Along with the below content fixes, this patch will prepare your system for the upcoming Dragon Age: Origins Awakening expansion pack that launches next week.
- Various changes have been made to code and resources to support the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack. Most of these changes do not affect Origins itself.
- Some players were experiencing increasingly long load times. A major cause of this problem has been fixed.
- At higher levels, non-player characters now receive a bonus to armor penetration. This mitigates an unintentional imbalance with well-armored high-level characters, since armor penetration previously did not scale as aggressively as armor itself did.
- Elite-rank enemies (lieutenants) can no longer be shattered. This preserves the intended tactical design of many combat encounters.
- Portraits for summoned creatures (like a ranger's wolf) were displaying improperly while in the party camp. This no longer occurs.
Edited by Chris Priestly, 08 March 2010 - 09:34 PM.