Photo

Mordin is 50?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Borschtbeet

Borschtbeet
  • Members
  • 1,714 posts
Does anyone else find this to be a bit of a stretch considering that a Salarian's average lifespan is 40 years?

I haven't beaten the game yet so perhaps it's explained later.

I always figured Mordin to be an older Salarian, but 50 seems extremely unusual, it not impossible.

Dave of Canada

Dave of Canada
  • Members
  • 17,366 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
Just because it's average for a Salarian to die at 40, doesn't mean 50 is out of the norm. The human life expectancy is set to around 70, but there's still a large amount of people who live well past that age.

Borschtbeet

Borschtbeet
  • Members
  • 1,714 posts
A human over the age of 70 though is not at all unusual. It's mentioned in the codex that Salarians over the age of 40 are a rarity.

Therefore I assumed that 40 was the Salarian equivalent to a human cenetarian or fairly close to at least.

Litos456

Litos456
  • Members
  • 1,213 posts
A rarity. Didn't say they were non existent. Mordin could be one of them.

agrue

agrue
  • Members
  • 108 posts
Lead scientist for the project that tweaked the Krogan genophage. Fill in the blanks.

Borschtbeet

Borschtbeet
  • Members
  • 1,714 posts
If a 41 or 43 year old Salarian is a rarity. Mordin must be a damn prodigy.

If I were Shepard, I would be worried about him even living long enough to complete the mission.

Borschtbeet

Borschtbeet
  • Members
  • 1,714 posts

agrue wrote...

Lead scientist for the project that tweaked the Krogan genophage. Fill in the blanks.

Speculation, but a possibility.

pacer90

pacer90
  • Members
  • 977 posts
He looks very old. And he doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. Anyone who can figure out collector counter measures in that amount of time is an immortal anyway.

kotorfan04

kotorfan04
  • Members
  • 19 posts
For some reason I thought he was 36 or so, a few years shy of 40.

DaxFlowLyfe

DaxFlowLyfe
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Funny thing was somewhere in the game it referred to Mordin as a "she", and i stopped, and looked at it again, and the game in fact did call Mordin a "She"

Error? or is Mordin actually female?

Christina Norman

Christina Norman
  • Members
  • 169 posts
The ages listed in the website are relative to human years today. So Mordin is probably around 30. Likewise Grunt isn't 22.