Photo

Bugs with 1.03 patch...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1370 replies to this topic

SirPalamedes

SirPalamedes
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Prevalent bugs:

Inventory Screen: weapon damage stats
Weapon damage will not update correctly on the inventory page when swapping weapons, activating abilities, etc. You must check the Character Record page for correct/updated values.

Pickpocketing
Picking pockets will no longer result in loot.  Pickpocketing an NPC with items will result in a "Success" message, but no loot will be added to your inventory. Pickpocketing for coin or for plot items still works.
-- It also appears that "stealing" can no longer be set as a tactic (useful for stealing in combat)
-- Something interesting to note is that the bug appears to kick in only after your character has first looted coins from an NPC. For instance, if your very first target has an item then you will loot it successfully, including subsequent targets; but as soon as you have looted coins from an NPC the bug appears to kick in and items can no longer be looted at all.

Lag and Crashes
Game slowdowns occur intermittently, often severely, which result in crashes for some. This lag occurs most often and is most severe when loading between cut-scenes, during combat, or when looting corpses. Loading to a new area or restarting the game will often delay the problem for a time.

-------------
Feel free to post other bugs which appear to be associated with Patch 1.03

Edited by SirPalamedes, 20 March 2010 - 06:59 PM.

J_chambers

J_chambers
  • Members
  • 45 posts
I noticed it too, and I also took off weapons from my Duel wielding warrior, the damage stat is still the same when unarmed.

Edited by J_chambers, 09 March 2010 - 06:46 AM.

Will_Balthazor

Will_Balthazor
  • Members
  • 24 posts
Pickpocketing

I noted the pickpocketing problem as well. I did notice you still get the 'items received' notice if the NPC has a pickpocketable plot item (and the item as well), but if the NPC was supposed to have any other pickpocketable item you get nothing.

Vita Nex

Vita Nex
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I downloaded the 1.03 patch application and ran it under windows 7 and it says "Can't find Dragon Age Origins, reinstall and try again" or similar message. Can anyone tell me how to make this application work for windows 7?
Incidentally, I currently am able to run the game on my system, just unable to update to 1.03...  perhaps I need to place the patch application in the correct folder, if so what folder would that be?

Edited by Vita Nex, 09 March 2010 - 04:52 PM.

CastorT

CastorT
  • Members
  • 50 posts
Can confirm the pickpocketing issue.

NIce improve on loading times though.

Edited by CastorT, 09 March 2010 - 05:38 PM.

Dimarcu

Dimarcu
  • Members
  • 4 posts
No improvement on loading times AT ALL!

After exactly 14 minutes of playing, traveling from Denerim to Orzimmar doing 2-3 quests on the way, it took me 2 minutes and 34 seconds to load from commons to diamond quarters.

Pathetic.

Will_Balthazor

Will_Balthazor
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Vita Nex wrote...

I downloaded the 1.03 patch application and ran it under windows 7 and it says "Can't find Dragon Age Origins, reinstall and try again" or similar message. Can anyone tell me how to make this application work for windows 7?
Incidentally, I currently am able to run the game on my system, just unable to update to 1.03...  perhaps I need to place the patch application in the correct folder, if so what folder would that be?

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and had no issues with the patch program itself.  I just exectuted it from wherever it was downloaded, which was on a separate drive entirely.  Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to add.  You could always try uninstalling everything and reinstalling - your saves should be preserved in your savegame directory.

-Zippi-

-Zippi-
  • Members
  • 131 posts
- Game starts lagging after 30 mins -1 hour.
- Game crashes after  1 hour - 2 hours.

Never had any lag or chrashes before 1.03.

Edited by -Zippi-, 09 March 2010 - 07:02 PM.

Guest_iHNS_*

Guest_iHNS_*
  • Guests
Also, did a bug come with the Whirling Dervish and The Punisher achievement as well? 'Cause I think they take more than 50 hits to unlock... Or is it just me?

jlc_38

jlc_38
  • Members
  • 15 posts
I'm not installing this patch until the pickpocket issue is fixed. This is one of the things I have the most fun with in the game. I've gotten some pretty decent loot so far.

I also have the slow load problem. It usually kicks in after around 60min. I didn't have this problem when I first started playing the game, but over time it's getting worse. I also have random CTD issues, so I save every few min.

For me quitting the game to the load screen, then starting back up usually fixes the load times for awhile. But it starts to slow down faster then 60min. It's a pain, but this is one of the best games I've played in a long time, so I'm putting up with it.

Edited by jlc_38, 09 March 2010 - 08:26 PM.

