Photo

Xbox 360 Title Update and Return to Ostagar Release: January 29, 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
542 replies to this topic

Victor Wachter

Victor Wachter
  • Members
  • 398 posts
Hi all,

We've confirmed with Microsoft that the Xbox 360 Title Update and Return to Ostagar for the Xbox 360 will be released in the early hours tomorrow morning, January 29, 2010.

We currently expect the update to occur starting at the following local times on that date:

Title Update:
1AM PST (San Francisco)
2AM MST (Edmonton)
4AM EST (New York)
9AM GMT (London)

Return to Ostagar:
2AM PST (San Francisco)
3AM MST (Edmonton)
5AM EST (New York)
10AM GMT (London)

If you were able to download Return to Ostagar during its previous release, you will not need to download it a second time. However, you will need to download the new version of the title update.

The PC and PlayStation 3 versions are still in testing. We expect the PC to complete testing in time for release early next week. We will update you with PlayStation 3 status when we have more information.

Title Update Release Notes:

Some players were unable to unlock the four achievements from Warden's Keep and the Stone Prisoner during the first four days of launch. These achievements will unlock properly once you sign in to your Xbox Live and EA accounts.

The previous Xbox 360 update update introduced an issue that relocked class specializations. This title update will resolve that issue.

* After loading a previously saved game, specializations that have been unlocked through gameplay will be available again.
* All book-based specializations will now automatically unlock once the Warden reaches level 14. Books will still be available from vendors so you can unlock these specializations before level 14.

The Hopeless Romantic, Perfectionist and Recruiter achievements were not unlocking for some players. This issue has been resolved. To update and unlock these achievements automatically, load a saved game where the Warden has completed the requirements for these achievements.

* The Recruiter achievement will still require a recruitment to occur after the save is loaded. If you have completed all the requirements for Recruiter, and the achievement is still locked, load an earlier saved game where you are still able to recruit any party member. Once you have recruited a party member, the achievement should unlock. This should work even if your current saved game still has unrecruited characters, but you have recruited all of them in previous play.

Thanks for playing Dragon Age: Origins, and we hope you enjoy Return to Ostagar!

nmal015

nmal015
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Woop! Thanks Victor

xxkillaassassin

xxkillaassassin
  • Members
  • 6 posts
YAY IT WORTH IT NOW

Edited by xxkillaassassin, 29 January 2010 - 03:15 AM.

Trauma3x

Trauma3x
  • Members
  • 811 posts
Thanks Victor, any word on the ME2 Helmet issue? it's sounding like "Ostagar inccident" on the boards...I'm just saying :)

Guest_Farvam Hlaalu_*

Guest_Farvam Hlaalu_*
  • Guests
Okay, PC next week.

Dargar21

Dargar21
  • Members
  • 303 posts
Nice!!

kainswrath

kainswrath
  • Members
  • 7 posts
freakin right doggie!!! only thing that sux is i wont be able to play it till 8 AM central time in usa oh i cant wait so exciting. thanks bioware

thisjustin02

thisjustin02
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the update and keeping us informed. I'm excited about Bioware again.

Larry L

Larry L
  • Members
  • 95 posts
PS3 please. Can't wait. I hope it's not TOO long. I'm holding off on my 3rd playthrough to play this DLC before the end.

joethewest

joethewest
  • Members
  • 6 posts
YES! FINALLY! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,447 posts
Abriael had it wrong by a month (he said Feb 29th 2010 lol)

Wicked 702

Wicked 702
  • Members
  • 2,247 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Fexelea wrote...

Abriael had it wrong by a month (he said Feb 29th 2010 lol)

Did anyone get a pool going with their friends? Wonder if anyone took Jan. 29th.

Abriael_CG

Abriael_CG
  • Members
  • 1,789 posts
I'm honestly quite disappointed to hear that the 360 version has been prioritized over the PC version of RTO, in spite of what we were been told on the PC being the priority platform and in spite of the fact that with their little "early trigger pulling" Microsoft basically managed to steal themselves a little clandestine timed exclusive. But oh well, at the very least we got a tentative release frame, and it's better than nothing.

Though, I seriously hope the PC will go back to being the lead platform again after this issue. We waited 6 months additional time for the consoles versions to even exist, and we were promised we would have never waited again for consoles. With RTO that hasn't been the case.

Edited by Abriael_CG, 29 January 2010 - 03:43 AM.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,447 posts
Well now that we have a better idea of what happened, I don't think they actually prioritized the 360 because of MS leverage, but rather because that console had a virus-like patch out that affected users.

