Photo

Currently Irate!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
Hey everybody, this is a very ANNOYING and ANTAGONIZING glitch I found. It happened to me after I just completed the Loyalty Mission for Jack.

This is my 3rd playthrough on insanity, each having 30+ hours because I went through everything throughly. The 1st play through I did not have a problem, however the 2nd play through this is when the glitch first occured. I don't understand why it does this but, after I complete the Loyalty mission for jack, and when you blow up/ get off the station. You come to a cut scene while your in the ship, when joker tells you how Miranda and Joker are in an argument.

So I proceed to go into the room while their arguing, and your given 4 choices. The first playthrough like as aforementioned I had no problem. I was able to choose the Paragon action or speech line in order to resolve the issue, without losing the loyalty of either Jack or Miranda. And since I'm not a high renegade, the renegade option is out. I'm approximately 98% paragon, and I know for a FACT that on the first playthrough when I did this mission, I was no where near 90% paragon, yet I was still able to perform the paragon action.

The paragon action is black out making me not able to click it, and I'm pretty furious at this, since this is the 2nd time. And this is the sole reason that I thought I could rectify by playing through the story a 3rd time. In my first playthough I accidentally chose the wrong person for suicide task (going through the tunnel) during the suicide mission. Which in turn led to Mordin dieing, since that was who I chose. Therefore I was not able to get the achievement.

As such I really want this problem to be fixed, for it has left a pretty bad image for ME2, I don't want to waste 90+ hours of my time for something as stupid as this thwart my appreciation for this game.

Also I noticed this samething for Zaeeds Loyalty mission, at the end since I chose the paragon ending, I'm not able to rectify his problem with Video by choosing the Paragon dialoge line. In the first playthrough I was able to, and I was still able to have his loyalty. However since the Paragon option is blacked out, I have no choice but to pick something else. Which in turn leads to not having his loyalty, and will more than likely end up dieing in the Suicide Mission.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!

Thanks in advance :)

gladstone

gladstone
  • Members
  • 37 posts
I'm going to guess that this is not a bug or a glitch. Since this is not a linear game, many of the enemies and encounters are scaled to your level, and I would imagine that the amount of renegade or paragon points you need to succeed is scaled as well. It could be that you are at a high enough level that your paragon bar needs to be completely full to select that option, and when you played through your first time, your level was lower at that point in the game.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
This is a glitch, because this also has happened to a couple friends of when. And it occurred when you imported your mass effect 2 character to start a 2nd play through.

And as such, I even tried having a FULL paragon level, and the option is still grayed out.

And another thing, the Paragon option works for the confrontation between Tali and Legion, but it does not work for Miranda's & Jacks Confrontation, or Zaeeds persuasion for loyalty if you chose to save the people in the refinery.

This to me is a major flaw, as it prohibits a second thorough playthrough if you choose to import your mass effect 2 character in order to gain the bonuses such as resources etc.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
Also another problem pertaining to this, is the confrontation with Samar and her daughter. The Paragon action to rectify the issue is grayed out, and can not be used. The paragon option allows for you to be to choose between either killing Samara or Morinth.

However since your not able to choose the Paragon or Renegade (assuming) option, your left to choose the neutral option, which doesn't allow you to have a choice. Where as just instead, you only save Samara, and you have no say in the matter.

Bioware PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

fadedroots

fadedroots
  • Members
  • 12 posts
lawls. this is a complex game. No one but the developers really know what it takes to unlock certain conversation choices and even then many variables come into play like backstory, gender and class. just cuz you're mad at not getting 1 dialog choice in a game of many, doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Take a few deep breaths, it will be ok.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
lmao

I'm sure you would be a tad bit irritated, if you spent 60+ hours on a game to no avail.

I mean, It's really not that serious, I'm just simply displaying issues that needs to be fixed. asap

It's as simple as that.

Kim Stolz

Kim Stolz
  • BioWare Employees
  • 77 posts
This isn't a bug. All of the persuades you're talking about are the very hardest ones in the game.There's a lot more to the persuade system than just having a high renegade or paragon bar. I'm sorry you're upset but that's how the system was made.Gladstone and faderoots are actually pretty close to right on in this case.

exboomer

exboomer
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Im Too Legendary wrote...

Also another problem pertaining to this, is the confrontation with Samar and her daughter. The Paragon action to rectify the issue is grayed out, and can not be used. The paragon option allows for you to be to choose between either killing Samara or Morinth.

