From her Tumblr. Lady Insanity had a chance to interview David for about an hour at GaymerX this weekend.
He has such a lovely voice.
- John Epler and Iron Bull praise.
- All human Inquisitors are nobles from the Free March. We don't start out as a leader.
- The Red Templars can be automatons if the lyrium has overwhelmed the mind, but some are more intelligent.
- Blood magic is still morally ambiguous, not just pure evil.
- Red lyrium is not 'more powerful' than blue lyrium. It's something different.
- A hedge mage can never be a proper mage.
- A sarabaas is a form of hedge mage; can't do regular spell casting, they mostly just blow things up.
- There are Circles in Rivani as well.
- In Nevarra, for each person who dies, a spirit is invited into their body. This maintains a 'balance' between life and death. In older cemeteries, there are undead just wandering around.
- Tevinter interbreed in order to create perfect mages. Nobles must always present themselves as perfect mages and any deviancy is looked down on. Families maintain their public self image.
- The Tevinter consider themselves a meritocracy as even those born into slavery might become a mage, earn their freedom, and climb the social ladder. Elves within Tevinter tend to see this as evidence they have more opportunity there.
- David is thinking of writing a new novel.
- The Great Game is based on traditions and is the way the Orlesian maintain a hierarchy. It's from a time when all noble titles were abolished - everyone was lord or lady - and this allowed Houses to maintain their social status.
- Non-nobles seek out noble patrons in order to gain social status. Even common Orlesians consider the ability to be duplicitous a virtue.
- All DLC exist even if you didn't play them.
- Something about Alistiar and Fiona comes up in the game.
- For some characters, you can decline sexual advances and continue the romance.
- Merrill is bisexual. Even if you romance her with a male Hawke, she is not straight.
- They wanted to make sure each specialization requires reactivity. They removed blood magic because it tended to dominate the narrative.
- There is an NPC you can flirt with and romance BUT it is not full-fledged, not like a companions.
- Skyhold will be shown Soon
- LI: What is Cullen's surname? David: Oh sh*t, I forget!
- David is not aware of anything like the Black Emporium.
- Approval is much like DA:O. Companions can be gone for good.
- Some companions can be skipped or immediately dropped, while others are mandatory.
- Of all the announced DA:I followers, David would romance... Iron Bull. David would #ridethebull.
A huge THANK YOU to lady insanity. This is one of the best interviews I've come across.