that there isn't going to be a PS3 release of Awakening in Europe? Or that, like Origins, it will come out later than the other versions? (Though I find this second option odd as the American PS3 version of the game is being released at the same time as the other 2).

Edited by silver-crescent, 28 January 2010 - 08:05 PM.

Slarth79

Slarth79
  • Members
  • 234 posts
If it's getting released at a later date or the PS3 version not getting released at all (can't see that happening but I can see it coming out later) will the US version work with an EU version of DA:O?

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
Probably not. DLC is region specific so I would assume an expansion pack to be as well.

immortal_scream

immortal_scream
  • Members
  • 282 posts
Love it when Bioware release their first game for ps3 and completely muck it up, just like with the original release date and RtO. It's just great.

zy1054

zy1054
  • Members
  • 20 posts
There is no preorders for the ps3 version in nz either but you can allready pre-order xbox and pc versions. Sounds like we got RtO last as well. Whats with no love for the PS3? I'm more than slightly irritated.

Bryant84

Bryant84
  • Members
  • 132 posts
surely it wouldn't hurt someone anyone at bioware who is itk to come out and adress the ps3 community with some useful information but they have probably been rounded up and locked in a cupboard by the evil fat cats at microsoft

Wrath of Doom

Wrath of Doom
  • Members
  • 192 posts
There's no need for BioWare to punish PS3 owners with late releases compared to other platforms. Owning a PS3 is punishment enough for them.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Wrath of Doom wrote...

There's no need for BioWare to punish PS3 owners with late releases compared to other platforms. Owning a PS3 is punishment enough for them.

Harhar

One thing should be clear: Awakenings is not coming out for ps3 on March 16th. GoW officially just took that day, and it would be foolish for any game to challenge it.

Wrath of Doom

Wrath of Doom
  • Members
  • 192 posts
Posted Image

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Fexelea wrote...
One thing should be clear: Awakenings is not coming out for ps3 on March 16th. GoW officially just took that day, and it would be foolish for any game to challenge it.

Truth is with GoW, Final Fantasy XIII coming out a week earlier plus a ton of other cool games in Feb/March, I wouldn't really mind if the PS3 version of Awakening got delayed. I do seriously hope however that it will come out at all.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,366 posts
@Wrath: Not getting it...

Edited by Fexelea, 29 January 2010 - 12:05 AM.

Bryant84

Bryant84
  • Members
  • 132 posts
silver-crescent too true as soon as mafia 2 and gran turismo 5 come out dragon age will be taking a back seat

zy1054

zy1054
  • Members
  • 20 posts
would be nice if we could get an offical word on this? there has been lots of commuication on the xbox pc side of things but hardly anything for ps3?

Lakmoots

Lakmoots
  • Members
  • 234 posts
Really want an answer on this... If Europe doesn't get it... then us Australians are doomed!

Lakmoots

Lakmoots
  • Members
  • 234 posts
Actually...

I just went to a bunch of sites taking pre-orders, and couldn't find any EU/AU release...

Now I am worrying.

There is no way they could decide not to release it for PS3 except in America... is there?

... IS THERE??? Posted Image

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,366 posts
They have not given a date for PS3 release of Awakenings anywhere. I have asked about this here:

http://social.biowar...04809/10#825490

No response for now but hopefully soon

KneeTheCap

KneeTheCap
  • Members
  • 420 posts
hmm, here in Finland there is atleast one site who offers pre-order for PS3 version of awakening. The release date seems to be the same as the others, but I think it's not official info...

Edit. Actually two, and the other claims that the release date is fourth of march...

Edited by KneeTheCap, 29 January 2010 - 09:22 AM.

Viglin

Viglin
  • Members
  • 836 posts

Wrath of Doom wrote...

Posted Image

Considering how much the Ps3 can do, and the add-ons that keep appearing, l expect in about 6 months to have a world-destorying lazer...so this is pretty accurate, thanks.

Viglin

Viglin
  • Members
  • 836 posts

Fexelea wrote...

They have not given a date for PS3 release of Awakenings anywhere. I have asked about this here:
http://social.biowar...04809/10#825490
No response for now but hopefully soon

Um, not true, Amazon has it set for March 16th in NA;

www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Awakenings-Playstation-3/dp/B0032LTVX6/ref=sr_1_3

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,366 posts
Amazon has but Bioware has not.

Deimos_Olympian

Deimos_Olympian
  • Members
  • 60 posts
So PS3 owners are once again getting the shaft while owning the best gameconsole in the world... sigh

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
So could someone from Bioware please clarify this situation, or is this topic just going to be ignored?

Bryant84

Bryant84
  • Members
  • 132 posts
so are there any bioware employees who could shed some light on the situation it's cold and lonely being kept outside in the dark

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
Hello?

silver-crescent

silver-crescent
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
Alright, bumping this one last time...

Hopefulyl someone will bother answering this time -_-