However since your not able to choose the Paragon or Renegade (assuming) option, your left to choose the neutral option, which doesn't allow you to have a choice. Where as just instead, you only save Samara, and you have no say in the matter.

Bioware PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

Everything you are mentioning sounds like it is in fact related to your paragon level. Playing on insanity probably has tighter restrictions on speech options not just combat.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
Then this does not make sense.

All 3 of my playthroughs are on Insanity.

The 1st play through, there was no problem, and obviously during the time I did those aforementioned missions, I didn't have as high of a Paragon level as did doing it the 2nd and 3rd time around.

This doesn't make sense, and how come other people I know of, are having the same problem? What's up with that?

duckman2000

duckman2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
iv had this problem its a load of crap. iv done 2 plays and both done the same way picking the same convo patchs because i wanted the same game style and ending as my first but picking the right person for the door section of the end level. i picked morden instead of tali or legion. but now it wont let me even tho iv done every thing the same. i even did the loyalty missions in the same order! doing jacks and then mirandas last. i cant see how you says its not bugged when i did the same things as my first on the 2nd play through.....

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts

duckman2000 wrote...

iv had this problem its a load of crap. iv done 2 plays and both done the same way picking the same convo patchs because i wanted the same game style and ending as my first but picking the right person for the door section of the end level. i picked morden instead of tali or legion. but now it wont let me even tho iv done every thing the same. i even did the loyalty missions in the same order! doing jacks and then mirandas last. i cant see how you says its not bugged when i did the same things as my first on the 2nd play through.....

Thank You!
Finally someone who shares what I am going through. It is near impossible for me to not see this problem as a glitch, or some underlaying problem.

For clearly it is, I'm not the only experiencing this problem. I can't simply be rectified with a excuse that was given to me, from people who have replied to this thread.

Something is wrong, and it needs to be looked at. No sugar coating or anything.

Kim Stolz

Kim Stolz
  • BioWare Employees
  • 77 posts
I say it's not bugged because it's a pretty complex system that runs underneath regular gameplay. To completely explain it in the forums would be confusing and might ruin the mystique of how it works. So believe me when I say this isn't a bug. We tested this sytem very thouroughly and it works exactly like it is intended.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Kim Stolz wrote...

I say it's not bugged because it's a pretty complex system that runs underneath regular gameplay. To completely explain it in the forums would be confusing and might ruin the mystique of how it works. So believe me when I say this isn't a bug. We tested this sytem very thouroughly and it works exactly like it is intended.

Then please clarify how in the first playthrough I was able to use the paragon option. However on my 2nd (after importing my ME2 Character) the option is mysteriously grayed out.

Even when I completed the missions in the EXACT same order, and even tried saving those missions for the last.

And if these confrontations are so hard, how come I can use the paragon option for Tali and Legion, when clearly that mission is by far later in the game, which at least in theory should recquire more Paragon points. Yet I'm not able to do a paragon option that I could of done, during the first portion of the "Loyalty" missions?

This does not make sense.

duckman2000

duckman2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
but i dont understand if i did the same things both times the result is differnt?

allso why if i have max paragon for the point i have got to in the game can i not use the paragon option in the convo? it does not make sence lol... to be honist its put a big downer for me on my 2nd play through just to have my full squad survive the game after my mistake on my first play through just to have this happen when i did it all the same way.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts

duckman2000 wrote...

but i dont understand if i did the same things both times the result is differnt?

allso why if i have max paragon for the point i have got to in the game can i not use the paragon option in the convo? it does not make sence lol... to be honist its put a big downer for me on my 2nd play through just to have my full squad survive the game after my mistake on my first play through just to have this happen when i did it all the same way.

I was told by Kim, that someone is looking into it.

I really hope they rectify this "problem" for i'm experiencing exactly what you are. And as far I am concerned, this would not make any sense at all if this were in fact found to be no true, and the game was made to function that way.

Kim Stolz

Kim Stolz
  • BioWare Employees
  • 77 posts

Im Too Legendary wrote...

Kim Stolz wrote...

Then please clarify how in the first playthrough I was able to use the paragon option. However on my 2nd (after importing my ME2 Character) the option is mysteriously grayed out.

Even when I completed the missions in the EXACT same order, and even tried saving those missions for the last.

