Photo

PC Community Concerns

19127 replies to this topic

adr750227

adr750227
  • Members
  • 45 posts
Well Bioware; your experiment failed......
maybe next time....
  • Lortheron likes this

jcmuki

jcmuki
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Great Article by INCGamer about bioware's epic fail Patch 2

http://www.incgamers...breaks-graphics

• Lortheron likes this

Tremere

Tremere
  • Members
  • 537 posts

These are troubling times indeed for the team from Edmonton. *smh* I really wanted BioWare to knock this out of the park. [Sorry for the baseball metaphor, but..] Okay... Maybe this is just the first inning, but this team seems to be in serious need of a shakeup. They need someone in rightfield and center, their starting pitchers are all over the place and the relievers can't hold a lead nor pitch themselves out of trouble. Many are claiming that management is the problem... Whether that's true or not is debatable, but the guys on the field and in the dugout are the ones responsible for the first impression. I think it's fair to say that they're struggling.

• Lortheron, Echoic and AnhedonicDonkey like this

TruffleMeister

TruffleMeister
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Great Article by INCGamer about bioware's epic fail Patch 2

http://www.incgamers...breaks-graphics

XD I don't know how I should feel about having my Hawke be the poster-child for the biggest patch fail in all history.

• frylock23, BioBrainX, earymir and 6 others like this

Jackal19851111

Jackal19851111
  • Members
  • 1,710 posts

XD I don't know how I should feel about having my Hawke be the poster-child for the biggest patch fail in all history.

That's YOUR hawke? lol

• Dan Dillo likes this

BobbyGG2

BobbyGG2
  • Members
  • 13 posts

I reported the following problem to EA:

Upon loading the game, the game would begin to stutter intermittently (During exploration + combat has no effect either way), the frequency increasing with time until the game would literally halt, then release, eventually (10 minutes to be exact) rendering all game functions including UI selections to slow down to a stop. The symptoms are exactly the same regardless of graphics settings (Low-Ultra)

I enabled the CPU+GPU graph meter within the game console and took the screenshots below pre-patch and post patch. It appears the intermittent spiking occurring in the pre-patched game is perhaps less severe in peaks but more frequent in the post patch version. The game still eventually halts.

After several unsuccessful troubleshooting steps I was asked to perform by EA, they told me to wait for a patch and driver update. At the moment I'm hoping for a driver update as it seems like the only thing left.

My Rig Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 670

Memory: 16.00 GB RAM

Resolution: 1920x1080 60 Hz

NVIDIA Driver Version: 344.75

Also happens regardless of settings. It starts straight away. Totally unplayable for me:

fUzxr89.jpg

I'm just standing in place...

FX8320, 8GB DDR3-1866, AMD HD-7970, Windows 8.1, AMD Omega Drivers

• Hunter_Rayder93, DahliaLynn and Wuulfpack like this

Caelistas

Caelistas
  • Members
  • 183 posts

You're an internet celebrity now trufflemeister! B)

• TruffleMeister likes this

TruffleMeister

TruffleMeister
  • Members
  • 97 posts

That's YOUR hawke? lol

lol yea, I posted a pic of how messed up the new patch made my once attractive Hawke Here I thought this was more funny than horrible. Probably the best thing (on a comedic point) about this new patch.

• Mesungen likes this

fingerboxes

fingerboxes
  • Members
  • 25 posts

This is definitely not the biggest patch fail in all history.That honor goes to CCP, the developers and publishers of EVE Online, who's 'Trinity' patch actually rendered many users PCs unbootable.

• AlyssaFaden likes this

TruffleMeister

TruffleMeister
  • Members
  • 97 posts

This is definitely not the biggest patch fail in all history.That honor goes to CCP, the developers and publishers of EVE Online, who's 'Trinity' patch actually rendered many users PCs unbootable.

Seriously? How do you manage to fail that hard where you can't even turn on your PC?

Brogan

Brogan
  • Members
  • 2,190 posts

So, just got home from work.

What's good, fellas??

fingerboxes

fingerboxes
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Seriously? How do you manage to fail that hard where you can't even turn on your PC?

The patch included a replacement boot.ini file. This was back in the bad old WinXP days, when there was no UAC to protect system files from these kind of shenanigans.

Morroian

Morroian
  • Members
  • 6,396 posts

What's good, fellas??

Fit has hit the shan

• TobyJake likes this

BammBamm

BammBamm
  • Members
  • 456 posts

What's good, fellas??

dont ask, dont read, do something else and have a nice evening :D

• Lortheron likes this

frylock23

frylock23
  • Members
  • 3,037 posts

I really have to wonder exactly what PC they are testing theses things on because clearly they aren't testing across a range of builds assuming they test on a PC at all.

• coldflame, LunaFancy and Lady Tech like this

Morroian

Morroian
  • Members
  • 6,396 posts

dont ask, dont read, do something else and have a nice evening :D

and for the love of good don't patch the game!!

• BammBamm likes this

BobbyGG2

BobbyGG2
  • Members
  • 13 posts

We just posted graphs for both Intel and AMD CPUs, and nVidea and AMD GPUs. Both upper-midrange systems.

It's a surprise it runs on anyones hardware...

Madelin

Madelin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I hope "display driver stopped working and has recovered" had somehow been fixed... 