Guest_iHNS_*

Guest_iHNS_*
  • Guests
Another glitch found in Lothering.
Talk to the mad man outside the chantry. Finally, answer ''That's Enough! This ends now!''. After he answers, tell the one who speaks to you, ''All of you get moving!'' or something. The mad man still talks even after he has left. Woooonderful. -_-

Edit: I bet most of us have crashing problems with 1.03 installed right? 'Cause I can say my game crashes more than often now.

Edited by iHNS, 09 March 2010 - 09:40 PM.

Diviaxivasi

Diviaxivasi
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I'm not sure if this is a problem from before or not but while attempting to do the Correspondence Interruptus quest I am unable to find the letter that is located behind the secret door in the Upper level of the Ruins in the Brecillian Forest. I didn't grab it on my first play through so I am not sure if it is a problem before the patch or not. In the secret area all I found were two skeletons that lad some low level treasure on them and nothing else. The letter that is missing is the Miss Ambrose letter.

tommy5761

tommy5761
  • Members
  • 305 posts
there are two secret doors-down the stairs one on right and one on left

SilverSteelWolf

SilverSteelWolf
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Vita Nex wrote...

Try running the patch app as an administrator (right click, run as administrator).

zartan88

zartan88
  • Members
  • 206 posts
Ah - I've just posted about the Pickpocket bug, looks like I'm right then. Stealing is now glitched on 1.03.

I've also noticed that I can loot corpses from around six feet away now as well, not a major issue - but it looks real odd, It means that my rogue must have six foot long invisible arms - now thats a useful skill!

Jasemen

Jasemen
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Well I guess all of use are not suprised that this patch didnt fix the load times. And I take it that most of us wont be getting the expansion next week as well. I know I wont.

PeLLeT_RSD

PeLLeT_RSD
  • Members
  • 1 posts
GUI Interface

After installing the 1.03 patch my stamina and mana bars are always "empty" although I can use my abilities normally. It sucks not been able to know how much of my stamina/mana I have left.

HorstXXL

HorstXXL
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Before 1.03 in my game Dog had a constitution score of 52 @ lvl 15 (wich seemed quite buggy to me)
After the patch he's at 10 (which is even worse)

Furthermore the level up screen is WAY out off scale, as if it is using another resolution

Arathlon

Arathlon
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Just downloaded the 1.03 patch. and all of a sudden all dlc content seriously flips out. If I try to talk to Shale, I'm being asked for the command word to wake him. and when i leave the conversation and find myself in some sort of phantom zone.. also all my equipment stoved at the soldiers peak are gone, and so are my premium content stash.. I have to talk to Levi dryden and start the quest all over again just to find the place empty. and when I try to go out to the bridge it jumps back to the cut scene where we first see soldier's peak.. these glitches kind of ruined this round of playing the game. and i recon the same bugs will be in my other save games as well..

I hope bioware soon will have this fixed, because it's really bugging me. any other experiencing these bugs? 

Ruek

Ruek
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I've now begun to crash during combat sequences since I patched. This is something I have not encountered before. It seems to coincide when the game attempts to auto-save during/at the end of a combat sequence. I've turned the function off which seems to have alleviated the problem on my end.

Edited by Ruek, 10 March 2010 - 03:11 AM.

Robesco

Robesco
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I am sooo sorry I downloaded this patch...Items from warden keep arent even on chars.also the keep is there but levy is inside,,did do as told in forums...again damned me for being so stupid...pls forgive the rant...

BenwaSmash

BenwaSmash
  • Members
  • 29 posts
AMD Phenom II x4 (quad) 945
3 ghz processor
4 gig ram
120 HD
XP sp3
Diamond Radeon ATI 4890
Downloaded patch 3 - getting error 36? and failure to install - after old patch 1.02 - was hanging in 3 loading sequences - werewolf lair, harromonts estate and quarian bandits - 1st two are game breakers... was hoping this patch would fix tne loading.. looks like not..

Lee on SMT

Lee on SMT
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Crashes after 1-2 hours of play, after downloading patch. Never happened before.

Robesco

Robesco
  • Members
  • 7 posts
dlc Ostagar Items also missing...is there a fix in the near future?

Poor Alister i Nekid

Kepha

Kepha
  • Members
  • 2,810 posts

Robesco wrote...

I am sooo sorry I downloaded this
patch...Items from warden keep arent even on chars.also the keep is
there but levy is inside,,did do as told in forums...again damned me
for being so stupid...pls forgive the rant...

Robesco,

What you likely have is the Disappearing DLC bug, which pre-dates Patch 1.03. See Section 1 of the DLC In Game Errors FAQ for more information.

Patch 1.03 did change some of the files that handle DLC authentication, so you may also want to make sure that the Dragon Age Origins Content Update service is running properly. That is Section 5 of the same FAQ.

edit:  Just realized I gave you the same advice in another thread.  Sorry didn't notice that the username was the same.

Edited by Kepha, 10 March 2010 - 05:40 AM.