And if these confrontations are so hard, how come I can use the paragon option for Tali and Legion, when clearly that mission is by far later in the game, which at least in theory should recquire more Paragon points. Yet I'm not able to do a paragon option that I could of done, during the first portion of the "Loyalty" missions?

This does not make sense.

This is actually quite easy to explain. The Confrontation between Legion and Tali is actually much easier to do the Paragon persuade than renegade. That's why you're able to do that one.Posted ImageThe renegade option is the harder of the two for that arguement.

duckman2000

duckman2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
i understand what your saying by some times the renaged option will be easyer than the paragon one but if it worked the first time why wouldnt it work the 2nd

duckman2000

duckman2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
well i hope this is fixed because i wouldnt bother playing through again i dont think if it was gojng to be a random roll of the dice if the game will bother letting me use all the paragon or renage points i built up to use the dialog option for them,

DeeLite808

DeeLite808
  • Members
  • 428 posts
im not sure what you are experiencing, but Im on iNsanity with a me1 character import and had no problem in Jack and Miranda's loyalty.

DID you do Miranda's loyalty mission prior to Jacks? I think this helps in keeping Miranda loyal to you.

Also, importing an ME2 character just makes the paragon/renegade options that much harder to obtain. Running through on a import of an ME2 character, all my renegade options were grayed out, despite only having very low paragon ratings on my meter.

Spellbound83

Spellbound83
  • Members
  • 45 posts
Since your paragon is maxed out, can't you just choose one or the other, and then go use your max paragon to regain the loyalty of the person you alienated? Yeah, this wont help you with Zaeed. So at worst you'd have lost the loyalty of Zaeed + Miranda/Jack. However, even with those handicaps, I'd put money on you making it through the suicide mission with no casualties - provided you make the correct choices, which is not hard at all.

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts
I've tried going back with a MAXED out paragon level, and try to convince Miranda to gain her loyalty back after the confrontation.

The paragon option is grayed out. And even then if I choose the other paragon option (the normal one), Shepard asks: "Miranda I really want to talk about this?", to which she replies every time "I don't". In essence it doesn't give you a chance to slip in another paragon option if the 1st one doesn't work or w/e.

The Red Winger

The Red Winger
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Just as a heads up, creating a system that produces 2 different results when you do the EXACT same thing isn't mysterious it's frustrating and a glitch. To say that it's a well tested system and has a mystique to it is just frustrating. I'm on my 2nd playthrough and doing things the same way. I can no longer convince zaeed in the paragon path on his loyalty mission or resolve the jack/miranda conflict amicably. On my 1st playthrough I was able to do both of these with paragon scores lower than they are in my second playthrough. This isn't mysterious....it's broken

Im Too Legendary

Im Too Legendary
  • Members
  • 52 posts

The Red Winger wrote...

Just as a heads up, creating a system that produces 2 different results when you do the EXACT same thing isn't mysterious it's frustrating and a glitch. To say that it's a well tested system and has a mystique to it is just frustrating. I'm on my 2nd playthrough and doing things the same way. I can no longer convince zaeed in the paragon path on his loyalty mission or resolve the jack/miranda conflict amicably. On my 1st playthrough I was able to do both of these with paragon scores lower than they are in my second playthrough. This isn't mysterious....it's broken

Thank You!

Another person experiencing this.

So far I've noticed these problems:

Jack & Miranda's Confrontation, The persuasion of Zaeed if you chose to save the refinery, and the Paragon option when your talking to Morinth for Samaras Loyatly Mission. The Paragon option for Samara's Loyalty mission allows you to choose between either saving Morinth, or Saving Samara, but every paragon option for the aforementioned missiones are grayed out.

Even thought I've tried the paragon options with a Maxed out Paragon level, and trying it to where I did the SAME exact things as I did in my first playthrough.

tortuga8831

tortuga8831
  • Members
  • 55 posts
Has the thought ever occurred that maybe they built the game to change the requirements needed to pass those persuasion checks? Like if the first time you did jacks loyalty mission first then the second time you'll need to do mirandas first, something like that.

skan5

skan5
  • Members
  • 209 posts
I had my paragon past 3/4 when the Miranda/Jack thing occurred and it was greyed out. Then I hit max Paragon and I could not talk to Miranda after words. Yes, I did Miranda's loyalty first.

I was able to do Zaeed's with very little Paragon since that was one of the first missions I was on, no issue with Tali/Legion and even had enough Renegade for that option.

This was on my first play through.