Tyr Ceti

Tyr Ceti
  • Members
  • 3 posts

That was a dark day.  I installed that patch getting ready to fight epic fights and logged in.  Everything seemed ok.  Figured a good restart would set things just right. While restarting, I walked away to grab a drink and then came back to - non-bootable disk detected please insert bootable drive (or something like that)  was like, "oh boy".  Of all the patch screw ups - that one ranks as THE most borked patch of all times.  I spent a better part of a day restoring my computer.

• Noelemahc and Mesungen like this

TKavatar

TKavatar
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

What's good, fellas??

Don't update your game.

lucious2004

lucious2004
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I think the community as a whole deserves A - Hotfix tomorrow latest or rollback, B - Normally i don't jump on the bandwagon of free dlc but in this case i think we have all been patient enough this could not have gone any worse specially when people like myself are very much deep into the game to have a patch so totally and completely destroy the gaming experience at such a crucial part of the story, well if i could i'd use more strong language to describe it, my point is this is on the scale of catastrophic failure and deserves some sort of (thanks guys you can have this freebie for your patients) god knows we have all suffered here, and finally C - an in depth and transparent analysis (by that i mean someone senior ask those lazy Q+A guys what went wrong and report back to us in a timely fashion) as to how the Q+A missed such obvious and widespread bugs which seem to be effecting every platform and every hardware configuration. 

Lortheron

Lortheron
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Basically I needed nothing the patch "fixed". Bioware, please, are you even listening to your community??

THIS (bellow), is what we NEED:

@allan schumacher

Hello there Allan, thank you for putting your time into this...

Please, see if you agree with me that all the problems bellow are the common complain within the PC community (guess 60%+), and - if so - how close are you into fixing these specific problems, please:

Simpler things, like the zoom of the camera and, specially, the tactical camera and allowing click to move when paused (NOT JUST when using tactical camera) should be fixable in hours of work and patch for those released in a day or two -- if mods where available I'm sure there would be a mod fixing those two things at day one.

More complicated things, like AI and UI should come in a week or two. But more immediate AI problems, like it not following tactical camera orders when one leaves it (and that just sounds like a bug or something unplanned, because I can't think of anyone who would actually want the game to BE that way) should be addressed in days as wheel.

So basically...

URGENT MATTERS (again, I think most of the community will agree, and I do see this problems bellow as the most complained about here -- just check early posts):

_Camera zoom (more, on all modes, specially the Tactical Camera mode)

_Click to move and orders available in pause mode (not ONLY in tactical camera mode)

_AI keeping commands, orders, given in Tactical Camera Mode even when you leave it (Tactical Camera mode).

_Walk/Run Toggle

Medium - longterm matters:

_UI (what everyone is saying).

_AI (actually making it better and more configurable).

Thank you very much for your attention, do hope you read it.

Guess we can all basically agree that all the issues above are killing the game combat and overall experience.

SO: When Bioware, when will you actually fix the things we ASKED for?

• Lohdahn likes this

Lortheron

Lortheron
  • Members
  • 38 posts

By the way: does anyone knows about any new good mods / hacks for DAI? Like tho one that zooms the camera out? (Thanks).

Modders, please, since Bioware is taking eons to patch up their game right, can you please give hope for a good Christmas DAI experience for every behaved, good, PC gamer?

Conal Pierse

Conal Pierse
  • BioWare Employees
  • 266 posts

Hey Everyone,

We're working on getting a hot fix out for the PC graphics issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, here is a workaround you can try:

To start, make sure the quality setting you choose is equal to the setting set for Mesh Quality inside Options>Graphics

You will need to add a new command line parameter. To do this:

Through Origin:

1. Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition title
  2. Go to game properties
  3. Type the command line parameter in the Command Line Properties box.

Through shortcut:

1. Right Click Shortcut
  2. Go to Properties
  3. Under target go to the end of the field and type the command line parameter into the box

Once there, add the following command line parameter: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel <quality setting>

In this instance, <quality setting> should be one of the following:

• Ultra
  • High
  • Medium
  • Low

An example of how to set your quality to high would be: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel High

Please note that once the hot fix is out, you will need to go back in and remove this workaround from your command line.

It’s also important to note that pre-patch 2, all users on PC were being forced to use the Ultra shader quality. This means that those of you playing on lower settings will notice a decrease in quality, particularly players using low or medium settings.

To achieve the same visuals as pre-patch, users on lower settings will need to change their settings to Ultra, which should likewise be used in conjunction with Ultra mesh quality. Mismatching the mesh and shader settings will result in other visual artifacts like overly shiny hair.

Please be aware that changing settings to Ultra may impact performance on some machines.

Sorry about any frustration this may have caused.

• Alan Rickman, StingingVelvet, KrashLog and 41 others like this

AlyssaFaden

AlyssaFaden
  • Members
  • 109 posts

That was a dark day.  I installed that patch getting ready to fight epic fights and logged in.  Everything seemed ok.  Figured a good restart would set things just right. While restarting, I walked away to grab a drink and then came back to - non-bootable disk detected please insert bootable drive (or something like that)  was like, "oh boy".  Of all the patch screw ups - that one ranks as THE most borked patch of all times.  I spent a better part of a day restoring my computer.

Dude, I'd be STEAMING.

• luism likes this