Photo

BioWare brings Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Dragon Age II DLC to San Diego Comic Con

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,259 posts
BioWare is once again returning to the San Diego Comic Con and this year, we are bringing Mass Effect 3 and a never before seen, Dragon Age II DLC with us. Comic Con begins Thursday July  21 and runs through Sunday July 24 and we will have all sorts of awesome BioWare coolness at our base in the Hilton Gaslamp hotel.  This will be the first opportunity for fans to play Mass Effect 3 as well as the next Dragon Age II DLC.  In addition, we will be hosting the first annual BioWare Costume Contest on Friday, July 22 for the best BioWare inspired costumes.  We’ll be giving away awesome convention swag, opportunities to meet members of the BioWare staff, and we’ll have a special designated area for cos-play character photo opportunities and much more.

Make sure you come and visit us at the Hilton Gaslamp (401 K Street) to experience everything live (remember, you do not need a comic con badge to take part). If you can’t visit us in San Diego, make sure you stay tuned to the BioWare Pulse TV broadcasts where we will be keeping everyone up to date with live broadcasts all day, each day.

We’ll be revealing more details about the events at the BioWare base as we get closer to the event. Make sure you plan to visit BioWare at the San Diego Comic Con or check back for details on BioWare Pulse broadcasts live from the event.  Follow us @MassEffect and @BioFeed for more details on Comic Con. :)

Edit: I can now confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic with also be at San Diego Comic Con. They will be at the BioWare Base in the Gaslamnp Hilton and in the convention hall at the Lucasarts/Star Wars booth. You do not need passes to visit us at the BioWare Base in the Gaslamp Hilton, but you do need Comic Con badges to get into the convention hall.

Edit Part 2: We have now added details about the Fan Art Showcase. You can check them out here.

Edit Part 3: We have now added details about the Costume Contest. You can check them out here.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 04 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

Scottwo

Scottwo
  • Members
  • 53 posts
Yay! NEW ME3 stuff?!?!?! Or E3 demos?

UBER GEEKZILLA

UBER GEEKZILLA
  • Members
  • 947 posts
PLEEZE DO THIS AT THE NEXT SEATTLE COMIC CON TOO

Gibb_Shepard

Gibb_Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,694 posts
Can't wait to see what this new DLC is.

rft

rft
  • Members
  • 286 posts
W00T new DLC and ME3 stuff. Just pre-ordered my ME3 Collecters Edition to.

Knightstar2001

Knightstar2001
  • Members
  • 206 posts
So is Bioware just Demoing the next Dragon Age 2 DLC at the Con or will the DLC be release around the same time as the Con?
If just Demoing,can we take this as a Sign that the DLC will be pretty big?
What is the Reason for showing off the DLC at the con. Is it to reassure people who were upset at DA2 that this DLC has corrected some of the criticism found with the main game or is this DLC just that big of a deal to the DA universe?

cihimi

cihimi
  • Members
  • 446 posts
Edit: Post removed. No name calling here. :devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 20 June 2011 - 10:53 PM.

Guest_fibchopkin_*

Guest_fibchopkin_*
  • Guests
^ Seconded. I'm super excited to see this DLC though, any hints on when it may available for download in Asia?

Edited by fibchopkin, 20 June 2011 - 10:46 PM.

MrDizazta

MrDizazta
  • Members
  • 1,937 posts
I sure hope this DA2 DLC doesn't suck. I have been waiting for something decent

TMA LIVE

TMA LIVE
  • Members
  • 7,015 posts
Anything new, ME3 wise, or just what was shown at E3?

_John Crichton

_John Crichton
  • Members
  • 205 posts
Any other EA games going to be there? Last year was cool with DA2 and Dead Space 2.

Starshaker

Starshaker
  • Members
  • 14 posts
WHAT ABOUT SWTOR!!!!!??? ARE THEY NOT COMING????

Not...Mordin

Not...Mordin
  • Members
  • 103 posts
Oh! a new DLC, that should be fun. Wonder whether it'll be post end of game or more missions you'll play in game. Either way Raven Hawke spreads his wings again, if only he could fly...

I will be watching Pulse, Thanks for the heads up Mr. Priestly.

Withidread

Withidread
  • Members
  • 471 posts
No way I can attend (sadly) but I'm hoping for pictures of someone dressed like Minsc.

shedevil3001

shedevil3001
  • Members
  • 2,988 posts
oh man i hate living in the uk *grumbles* missing it all again :{ im excited to hear dlc is coming out for da2 soon though awesome news chris :}

Jaron Oberyn

Jaron Oberyn
  • Members
  • 6,755 posts
Can't wait. :)

-Polite

zweistein_J

zweistein_J
  • Members
  • 441 posts
nice :D

Someone With Mass

Someone With Mass
  • Members
  • 38,561 posts
Please show off some other classes than just the Soldier this time.

DaVeO52

DaVeO52
  • Members
  • 39 posts
DLC!!! Wheeeeeeee! Hmm, any word on a Dragon Age comic? Since, y'know, it's a comic con.

Darth Death

Darth Death
  • Members
  • 2,396 posts
My anticipation meter is off the charts!

thesilverlinedviking

thesilverlinedviking
  • Members
  • 196 posts
YESSS they finally are going to say something about the DLC!!!!

Semphis

Semphis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
hopefully its something that takes place after the story like hawke on the run or something

benkenik

benkenik
  • Members
  • 4 posts
아 무슨 말이야. 해석 좀 ㅋㅋ

cihimi

cihimi
  • Members
  • 446 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

Edit: Post removed. No name calling here. :devil:

I apologize. Frustration got the better of me. I'll try to exercise more tolerance.

Ok...move along, nothing to see here.

PARAGON87

PARAGON87
  • Members
  • 1,848 posts
We gotta wait until July for a possible release date announcement?

I'm not a happy Paragon.

Edited by PARAGON87, 21 June 2011 - 02:23 AM.