Photo

Mass Effect Movie announced!

• Please log in to reply
6700 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,259 posts
I am very pleased this morning to announce that there will be a Mass Effect movie made by the fine folks at Legenday Pictures! I know there has been a lot of speculation amongst our fans ever since Mass Effect 1 came out as to whether or not there would be a movie, who should star in it, who would direct, would there be a Wrex sized bucket of popcorn, etc and I can now reveal that, yes, there will be a movie (popcorn deal is still unconfirmed.

Legendary Pictures, the studio behind great films such as The Dark Knight, Watchmen, The Hangover and 300 have picked up the rights to make Mass Effect. Legendary Pictures will produce with Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni along with Avi Arad (who has been behind great films like Iron Man, X-Men and Spider-Man). From BioWare Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuck and Casey Hudson will serve as executive producers.

"At BioWare, we’ve always thought of Mass Effect as having the depth, emotion and plot twists perfectly suited for an adaptation to a motion picture,” said Casey Hudson, executive producer of the Mass Effect series. “With Avi Arad and Legendary attached, we believe that the Mass Effect movie will be an extraordinary entertainment event that realizes our vision for the franchise and thrills fans.”

I am super psyched for this and look forward to seeing the Mass Effect movie take shape.

Is it too early to buy tickets? :)

:devil:

WizardD52986

WizardD52986
  • Members
  • 148 posts
Nice!!

xI extremist Ix

xI extremist Ix
  • Members
  • 799 posts
I hope it is better than other game to movie films...

Kronner

Kronner
  • Members
  • 6,249 posts
Any further information, such as story or cast? Also, will it feature Commander Shepard, if so, male or female?

Estelindis

Estelindis
  • Members
  • 3,710 posts
...To be honest, this sounds quite promising. The people lined up to be involved in this project have all done good work in the past. :-)

Is it cynical of me to assume that Shepard will be male in this movie, or is there actually a chance for a female Shepard? Or will the storyline not involve Shepard at all?

Edited by Estelindis, 25 May 2010 - 03:44 PM.

Guest_Maiq the Liar_*

Guest_Maiq the Liar_*
  • Guests
M'aiq thinks this is a good thing. This movie has a good foundation to build on.

Unfortunately, M'aiq knows that soon, someone will complain on how the movie will fail to provide the freedom of choice that the game carries.

What these people don't know is that they have a choice; see the movie, or don't.

Also, M'aiq wishes he had a fishy stick to give you. Sadly, he does not.

ponozsticka

ponozsticka
  • Members
  • 453 posts
Yay!! :))

kusvuari

kusvuari
  • Members
  • 229 posts
OH LAWD

pra_viilon

pra_viilon
  • Members
  • 68 posts
first contact war!!! please!

chormic93

chormic93
  • Members
  • 1 posts
This is commander Shepard and this is my favourite movie on the citadel...
  • Jcoombs1 likes this

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts
Give me, and I hope its based in the mass effect universe, but doesn't involve sheploo.That'd be disapointing to say the least

FuturePasTimeCE

FuturePasTimeCE
  • Members
  • 2,691 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
:crying: I wish I can get  a Hollywood premiere seat.

Edited by FuturePasTimeCE, 25 May 2010 - 03:52 PM.

Melissa Russell

Melissa Russell
  • Members
  • 180 posts
We're not going to have to wait for ME3 to come out before the movie does, will we?

frankgp

frankgp
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hugh Jackman as Sehpard! ;D

Neo Hex Omega

Neo Hex Omega
  • Members
  • 168 posts
I honestly hope that the movie plot has nothing to do with the Shepard trilogy... that would kill the point of having a choice-based storyline, and attempting to recast the existing characters with look and sound alikes would inevitably be disappointing.

That said, the Mass Effect galaxy is a place with a great many stories to tell, so here's hoping that the writers and producers will craft something fresh.

Jex9

Jex9
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Please please PLEASE stick with the original story of Mass Effect and don't do any dramatic changes! We're trusting you Bioware exec producers to keep this movie true the epicness of the game. Please don't let us down!

Lucy Glitter

Lucy Glitter
  • Members
  • 4,996 posts
BIGGEST FACEPALM IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Jesus, BioWare, what the heck. ME doesn't need a movie, it already is one for christ's sakes. Cash cows.

Edited by Lucy_Glitter, 25 May 2010 - 03:50 PM.

pra_viilon

pra_viilon
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Count Viceroy wrote...

Give me, and I hope its based in the mass effect universe, but doesn't involve sheploo.That'd be disapointing to say the least

I agree, we have had enough of him and he is unique for every player. First ship arriving to mars, discovering ruins, relay recover from ice ... first contact war... that would be GREAT story!

Bohica Ice

Bohica Ice
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I would really like this to be at least a trilogy, I feel that if you produce a mass effect film you will have the support of the fans to make all of it. Start at the first contact war and so on. I really don't want to see 1 movie with everything crammed into it. That would be a injustice.

Tempus Frangit

Tempus Frangit
  • Members
  • 151 posts
I hope it comes out alright. I'm sure it will, actually, with Muzyka, Zeshy and Casey on the team. They won't let anything too bad happen.

Also, don't make it in 3D. It would be awful. I'm so sick of the 3D fad.

Lady Kaguya

Lady Kaguya
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Personally I'm not really sure what to say. To me, a movie sorta ruins the whole point of Mass Effect. It's about the choices you make in the game, and how it effects everything around you (hence mass effect?). If a movie pops up, I'd think it would ruin the fun.

Now, if this would be about expanding the universe, and focused not so much on Shepard, I will be excited. Otherwise, I'm still 'eh'.

Izioie

Izioie
  • Members
  • 3 posts

pra_viilon wrote...

first contact war!!! please!

Second this! That would be cool to see William's grandaddy fighting!

JRCHOharry

JRCHOharry
  • Members
  • 7,782 posts

Lucy_Glitter wrote...

BIGGEST FACEPALM IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Jesus, BioWare, what the heck. ME doesn't need a movie, it already is one for christ's sakes. Cash cows.

Bumping this quote.

smalvarado

smalvarado
  • Members
  • 7 posts
As long a Seth Green plays Joker, I'm 100% on board with this.

Eyesofjon

Eyesofjon
  • Members
  • 17 posts
If Keanu Reeves Is Shepard, I will cry.