Photo

Return to Ostagar PS3 Release Date Confirmed! March 11, 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1116 replies to this topic

Victor Wachter

Victor Wachter
  • Members
  • 398 posts
Here's the news that PS3 fans have been waiting for!

Return to Ostagar for the PlayStation 3 has passed certification and will be released on March 11, 2010.

We will also be releasing an update for the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age a week ahead of time on March 4, 2010. We'll release the contents of this update once we have the final list of changes.

We would also like to update you on the release date for Awakening. Dragon Age: Awakening will be released to retail in North America for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 16, as scheduled (with Europe/Other regions later that week as normal with retail releases). The PlayStation 3 DLC version of Awakening will be released on March 18.

We truly appreciate our PlayStation 3 fans' patience while they were awaiting this release. Thanks for playing Dragon Age: Origins, and we're looking forward to seeing you in Ostagar and Awakening!

Cuthlan

Cuthlan
  • Members
  • 2,329 posts
That's a pretty huge delay for RTO, but thank you for giving us some firm dates.

aeaf123

aeaf123
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Great News.

Thanks Bioware for giving a solid release date for RTO on PS3.

It should be good timing seeing as Awakening will be released less than a week after.

Sandtigress

Sandtigress
  • Members
  • 3,967 posts
Phew, that's still a long wait, but glad to finally get a date. Just enough time to run my HNF through before Awakening. Thanks for the update, Victor, and for putting up with us irate fans. ;-)

Guest_MrHimuraChan_*

Guest_MrHimuraChan_*
  • Guests
Great news on Awakening! I can barely wait! :)

Great news for PS3! I play on PC but i could feel their pain too ^_^

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts
Finally!

Thank you for the update. Please keep PS3 users on the loop moving forward

exorzist

exorzist
  • Members
  • 411 posts
Thanks Victor for the heads up and the other thing ;)

jesuno

jesuno
  • Members
  • 491 posts
Damn, 2 birds with 1 stone. That was pretty easy.

joseyamburn

joseyamburn
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hell yeah thanks for the update.

Felipevelloso

Felipevelloso
  • Members
  • 61 posts
Thanks for the update... And i'm glad that you guys will upload de patch in a different download then RTO.

Succubus_Ais7

Succubus_Ais7
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Finally a good answer.

A real date to look forward to!!

Fangirl17

Fangirl17
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts
OH MY GOD FINALLY. Thank you for the update.

But if it has passed certification then why are we waiting until March 11th?

Edited by Fangirl17, 23 February 2010 - 03:08 AM.

cmessaz

cmessaz
  • Members
  • 10,724 posts
Yes I've been waiting, however I must ask what the point would be considering Awakening will not support the goodies that you get from the DLC.
I own DAO on both the PS3 and PC, and other than the mods, enjoy playing it on the PS3 far better than PC. However there are bugs in the game on the console versions that drive me nuts, Alistair refering to himself as king after you chose Anora, etc. Are these going to be corrected?

Edited by cmessaz, 23 February 2010 - 03:06 AM.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
^The point is that if they release close to Awakenings they can ride the Awakening's marketing campaign, which will generate Origins sales and bring new users. It varies by company and marketing team, however sales are usually tracked as 1st day, 1st 3 days, 1st week, 15days, 1st month. so if the launch point is weak there is a lot of sometimes not accurate negative feedback.

kyles3

kyles3
  • Members
  • 1,832 posts
can't see myself bothering with RTO a week before awakening, but i guess it's good to know my console hasn't been forgotten.

cmessaz

cmessaz
  • Members
  • 10,724 posts
I'm just saying that I probably won't buy RTO on the PS3 until the things you are awarded in RTO are supported by Awakening. I understand why they are releasing it, it's a good addition to Origins, (I have it on PC) but as of now they have said that the stuff you get will not carry over to Awakening when you import your pc.

exorzist

exorzist
  • Members
  • 411 posts

cmessaz wrote...

I'm just saying that I probably won't buy RTO on the PS3 until the things you are awarded in RTO are supported by Awakening. I understand why they are releasing it, it's a good addition to Origins, (I have it on PC) but as of now they have said that the stuff you get will not carry over to Awakening when you import your pc.

Is it _really_ always about ph4tt l00t? .. I mean, what about the story and immersion? ... I understand that nice items belong to any RPG, but don't we all play BioWare's RPG mainly because of the great stories?

You will miss out a great story when you decide not to play Return to Ostagar. And no, I'm not saying this because I am the chief-in-editor over greywardens.com. This is my true personal opinion and has nothing to do with my site.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts
Yes, but they are probably thinking that the newcomers to DA thanks to the Awakenings campaign would drive up the sales of RTO on the first weeks, which is what is usually taken as success factor.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts
Actually the RTO loot not carrying over is almost painful. The armor should be in Awakenings, it is not something you would lose. At the very least, you should see it on display somewhere.

Fangirl17

Fangirl17
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts
*sigh* But its anoying that we have to wait what three weeks? when its already been certified. For me it would be the opposite.I would be more likely to buy it now because I have nothing to do,I will be less likely to buy it three weeks from now because I will be playing FF13.But life isnt fair and Bioware doesnt revolve around my schedual. lol I guess I will never be happy with what they do with RTO.

cmessaz

cmessaz
  • Members
  • 10,724 posts
As I said, I enjoy RTO. Good expansion. But as I've played through Origins several times, I am ready to begin Awakening, and since it took so long to get RTO out on PS3, I don't think I will bother since I can't use the stuff anyway. My opinion only, by all mean for everyone who hasn't played it yet, buy it! It is worth it. As far as story goes, that is part of my point! I won't ruin it for those who haven't played it yet, but the stuff you get in this DLC has sentimental value. Losing it in Awakening kind of stinks. But I am understanding that this is a technical issue and will probably be resolved. At which point, I will get it on my PS3.

cmessaz

cmessaz
  • Members
  • 10,724 posts

Fexelea wrote...

Actually the RTO loot not carrying over is almost painful. The armor should be in Awakenings, it is not something you would lose. At the very least, you should see it on display somewhere.

My point exactly, thanks.

emlit

emlit
  • Members
  • 112 posts
Ditto the thanks; I don't have to keep checking the PS store every Thursday now. And consider this my vote for DLC in Awakenings. It won't seem right not wearing the Warden Commander's Set on a new adventure.

Fexelea

Fexelea
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
I think that the March 16th release date on ps3 is crazy anyway. It's GoW 3 day!

Guest_Stoomkal_*

Guest_Stoomkal_*
  • Guests
Why are you thanking him?

This is the most ****ing pathetic thing I have ever heard...

Three weeks in the future? That is truly fail.

I think Bioware told us to put something in our mouth, and then said "Don't worry, it will be coming soon".

Complete Fail.