It seems everything was ready to go on both 360 and PC. 360 screws up and gets the patch out before time, they realize there is a bug. They recall, freeze all platforms, inspect. The bug is in all platforms. Priority fix goes to the users who are already affected, which makes sense. Once that is fixed, they fix PC, then ps3?

Guest_Xolramuh_*

Guest_Xolramuh_*
  • Guests
Here we go again.

Just because the PC version of the game was made first and was held up by other platforms doesn't make the PC special in any way. What would make sense is that every platform have equal attention and have releases at the same time. Or at least have a close release date to each other.

Keep crying please, because flaming and throwing a temper tantrum is going to get things done your way.

Edited by Xolramuh, 29 January 2010 - 04:00 AM.

Abriael_CG

Abriael_CG
  • Members
  • 1,789 posts

Fexelea wrote...
It seems everything was ready to go on both 360 and PC. 360 screws up and gets the patch out before time, they realize there is a bug. They recall, freeze all platforms, inspect. The bug is in all platforms. Priority fix goes to the users who are already affected, which makes sense. Once that is fixed, they fix PC, then ps3?

Honestly it doesn't make much sense to me. if you make a promise to your customers, the fist priority should be keeping it. Moreover from what it seems the PC was the least affected (or better, completely unaffected), and as such the easiest/fastest to get ready to ship.  This niot to mention that the xbox 360 problem had a temporary fix that users could apply.

1) Keep your promise to your customers AND ship the version that can be shipped the fastest
2)Fix the problem on the leaked non-lead platform and release that one
3) Release the rest

But as I said, oh well. It's gone how it's gone.
I just hope that from now PC will go back where it belongs at the lead platform and that will suffer no more delays to consoles' benefit.  Breaking a promise once can be forgiven. More gets a little harder.

Edited by Abriael_CG, 29 January 2010 - 03:56 AM.

xxkillaassassin

xxkillaassassin
  • Members
  • 6 posts
im happy for release but i let my not so much friend borrow my controller, damn

Sensorie

Sensorie
  • Members
  • 404 posts
I find it strange how the 360 version can get through Microsoft certification before the PC version even finishes its testing, but then again I don't know the processes involved and the order of work.

T1l

T1l
  • Members
  • 1,545 posts
It's like Groundhog Day; only we don't have Bill Murray as comedic relief and we don't end up with a younger, hotter, Andie MacDowell.

Abriael_CG

Abriael_CG
  • Members
  • 1,789 posts

Sensory wrote...

I find it strange how the 360 version can get through Microsoft certification before the PC version even finishes its testing, but then again I don't know the processes involved and the order of work.

That is exactly the problem I see with it myself. It's almost as they completely kept in ice the PC version until the xbox version was ready for certification. Which is exactly why I'm disappointed given their previous promises.
What is done is done, but I hope something like this doesn't happen again in the future. PC users get shafted enough already in this market in favor of consoles without Bioware jumping on the bandwagon.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,447 posts
Abriael I was going on what they wrote here:

The nature of the issue was such that it required the same programmers and made more sense for that particular ‘nut’ to be cracked on the 360 first to really understand how to fix it once and for all, so this was not something we could do in parallel for both platforms.

From that I understood that the problem was on all platforms and they could identify root on the 360 quicker therefore they concentrated on that. But he was talking about ps3 so yes, we don't know if PC had the bug too.

I do think that if you feed poison to your customers, you need to get them help before you give a table to your VIPs... And the user fix didn't work for a number of people :S

Abriael_CG

Abriael_CG
  • Members
  • 1,789 posts

Fexelea wrote...

The nature of the issue was such that it required the same programmers and made more sense for that particular ‘nut’ to be cracked on the 360 first to really understand how to fix it once and for all, so this was not something we could do in parallel for both platforms.

As far as I understand he's talking about the title update, not RTO, and that's strictly an xbox 360/PS3 issue.

T1l

T1l
  • Members
  • 1,545 posts

Fexelea wrote...

From that I understood that the problem was on all platforms and they could identify root on the 360 quicker therefore they concentrated on that. But he was talking about ps3 so yes, we don't know if PC had the bug too.

The PC leak of RtO on the 4th of Jan was bug free. It appears that the PC version was put on ice for some other reason.

BobbyMcPrescott

BobbyMcPrescott
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I stopped caring when it would come out a long time ago now. The only thing Bioware had left to impress me with was not rewarding MS for screwing everything up, and they borked that as much as humanly possible, so I wipe my hands of it. There just simply isn't any way I can keep my dignity intact and pay them for these shenanigans at the same time.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,447 posts

Abriael_CG wrote...

Fexelea wrote...

As far as I understand he's talking about the title update, not RTO, and that's strictly an xbox 360/PS3 issue.

So the patch is for consoles only? I thought PC had an upcoming patch too?