Photo

Dragon Age: Origins Patch 1.03 released for PC and Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,256 posts
We are pleased today to launch Patch 1.03 for Dragon Age: Origins on both the PC and Xbox 360. You can get this patch by connecting with Xbox Live or going to the Patch page here: http://social.biowar...page/da-patches

Along with the below content fixes, this patch will prepare your system for the upcoming Dragon Age: Origins Awakening expansion pack that launches next week.

Patch Notes:

• Various changes have been made to code and resources to support the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack. Most of these changes do not affect Origins itself.
  • Some players were  experiencing increasingly long load times. A major cause of this problem has been fixed.
  • At higher levels, non-player characters now receive a bonus to armor penetration. This mitigates an unintentional imbalance with well-armored high-level characters, since armor penetration previously did not scale as aggressively as armor itself did.
  • Elite-rank enemies (lieutenants) can no longer be shattered. This preserves the intended tactical design of many combat encounters.
  • Portraits for summoned creatures (like a ranger's wolf) were displaying improperly while in the party camp. This no longer occurs.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 08 March 2010 - 09:34 PM.

Guest_Maviarab_*

Guest_Maviarab_*
  • Guests
Top notch...thaks Chris :)

Adaram

Adaram
  • Members
  • 450 posts
Glad to see the fix to "Shattering" of Elite Ranked creatures. I know it makes things harder, but it makes more sense, IMO, to not be able to shatter such a high ranked creature (unless maybe their health is really low?)

TomerGda

TomerGda
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Thank you !

YourFunnyUncle

YourFunnyUncle
  • Members
  • 306 posts
Steam's 42% of the way through automatically downloading this as I type. Seems I booted my PC at just the right time...

Taritu

Taritu
  • Members
  • 2,293 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
If the loading time fix works I'll be very happy. And play the game for the first time in a long time.

mousestalker

mousestalker
  • Members
  • 11,799 posts
If this fixes the long load times then it will be the best patch yet.

AngryFrozenWater

AngryFrozenWater
  • Members
  • 8,382 posts
Thanks for fixing dexterity. :(

max_ai

max_ai
  • Members
  • 101 posts
Thank you!
Though I never played longer than 2 hours straight, I'm still glad the bug was fixed.

Edited by max_ai, 08 March 2010 - 09:55 PM.

UTexGrad

UTexGrad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I get an error when I try to install the patch in the PC version.

ENTRY: modules\\\\single player\\\\data\\\\al_arl01al_redcliffe_villag.rim

error ept0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.

I have looked at the Config Utility and it shows that the DAOrigins Config.exe and the Uninstall Dragon Age.exe are at v1.03, but DAOrigins.exe and DAOriginsLauncher.exe are still at v1.01

I checked and the file is located in the specified directory, but no dice. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and have installed the Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner add-ons.

Edited by UTexGrad, 08 March 2010 - 10:01 PM.

Sylvius the Mad

Sylvius the Mad
  • Members
  • 16,162 posts
I won't be installing this until someone mods back in the shattering of Lieutenants.

Much like the spell nerfs in 1.02, I will no longer accept changes I do not want.

VendettaI154

VendettaI154
  • Members
  • 611 posts
:o Can I actually marry Anora now without her going invisible at the end?

Sylvius the Mad

Sylvius the Mad
  • Members
  • 16,162 posts
Come to think of it, I'm not thrilled with the increasing change between how PCs and NPCs are handled, so I'll probably skip this patch entirely. Are the PCs getting higher Armour Penetration numbers? If not, then why are the NPCs getting them?

Having a level playing field matters.

Noir201

Noir201
  • Members
  • 1,015 posts
Great timing Chris :)

Was hoping for a fix to loading times.

Curlain

Curlain
  • Members
  • 1,829 posts
Does this mean you are required to have an internet connection in order to be able to play Awakenings? That will be problematic for players without regular internet connection

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,256 posts

Sylvius the Mad wrote...

I won't be installing this until someone mods back in the shattering of Lieutenants.
Much like the spell nerfs in 1.02, I will no longer accept changes I do not want.

Sure, but don't expect to play Awakening then.

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,256 posts

Curlain wrote...

Does this mean you are required to have an internet connection in order to be able to play Awakenings? That will be problematic for players without regular internet connection

No. Awakening works just liek Origin. You would need to install and activate, but after that you do not need to be connected. :)

Sylvius the Mad

Sylvius the Mad
  • Members
  • 16,162 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

Sylvius the Mad wrote...

Unless Awakenings is going to undo my mods, I don't see a problem.

I can wait.

Sylvius the Mad

Sylvius the Mad
  • Members
  • 16,162 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

No. Awakening works just liek Origin. You would need to install and activate, but after that you do not need to be connected. :)

You don't need to be connected to the internet even to activate Origins.

Tawmis

Tawmis
  • Members
  • 214 posts
Sylvius the Mad makes me LOL...

Sylvius the Mad wrote...

Sylvius the Mad wrote...
Come to think of it, I'm not
thrilled with the increasing change between how PCs and NPCs are
handled, so I'll probably skip this patch entirely. Are the PCs getting
higher Armour Penetration numbers? If not, then why are the NPCs
getting them?
Having a level playing field matters.

Can we say... Power Gamer?
LoLz. I knew we could.
So I find it funny that a guy complains that he won't install this patch until the shattering of lieutenants is returned...
And within the same thread says that: "having a level playing field matters."

Wait. Stop the press.

So... you would be okay if the mobs you fought could cast a frozen spell to shatter your PCs and permanately kill them?

I think not.

Level playing field indeed.

You make me lolz over and over and over.

I needed this on a Monday!

Tawmis

Tawmis
  • Members
  • 214 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

Sylvius the Mad wrote...

ZING!

:lol:

Now this is the good kind of reading I need to have every Monday!

Emerald Melios

Emerald Melios
  • Members
  • 830 posts
Hmmm....I was hoping you'd fix the missing Ancient Elven Boots & non-scaling Fang dagger for City Elves. At least those loading issues are addressed though.

Sylvius the Mad

Sylvius the Mad
  • Members
  • 16,162 posts

Tawmis wrote...

So... you would be okay if the mobs you fought could cast a frozen spell to shatter your PCs and permanately kill them?

Yes.  I've asked for that several times.

I'd also like the darkspawn to revive as my party members do if combat ends before all of them are dead.

UTexGrad

UTexGrad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
FYI to the mods, patch problem is solved. I updated through v.2.0a and then installed the latest patch and everything was fine.

Tawmis

Tawmis
  • Members
  • 214 posts

Sylvius the Mad wrote...

Tawmis wrote...

Yes.  I've asked for that several times.
I'd also like the darkspawn to revive as my party members do if combat ends before all of them are dead.

Well since it hasn't happened, then shattering them still gives you the advantage over leuitenants - so your level playing field doesn't work. If you wanted a level playing field - you'd install the patch - since without it - the advantage goes to you shattering enemies that weren't meant to be shattered.

And as for the Darkspawn reviving before combat ends - how would that work - since combat doesn't end until they're all dead (once combat starts) or until your party is dead. (And it might be me - but the Darkspawn don't seem to be the healing type where they might have someone casting revive! Although I do know that they have necromancers - since the new ogres, Risen Ogres are undead ogres apparently or some such).